Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the CB game.....for now

For the first time in over 10 years I do not own an Accord

I sold all of my vehicles and parts and have absolutely nothing left. I'm surprisingly OK with it. The 3rd gen and some parts went to deev, and the 2 CB's and all my other parts went to my friend Daniel so I know they're all in good hands.

I leave for boot camp the 18th and I'm still trying to get everything else taken care of before I leave. Selling basically everything I own.

I do plan to get another Accord within a year or so but we'll see what happens.

Pray for me or wish me luck in the Army. It should be fun.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

It will be fun!

For some reason I thought you were too old to join the military, like I thought you were 39.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Eh, you'll like it. It's easy. Welcome aboard.

- Rob -
      92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
      85 Toyota 4Runner
      1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
      2008 HD 1200N
      2009 HD 883N

Comment

wow, you guys are quick with that "Post Reply" button!!!!

Na, I'm 27. Going in as an E3 for Intelligence Analyst. Boot camp should be a lot of fun. It remind me of being a little kid and playing soldier in the woods. lol

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
          wow, you guys are quick with that "Post Reply" button!!!!

Na, I'm 27. Going in as an E3 for Intelligence Analyst. Boot camp should be a lot of fun. It remind me of being a little kid and playing soldier in the woods. lol

Boot camp is cake.

- Rob -
          85 Toyota 4Runner
          2008 HD 1200N
          2009 HD 883N

Comment

It should be. I've read the M16A1 rifle marksmanship and operations manual, started learning the ranks/badges/lingo, read about what's required, been doing sit-ups/push-ups, running about 1-2 miles a day, practicing 5min. shower/shave each day, and so on. I'm trying to make sure I can do everything required before I even go. A little education and preparation goes a long way.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

It should be. I've read the M16A1 rifle marksmanship and operations manual, started learning the ranks/badges/lingo, read about what's required, been doing sit-ups/push-ups, running about 1-2 miles a day, practicing 5min. shower/shave each day, and so on. I'm trying to make sure I can do everything required before I even go. A little education and preparation goes a long way.
              Dayum..another one bites the dust.....LOL.. J/k. Good thing you are prepared. Running will help you out a lot. A lot of people will tell you its cake, then you get there and realize REAL fast like I did back in 2000, that its not.

Then again I dont know. They've pussifed basic quite a bit, but still. When it comes to the army there is no such thing as overprepared. Increase your running to 2-3 miles, 3 times a day. Dont get fat like I did.....LOL... I'm E-5 promotable myself(reservist). Anywayz good luck.

Comment

Just take it all in stride, which I don't think will be a problem for you. Show initiative in leadership. Always be the one behind the guy in last place during runs and such, pushing him forward and encouraging him. Show no concern for yourself, and all concern for your fellow squad members. The DI's (or whatever they're called) see everything, they'll notice your efforts.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

For the first time in over 10 years I do not own an Accord

I sold all of my vehicles and parts and have absolutely nothing left. I'm surprisingly OK with it. The 3rd gen and some parts went to deev, and the 2 CB's and all my other parts went to my friend Daniel so I know they're all in good hands.

I leave for boot camp the 18th and I'm still trying to get everything else taken care of before I leave. Selling basically everything I own.

I do plan to get another Accord within a year or so but we'll see what happens.

Pray for me or wish me luck in the Army. It should be fun.

damn that sucks. i left for basic last october 18th and this october 18th ill still be in iraq. basic is pathetic its so easy. where are you going for it? the worst part for me was not seeing my daughter. are you going active duty ? the m16 is easy to shoot.... you might have m4s now same basic thing just smaller. gas chamber is not bad. if you have to run a mile in mopp4 it sucks but its not the end of the world

why do people say im e5 promotable. no youre an e4 whos not being promoted.
                  Last edited by floored; 10-08-2007, 02:48 AM.

Comment

thanks for the input guys.

I'm going to Ft. Jackson SC for basic and then off to TX for A school. I don't have any kids so I'm willing to get stationed anywhere....see the world (yes even Iraq ).

Getting fat is not a problem for me......I found out at the phys that I weigh a whopping 118lbs a 6'0" !!!! I've been trying to put on a few lbs before I leave but it's not working so far

A lot of my family has been in the military and have told me DO NOT VOLUNTEER FOR ANYTHING!!!!! I think because of my age, my maturity level, and my determination I may be pushed into some type of leadership role but we'll see. I actually plan to help out the guys as much as possible. I think most people join the military because they're not quite sure what they want to do with their life and it's a "good start". I know what I want and decided to join the military because it was the quickest possible way for me to get what I need to set the rest of my life up.

I won't be forcing the Bible down anyones throat, but I will offer some of the hope, truth, knowledge, and guidance that is in the Bible to the guys who are lost or confused. Even simple things like "if what you are about to say is not going to help you or anyone around you, then it doesn't need to be said" cause you know there's gonna be a lot of young'uns who are quick to run their mouths. Some may understand what I mean by this and others will think I'm crazy, but I truly feel that it is Gods will for me to do this. He has kinda backed me into a corner by removing all the opportunities in my life to "force me" to do this. I know I will be put to good use in the military and after. I see how He is prepping me mentally/physically/spiritually/emotionally to be a "guardian" or a "protector" of those who are not able to defend themselves.

I can't wait!

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Good luck, Pat! You know the 3G is in good hands (and will actually get worked on... unlike the last time I owned it! )

It sounds like things are working out. People have always looked up to you in the Honda world, so I'm sure you'll take on a similar role in the military. You never push your ideals on anyone, but show a good example. That provides a much more profound impact, I believe.

Definitely keep in touch. You're doing intelligence... so I know you'll have access to a computer!

Who knows... maybe you'll get stationed in Japan, and your next Accord will be JDM!

Comment

Oh wow, you're goin to Camp Mickey Mouse. That's where I went.

You're way ahead of the game for that place. It's not too bad this time of year. Fire ants should be a non issue now with it cooling off.

Here's a tip for the CS chamber..... Don't Blink until they make you. You'll have to at the end, and it sucks, but until they make you it's manageable if you don't blink. Try not to cough either. Slow controlled breathing will keep you from puking later on. And they will feed you ChiliMac before you go in, lol. I never puked doin what I just told ya. I've been thru one everyone year since then too, lol. It's actually good for the sinuses. Never been as clear as I am after a nice tear gassing, lol. Oh and Mace ain't SHIT after you've been thru it.

- Rob -
                        85 Toyota 4Runner
                        2008 HD 1200N
                        2009 HD 883N

Comment

I couldnt do it. Not in a million years. But I wish you luck, and try to have fun lol.

Comment

deev, thanks for the nice comments bro!

Originally posted by 203Cree
                            It's actually good for the sinuses. Never been as clear as I am after a nice tear gassing,
                            lol! I can see it now... " Hey doc, I've got a little bit of cold and sinus build up. Just set me up with a little tear gas and I'll b straight!" lol

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

I wish you the best of luck
                              Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Working...
                              X