Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOEM! (faq of sorts)

What is MOEM?
    Moem stands for modified oem, that is to say it represents those of us who are not into jdm or into bodykits and such. Our cars arent stock, but they arent jdm, and they arent kitted. This phrase gets to the heart of the problem that is people calling modified cars jdm looking. My car has nothing jdm looking on it, but ive heard people say it just because jdm is the new it. This terminology looks to eliminate the inappropriate labeling of the modified car enthusiasts automobile in members ride threads, but more specifically on www.cardomain.com

Awesome mike!
    Thats not a question, but thanks.

Im all for this new terminology, but i dont know how its pronounced. Is it mo-em, m-o-e-m, or what?
    Good question, i prefer to say mo-e-m. that is you say mo, then e, then m.

Spread the word, this is going to be huge i tell you, huge!
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

I support it.

I'd pronounce it "mome", even though that makes no phonetic sense what-so-ever
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i like to say .. "it's hella fixed up" . . or plainly "it's customized/modified" lol.. .. but if this moem gets movin' .. of course i'll move with it .. lol
      -:¦:-
      Originally posted by wed3k
      i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

mo-e-m sounds best eye-em-oh.

<- proud of his m-oem outlook

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

moem is the new black.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
            moem is the new black.
            lol
            -:¦:-
            Originally posted by wed3k
            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

perhaps it should be that there is no one way to say moem, because each person's mods are different!
              /genius.

Comment

JDM fits under the category of modified OEM. Kinna confusing.

What exactly is modified OEM? Is it stock parts from other countries? USDM, EDM, JDM, AUSM (Australia DM, I think thats incorrect).

Comment

sure, jdm is modifying oem, as is stuff lits kits and all that, but i feel as if they are all different categories. amber corners are not jdm, no matter what the ebay sellers try and tell us. if your parts are really jdm edm or whatever, then yes, youre starting to go for that jdm/edm flare. however, if your parts are just aftermarket and not market specific then its moem.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                    sure, jdm is modifying oem, as is stuff lits kits and all that, but i feel as if they are all different categories. amber corners are not jdm, no matter what the ebay sellers try and tell us. if your parts are really jdm edm or whatever, then yes, youre starting to go for that jdm/edm flare. however, if your parts are just aftermarket and not market specific then its moem.
                    So its basically modifying your car with any aftermarket parts. Then whats with moem if any aftermarket parts is a modification or add on to the oem?

Comment

Very interesting concept Chessboxer I think my car would fit into this category! It think OEM upgrades are really sweet, like Lude seats, brakes, shifter, cluster, 5-lug, Legend flushmount + lip or 2 piston calipers, S2K sidemarkers, Integra headrests or seats, Vigor/CC2 rear sway, headlights, etc... So many OEM upgrade options!

Comment

i can relate to this. i mod every part, custom, OEM, aftermarket, whatever, i mod it in some way or just make stuff. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

in case anyone was wondering, im kind of kidding here. i dont actually expect this to go anywhere, and its really just because i get tired of people saying that x car is jdm when it has no jdm parts on it. just because its not stock and its not kitted up doesnt make it jdm.
                          hondab18, dont take me so seriously, pretty please?

Comment

sounds like momo gone bad.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                              in case anyone was wondering, im kind of kidding here. i dont actually expect this to go anywhere, and its really just because i get tired of people saying that x car is jdm when it has no jdm parts on it. just because its not stock and its not kitted up doesnt make it jdm.
                              hondab18, dont take me so seriously, pretty please?
                              Lol no no. Just trying to get a better understanding of the concept.

Comment

Working...
                              X