Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North American Union? Is this all for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North American Union? Is this all for real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo

apparently Bush signed this thing that said if the country were to go under attack again he would have full control of the country without going through congress, in the safety of national security of course. I know thats true, i can't find where you can look it up but ill find it.

so how real is this video?
    ]

Hasn't it always been the case? That in the case of an emergency, the President has the power to make an independent decision?

I'm many many years out of school, so I could be totally wrong there.

Honestly, even though George W. Bush hasn't really instilled the greatest of confidence in me... I'd rather have one man, even him, able to make a decision, rather than letting this country go up in flames due to political red tape.

Of course, if we get invaded... there's no way in hell I'm waiting for ANYONE's command. I'm arming myself and taking out as many as I can before they get me!

Comment

Welcome to the matrix, or shall I say NWO.

No this is not a joke.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

What amazes me is the outrage that the creators of these videos seem to express... yet what do they do? They make videos to share their "information" on the internet.

True? Maybe. Who knows. Do I care? Not really. Am I going to stop it? Not with a video on youtube. People seem to think that the government will do things that they can't control. If you have a problem, revolt. Don't bitch. We have the right to revolt (constitutional or not... it is our HUMAN right to overthrow leaders that we do not approve of).

This kind of stuff irritates me. Conspiracy theories, scare propaganda, or even well-researched truth... Shut the fuck up and do something about it if you have that much of a problem! You don't lead by suggesting... you lead by doing, and having others follow. All these videos are doing is spawning useless conversations like this one.

Comment

Martial law has been provided for long before Bush was even born. Here we go with the anti-Bush BULLSHIT again.

The average person that accuses him of shit is so fucking stupid, they should be in a padded room.

If you want to know about everything that has been enacted, signed, legislated etc. You need to go to the Library of Congress. They keep records of EVERYTHING.

And do yourself a favor and stop believing everything you read on the internet. It makes you dumber if you do.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            What amazes me is the outrage that the creators of these videos seem to express... yet what do they do? They make videos to share their "information" on the internet.

True? Maybe. Who knows. Do I care? Not really. Am I going to stop it? Not with a video on youtube. People seem to think that the government will do things that they can't control. If you have a problem, revolt. Don't bitch. We have the right to revolt (constitutional or not... it is our HUMAN right to overthrow leaders that we do not approve of).

This kind of stuff irritates me. Conspiracy theories, scare propaganda, or even well-researched truth... Shut the fuck up and do something about it if you have that much of a problem! You don't lead by suggesting... you lead by doing, and having others follow. All these videos are doing is spawning useless conversations like this one.

How is it that you find this useless, just because you don't care what direction this country is headed or the future of our children doesn't mean others want to educate themselves.

Comment

[QUOTE=owequitit]Martial law has been provided for long before Bush was even born. Here we go with the anti-Bush BULLSHIT again.

Oh yes just like the patriot act was passed all with one swoop by congress,the senate & and bush

Comment

Douche.

That is all.

Edit: ****.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se
                  How is it that you find this useless, just because you don't care what direction this country is headed or the future of our children doesn't mean others want to educate themselves.
                  "educate" is a relative term. Propaganda is education.
                  I find this useless because many of the claims are unfounded. Many of the threats are mere opinion.

I agree that people should educate themselves, as well as their children. However, viral videos on the internet, that skim through the data to provide convenient facts, are not an education. One-sided arguments are not an education.

Originally posted by yeamans17
                  While I agree that if you truly believe in a cause you should stand up, but thats exactly what people are doing by making videos and posting them online. Not every form of resistance is a big public display. Plus its the internet if you don't like it, don't watch it.

I'm just playing devils advocate but this is by far the dumbest post I've ever seen you make Mike.

I do believe someone once said that not everything on the internet is true, so as with everything in life you need pick and choose what you believe.
                  Dumbest? I don't think so. Probably the most forward I've posted in a very long time, yes... but I wouldn't say dumbest.

Look at it this way. I grew up with a best friend that I watched become an animal rights activist. We began to lose touch when his mom kicked him out of the house for having FBI agents knocking on the door, weapons drawn. They thought he was behind some major ALF activity (he wasn't... but that's beside the point). My friend DID get up and fight. He fought his battles hard... but not always smart.

