my car got stuck at a shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my car got stuck at a shop!

ok so i went to this place road runner muffler today. now my dc sports headers has 2 huge dents in them so i got an h22 downpipe a stock one with flex (now for sale) and i went to take it to road runner to get a headerback exhuast installed... well he said he doesnt mess with headers. soo i took it down the street and drove all over the place trying to find someone to install the downpipe first. i finally foudn this place.

so they said 60 bucks. but then they found they couldnt unbolt the header from underneath because the oilpan was in the way so they said 80

so they let it cool and they find out that the gasket is bad on the h22 downpipe and the one from my downpipe doesnt fit.... so they get black silicone and put it on thier and bolt up the exhuast. they lower the car so i can take it to road runner down the street. it hits the ground and the most horrible thing happens.

my car is lowered so much that the stock downpipe touches the ground. oh shit i thought now im fucked...

they cant even get it off the lift. and its getting time till close, so then i ask them what to do and theyve already taken it all apart. so now im like great im fucked 30 minutes away from home. then the guy tells me he can put the old ones back on but thats pointless because the old ones have 2 huge dents in the pipes. so he says he cant fix the dents because the downpipe is aluminum but he can cut and weld the other downpipe but that is goign to be expensive and not today.

eventually we find out that the dc sports downpipe isnt aluminum and he can cut it fix the dents and reweld.

so im like ahh shit i have to leave the car here plus its gonna be expensive. i talk to the guy for a while and he asked me what i wanted done at the other shop and i told him. He was also a muffler guy but i didnt know how good he was, well hes been working as a muffler guy for 15 years and knows alot about exhuast and sound and performance. so i told him that instaed of taking it to road runer id pay him to do the whole exhuast too and that way i could give him more money but get it done cheaper all together. but i told him i wanted it to soudn good like a subaru. And he starts making noises of cars like raspy honda civics bwahhhh and stuff and im like no no. and then hes like ahh you want like this wahhhh wahhhh. and im like yeah yeah. so he says hes going to reweld my downpipe, put in my old 18 resonater. get rid of the huge flowmaster muffler and do 2 inch pipe from the header to the resonater then 2 1/4 from the resonater to the muffler and he said he'll install a new muffler also...

so my dad is thier freaking out cuz hes paying for it as a my birthday/christmas present and it seems like its gonna be alot of money. i asked him how much nad he says it normally would be about 400 dollars... eek! but he said he will do it for 250.

so the day turned out good but it was so stressful and my friend had to come pick me and my dad up from this place.... i cant wait to hear it ill post a vid....

]

idk why i got annoyed reading this but i did....

Comment

the stories just dont end with you man. get a sound clip up when you can.

Comment

How bad did the stock downpipe touch the ground and why was it worse than the DC? How much is your CB lowered? Glad it's back under control

Comment

It shouldn't touch... that car isn't much lower than mine. Is he making you a custom downpipe?

$250 is a good price for sure. I paid almost $450 for my exhaust from the header back (paid for a new cat too).

What do you mean "like a Subaru"? A Subaru with a shitty exhaust will sound just as bad as a Civic with a shitty exhaust... and the same goes for good sounding quality parts. The difference is that most people who modify Subarus (especially the WRX and STi) don't buy cheap shitty parts. Ricers with 15 year old Civics will drop $150 on ebay crap and think they're hot shit.

Most muffler shops don't carry high quality performance mufflers. You may get a quality straight through design, but it'll be loud.

Also, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING 2" to 2.25"? That is going to choke the poor H22! 2.25" should be the minimum... 2.5" is best.

Comment

Originally posted by DhN

LOL yea half way through i was like wha? lol

but im glad your shit is right and it all came together....post clips son!

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
              haha same here dude. lol The whole time reading I'm just thinking....why am I so pissed?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                What do you mean "like a Subaru"? A Subaru with a shitty exhaust will sound just as bad as a Civic with a shitty exhaust... and the same goes for good sounding quality parts. The difference is that most people who modify Subarus (especially the WRX and STi) don't buy cheap shitty parts. Ricers with 15 year old Civics will drop $150 on ebay crap and think they're hot shit.
                The boxer engine design is the source of the engine note. People with WRX/STIs run $200 ebay exhaust and it still has the characteristic rumble due to the design of the motor. With equal length headers it will sound like a normal car.

