• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc

Matt...."Deev Bigalow"

and it says "from the producers of Big Daddy"

"Big Daddy Deev"
    You know it!

Comment

how about one of those auto stores by your house? I have no clue how much pepboys would pay you, but it would be worth a try.

By the way, that pic of deev was pretty funny

Comment

I haven't tried those yet... but I'm about to! It seems that the lower level management doesn't make much there, so I might not be able to get what I want.

For reference, for a 40 hour workweek, if I want 35k a year, I need to make about $17 an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by King James
          I dunno if its really an easy option where you are but try getting a job working for a railway...I recently got a job working for CN and for training im making 800 a week...then once Im a fully qualified conductor (3 months) ill be making 1500+ a week...if i work alot of overtime I can easily make 100000K a year

If the railways down there are in anyway similar to the way Canadas are most of the current employees are gonna be retiring in the next 5 years...With CN about 50% of the current employees are gonna be retiring...so Im probably gonna be in management by the time im 25.

Im sure with your degrees and education you can get a really good paying job right off the bat.
          Dude. Hook me the fuck up.

And hey Deev. COME TO CANADA. I mean. Come to the dark side, eh? How 'bout dat heathcare? EH?

Comment

Healthcare, skylines, and hockey... But then I'd have to live around Canadians!

Comment

god forbid us canadians!!! we have better women, and thats all that really matters
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I hate to be a pisser, but I honestly wouldn't expect to walk right into any management position for a large company. A smaller one, maybe, but not a larger one.

It might be a short ascendency, but most likely you will have to spend some time at the bottom.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

If Ron jeremy can do it you can too.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

^^ Statement of the year

Hows that thing with BB&B coming?

Are you looking for a job on the side or a serious main job? What happened to delivering pizzas?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      I hate to be a pisser, but I honestly wouldn't expect to walk right into any management position for a large company. A smaller one, maybe, but not a larger one.

It might be a short ascendency, but most likely you will have to spend some time at the bottom.
                      yea, know the roots prior to ordering people around.

we had a huge problem with that at starbucks, people getting promotoed too quickly when they didnt even know how to make half the drinks so there was conflicts in beverage preparation and the such.

general retail management though can be frustrating at times...i feel like you need a trust worthy crew because you want to be managing them but trust their work enough so you wont have to be doing their job.

seriously though, try and jump into a management position. if you can put up with my shit on cb7t deev, im sure you can handle a lot more because im a smart ass. management hates smart asses.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit

Yeah, most places do hire from within. Not all, though... And most places (such as Walgreens) just require A college degree... nothing specific. That's why I'm looking at retail. My degree is pretty worthless as-is, but when the subject doesn't matter, and the fact that it's a degree is anyone cares about... it qualifies me
                        I'm only looking for low-level management. I know I can't waltz into a store or district management position... but a department manager, assistant manager, etc... I think I can do that. Especially for a quickly growing company that CAN'T hire entirely from within!

I know it won't be easy, though. That's why I'm asking for ideas on here, actually. I want to focus my efforts on companies with lower-level management positions that will pay what I need, and that are run well. So far, the few that I have applied to will meet those needs. Seeing as it'll be difficult to get in starting as management, I want to ensure that I apply to as many good companies as possible. Someone will hire me!
                        Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                        ^^ Statement of the year

Hows that thing with BB&B coming?

Are you looking for a job on the side or a serious main job? What happened to delivering pizzas?
                        BB&B is still out there. They're definitely one of my top choices, as they're growing very quickly in this area. They're run well, they pay well, and the opportunity for promotion is there. I applied late last week, so I'm not counting them out.

Home Depot and Walgreens aren't really looking for anyone at the moment, so I don't expect to hear anything about those applications right away.

I'm completing my Wawa app today. They already have my resume, but I'm applying directly for an Assistant General Manager position (I have a friend that's in that position, so I know roughly what I can make It's enough) Wawa is 24 hour convenience/fuel... but I really do like the company. We shall see!
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        yea, know the roots prior to ordering people around.

we had a huge problem with that at starbucks, people getting promotoed too quickly when they didnt even know how to make half the drinks so there was conflicts in beverage preparation and the such.

general retail management though can be frustrating at times...i feel like you need a trust worthy crew because you want to be managing them but trust their work enough so you wont have to be doing their job.

seriously though, try and jump into a management position. if you can put up with my shit on cb7t deev, im sure you can handle a lot more because im a smart ass. management hates smart asses.
                        You're one of the better ones!
                        But yeah, I've done retail management before... long ago... but I did it. At 19, I was actually damn good at it. I'm the type of leader that usually takes charge because something needs to get done, not because I want to be in charge. In that sort of situation, that works well.

Your Starbucks example is exactly what I DON'T want to walk into! To me, that would be a poorly run company. If I get a position where I'm not properly prepared by the company to do my job, then I don't belong there. They're wrong for putting me there, and wrong for not making sure I know how to do my job. Of course, part of that depends on me... but I'll do whatever it takes to ensure that I can do the job! The companies I've applied to, and the ones that I'm asking for with this thread, are the companies that I feel WILL prepare me.

Comment

Deev, you can try a rental car company like Enterprise if they are in your area or really any of the larger Rental car companies. They are always looking for management and given your automotive background(car enthusiast site owner), they would love to have you.
                          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                          ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
                            Deev, you can try a rental car company like Enterprise if they are in your area or really any of the larger Rental car companies. They are always looking for management and given your automotive background(car enthusiast site owner), they would love to have you.
                            That's a very good idea, thanks Joe! They always do seem to be hiring... at least last I looked on Monster.com... I'll have to check. I wonder if they'll pay enough.

Comment

rental cars would be good, probably better if there is a local hq though.

what about insurance? my ex just came out of college and was started at 45k with state farm. i dont know exactly what she does, i think she is in claims or something.

do you have computer knowledge/drafting, you could do architecture/drafting, they usually start off at 18/19 an hour.

you could try sears, and get the mad discounts on craftsman tools....

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

When I was considering Enterprise in 2005, the mgmt trainee program started in the mid $30s but that's in the DC metro area. However, ymmv
                                "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                                "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                                ><((((º>

Comment

Working...
                                X