I equate that to this type of thing. It's propaganda. Any intelligent person should see this and say "wait a minute... I don't know anything about this... I can't believe this yet"... however, the weak-minded individuals see it and freak out. They start regurgitating the "truths" they hear, and they form a "movement". They consider themselves "activists" because they spread this internet propaganda. What does it do? Nothing.

If you want change, you gather your information carefully. You present it in a formal matter (youtube is NOT a viable option here). You present your argument from every possible angle, until it is so convincing that there's no talking around it. Then you attack. You go through the system as it's meant to be used to bring about change. If that doesn't work, you take down the system. Again, youtube is NOT going to do this for you. Some pretentious philosophy-school dropout with video editing software, a creepy narrating voice, and "Loose Change" burned on DVD is not someone that should mold your political opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Of course, if we get invaded... there's no way in hell I'm waiting for ANYONE's command. I'm arming myself and taking out as many as I can before they get me!
                    x2. Invasion or not. Martial Law or not. Once the Pres declares and attack and proceeds to lock himself in a bunker, its on!

It may sound stupid or scared or whatever, but when there's no police force or anyone to protect, you gotta set-up and hunker down. Sure you cant live like that forever, but you keep it tight, watch your back, keep your supplies gathered, gun cocked and food in your mouth.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

This has nothing to do with youtube.If fox news has an investigator find that a cook at a nearby chili's pisses in customers coronas you would be the first to believe it.

Why? because he is an investigator, or maybe he's trying to look good for his next promotion.

Comment

I'd believe it because I worked at a restaurant

But no, I don't believe everything I hear without verifying it myself. I also don't get uptight about something that isn't going to affect my life all that much.

If my life would be more upset by trying to change something than it would be by letting it happen, I don't care to bother changing it. If there IS something I want to change, I'm not going to make that decision based on propaganda of any sort. I'm going to learn everything I can on my own, through numerous sources. Then I'm going to do what it takes to bring about that change... not whine on the internet about it. If it means taking up arms and eliminating the current system, I would do that.

I've been preached at by one too many internet conspiracy theorists (and yes... that's all these things are... conspiracy theory... underinformed propaganda wrapped up in a threatening little package). It doesn't affect me. I could care less what some douche has to say about our government. The sad thing is that THEY believe their drivel, as much as the ones who listen to it... and there's no arguing.

Comment

The phrase "conspiracy theory" has a very negative feel to it in this modern day. Why?

Everything is a theory until proven wrong and conspiricy merely refers to the collaboration of many.

5 comical :P

6: Mitt Romney on NAU

Last edited by lokuputha; 02-19-2008, 12:40 AM.
                          DEVOTE

Comment

Because the idea of a "conspiracy theory" is that the faceless government is doing something behind our backs... Which is undoubtedly true... but who cares?

The biggest problem I have with this crap is that the theory is presented as fact. It's one-sided, it's rarely thoroughly researched, and it very infrequently points to anything specific. Even the things that ARE well researched are done so in a very uni-directional manner. If you can try to DISPROVE your theory and fail, it's strong. Most people just seek to support their theories, however.

I'm not saying that the NAU isn't going to happen. There were certainly some viable sources shown on that video... however, what's the basis behind it? What will it bring? A "World Government"? Or simply more open borders? Is that a bad thing? Don't we already have sort of a "World Government" with the UN? They already make decisions regarding world policy...

Europe is merging. And it's a horrible thing. Europe is in flames! Or not... the Euro is strong, European products are gaining a strong market, business is growing rapidly throughout the continent. That's horrible. We should fight it an maintain our fantastic way of life! America isn't the golden land anymore. Our money is getting weaker. Our king of the hill days are drawing to a close. We ARE becoming a part of the world, rather than sitting confidently atop it.

Ironically enough, my responses are the very thing that I'm arguing against!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              Martial law has been provided for long before Bush was even born. Here we go with the anti-Bush BULLSHIT again.

The average person that accuses him of shit is so fucking stupid, they should be in a padded room.

If you want to know about everything that has been enacted, signed, legislated etc. You need to go to the Library of Congress. They keep records of EVERYTHING.

And do yourself a favor and stop believing everything you read on the internet. It makes you dumber if you do.
                              Stressed much lately?

I've noticed an increase of swear words in your posts lately.

I'm worried.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X