Comment

hmm i didnt know 2 inch would choke it thats interesting its so loud right now but i guess my muffler is shit i dunno i just hate loud cars i think theyre obnoxious.... yeah i am getting a custom downpipe should be pretty nice. ill call him in the morning and tell him to make it 2.25 to 2.5....

but yeah it is so loud right now i dunno why maybe its just me and i think its loud. he said hes also gonna push the muffler back as far as length goes so itll have a bit more piping after the muffler and that will also make it sound better should be done at about 1 tomorrow. soo ill let everyone know asap
                  ]

Comment

For the quietest sound, get the longest, fattest muffler with a perforated core you can find. Running fairly unrestrictive resonators won't hurt either.

Also, 2.5" throughout with a high-flow cat would be best. 2.25" anywhere in the exhaust will create a bottleneck. It won't be terrible, but you'll lose some high end. Seeing as that is where the H22 makes it's power, it's not the best idea. Of course, maybe restricting the power a bit would be a good idea!

Comment

mine sounds like a wrx all i did was put on a apexi turbo ni muffler and i wasnt even trying to get that sound

Myspace
                      My ride
                      my vouches
                      H22 fund: $125
                      My rides:
                      92 civic B16 (sold)
                      93 civic B18A (sold)
                      93 accord F22A6
                      91 civic 4 door (sold)
                      98 GSXR 750 traded for B16 swap civic

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                        ok so i went to this place road runner muffler today. now my dc sports headers has 2 huge dents in them so i got an h22 downpipe a stock one with flex (now for sale) and i went to take it to road runner to get a headerback exhuast installed... well he said he doesnt mess with headers. soo i took it down the street and drove all over the place trying to find someone to install the downpipe first. i finally foudn this place.

so they said 60 bucks. but then they found they couldnt unbolt the header from underneath because the oilpan was in the way so they said 80

so they let it cool and they find out that the gasket is bad on the h22 downpipe and the one from my downpipe doesnt fit.... so they get black silicone and put it on thier and bolt up the exhuast. they lower the car so i can take it to road runner down the street. it hits the ground and the most horrible thing happens.

my car is lowered so much that the stock downpipe touches the ground. oh shit i thought now im fucked...

they cant even get it off the lift. and its getting time till close, so then i ask them what to do and theyve already taken it all apart. so now im like great im fucked 30 minutes away from home. then the guy tells me he can put the old ones back on but thats pointless because the old ones have 2 huge dents in the pipes. so he says he cant fix the dents because the downpipe is aluminum but he can cut and weld the other downpipe but that is goign to be expensive and not today.

eventually we find out that the dc sports downpipe isnt aluminum and he can cut it fix the dents and reweld.

so im like ahh shit i have to leave the car here plus its gonna be expensive. i talk to the guy for a while and he asked me what i wanted done at the other shop and i told him. He was also a muffler guy but i didnt know how good he was, well hes been working as a muffler guy for 15 years and knows alot about exhuast and sound and performance. so i told him that instaed of taking it to road runer id pay him to do the whole exhuast too and that way i could give him more money but get it done cheaper all together. but i told him i wanted it to soudn good like a subaru. And he starts making noises of cars like raspy honda civics bwahhhh and stuff and im like no no. and then hes like ahh you want like this wahhhh wahhhh. and im like yeah yeah. so he says hes going to reweld my downpipe, put in my old 18 resonater. get rid of the huge flowmaster muffler and do 2 inch pipe from the header to the resonater then 2 1/4 from the resonater to the muffler and he said he'll install a new muffler also...

so my dad is thier freaking out cuz hes paying for it as a my birthday/christmas present and it seems like its gonna be alot of money. i asked him how much nad he says it normally would be about 400 dollars... eek! but he said he will do it for 250.

so the day turned out good but it was so stressful and my friend had to come pick me and my dad up from this place.... i cant wait to hear it ill post a vid....

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                          The boxer engine design is the source of the engine note. People with WRX/STIs run $200 ebay exhaust and it still has the characteristic rumble due to the design of the motor. With equal length headers it will sound like a normal car.
                          preetty much what I was gonna say.
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

ok so im going to the hsop now. apparently they cant find the gaskets fro the dc sports header lol and the stock ones dont fit. ill keep you updated lol....
                            ]

Comment

Originally posted by DhN

x2

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Working...
                              X