No announcement yet.

Official Metal Thread: Discussion, suggestions, and analyzation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know right, makes me so mad haha. He's making me want to get a 7 string now...

Comment

Just freakin' love to listen to this while speeding at the highway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJjmMbllcXk

EDIT:
      Youtube mod isn't workin' :/

Comment

Anybody listen to the new Dimmu? I saw them live just the other week.
        Best song off their new album: Gateways
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jfon11JIRg
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I didnt read through the entire thread but I would just love to mention a few of my favorites:
          Between the Buried and Me
          Machine Head
          The Human Abstract
          As I lay Dying
          Chimaira
          Lamb of God
          Parkway Drive
          TOOL

Comment

I liked Rock / Metal ever since I was in 5th grade still like it early 80s and 90s Pink Floyd Sodom Grim Reaper BOC Billy Squire Mercyful Fate King Diamond old Metallica TT Quick Wendy O Williams Lee AAron Kiss Ratt Metal Church Def Leppard Poison Sodom TNT Odin Hades Lita Ford Scorpions Ozzy Osbourne Black Sabbath Dio Rainbow Elf Deep Purple Motley Crue Y Malsteem Heart Slayer Rise Against Rob Zombie Nine Thou Superstars Type O Negative Soundgarden GNR La Guns Danger Danger Warrant Twisted Sister W.A.S.P. Black N Blue 311 Iron Maiden Judas Priest Powerman 5000 Fear Factory COC Ugly Kid Joe Motorhead My Chemical Romance Crud Saliva 30 Seconds to Mars Rush Van Halen With D L R much more etc my two cents
            Last edited by BILLYBOPROCK; 11-30-2010, 02:03 AM.
            Destiny Struggles To Reassert The Pattern That Was Meant To Be. Also Some Of These Members Are Wise Guys With There Wise Guy Answers . Also only inexperienced drivers put donuts in front . You can follow me but it's going to hurt!

Comment

Of Mice & Men
              August burns red
              Parkway Drive
              Attack Attack
              We came as romans
              Abandon all ships
              As i lay Dying

and everything else

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou View Post
                Not sure if Keith Merrow was mentioned in here, he's not huge, but he has written 2 albums that you can get for free off his website along with tabs if you want to play the songs www.keithmerrow.com

Worth giving a listen IMO, this is just a clip from one of his songs

thumbs

way

thefuck

up.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                  Anybody listen to the new Dimmu? I saw them live just the other week.
                  Best song off their new album: Gateways
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jfon11JIRg
                  I've been listening to their new album. Overall it's like the last album, not good. But this song is good, esp. at the end with the woman singing. Didn't know they had a video, pretty interesting.
                  Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                  -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                  MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Dimmu just irritates me. They're ALWAYS the same. Good, but their music has no substance.

I'm hooked on Blood Stain Child right now. They're similar to Children of Bodom or In Flames, but with a heavy Japanese techno/trance influence. They do it really well, I think. They just changed singers, so I'm anxious to see if they're still as good when the next album comes out.

Their earlier stuff is more melodic death metal with keyboards, like Bodom. The incorporated much more of the techno/trance stuff, and even "rapped" vocals in some parts.

Comment

hooked on em.
                      edit for quality.
                      Last edited by texasvtak; 01-11-2011, 12:54 AM.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

I found this band while just looking at drum covers...they're called Volumes and this song is called Intake.

I wish I could understand what hes screaming into the mic but for some reason I just love the melody to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SajZdTpUYYI
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BILLYBOPROCK View Post
                            I liked Rock / Metal ever since I was in 5th grade still like it early 80s and 90s Pink Floyd Sodom Grim Reaper BOC Billy Squire Mercyful Fate King Diamond old Metallica TT Quick Wendy O Williams Lee AAron Kiss Ratt Metal Church Def Leppard Poison Sodom TNT Odin Hades Lita Ford Scorpions Ozzy Osbourne Black Sabbath Dio Rainbow Elf Deep Purple Motley Crue Y Malsteem Heart Slayer Rise Against Rob Zombie Nine Thou Superstars Type O Negative Soundgarden GNR La Guns Danger Danger Warrant Twisted Sister W.A.S.P. Black N Blue 311 Iron Maiden Judas Priest Powerman 5000 Fear Factory COC Ugly Kid Joe Motorhead My Chemical Romance Crud Saliva 30 Seconds to Mars Rush Van Halen With D L R much more etc my two cents

you must be in my age bracket
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Just got into this band: Orphaned Land fucking kick ass along with Agalloch. I missed out on a rare tour by Agalloch, from what my friends told me it was damn good show..and a really rare one at that.

Oh well next time.

I'm slowly starting to find out about these other bands through my best friend.
                              Last edited by HenRoc; 04-05-2011, 01:47 AM.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That was pretty cool. have to read into them

I found this newer band As Blood Runs Black. The style has been done before, but it sounds fresh from a band I never heard before.
                                Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                                -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                                MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                                X