New Tranny is in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tranny is in

Well, just spent the last 12 hours doing a new tranny swap on my car, i bought the tranny for 120, he didnt know what condition it was in so it was a gamble, second and third gear have a SMALL grind at high rpm's, i used GM syncromesh so that should take care of it, but i have to shower and i'm exhausted cause its 3 AM and i just got in the door

hard work eh?

get some rest.

Comment

damn, 12 hours! did you take the motor out or leave it in?

Comment

i know how you're feelin man. Good luck with it!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
          damn, 12 hours! did you take the motor out or leave it in?

left it in, but my stablilizer bar? i believe its called is frozen so we cnat take it off, so we had to work around it, and it was just a big hassle going back in, we had it out in 2.5 hours, but just going back in took forever, the biggest pain in the ass was getting the slave cylinder back on

Comment

What engine, what tranny? Feedback on where you seen the improvement from the original tranny, which was what by the way?

What rpm in 5th gear @ 70 mph, same question for 80mph?
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
              left it in, but my stablilizer bar? i believe its called is frozen so we cnat take it off, so we had to work around it, and it was just a big hassle going back in, we had it out in 2.5 hours, but just going back in took forever, the biggest pain in the ass was getting the slave cylinder back on

I hear you on the slave cylinder thing. LOL!

The radius rod is usually the one that comes out. It is the big bar that runs from the front crossmember to the lower control arm.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

after changing my clutch in the finger numbing cold weather, i decided it would be easier to remove the tranny/engine together.lesson learned...

ILBB
                People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                  after changing my clutch in the finger numbing cold weather, i decided it would be easier to remove the tranny/engine together.lesson learned...

ILBB
                  ummm yea, no....

ive done two clutches and it was better to just take the tranny out.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Sweet, I'm impressed How/Why was the slave cyl. giving you trouble? I did mine recently and tried my hardest not to get brake fluid everywhere and had to pre-bleed the M/C before the slave cyl. b/c I got some air in there

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                      ummm yea, no....

that depends on if you suck at swapping engines or not.

for me, its WAY easier to take out the engine/tranny to do a clutch or tranny job. it would take me a lot less time than trying to do it with the engine still in.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                        What engine, what tranny? Feedback on where you seen the improvement from the original tranny, which was what by the way?

What rpm in 5th gear @ 70 mph, same question for 80mph?
                        Not really sure, didn't take down those notes. The biggest improvement for me was not having second gear grind anymore and actually being able to use it! This is on a F22a1 with just a replacement stock f series tranny. Forget the numbers on it, the first numbers with H2 thats all I remember.
                        And that is the correct bar, My fault for getting the name wrong.

Dan, the hardest part was just holding it in place while getting the bolts started, It may have been the fact that it was 1:30 in the AM when I had been working on it all day and becoming exhausted that I was having so much trouble lol, But its all done now thankfully, Now I am going to tackle the CMC tomorrow night since that just crapped the bed on me tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                          ummm yea, no....

After doing it both ways, I would stick to pulling it all. Eh, not like it matters anyway; haven't had a Honda in more than a year.

Comment

Working...
                          X