h22sparkle and his SRT-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22sparkle and his SRT-4

Ok, time to just bring this out in the open...

h22sparkle posted some videos of an Evo that wasn't his. Mistake. He got flamed to hell for it, and it's in the past.
    h22sparkle posted some videos of an SRT-4 that also wasn't his... and again, called out and flamed for it. Done.

Ok, it's in the past. We're over it, right? Right. We are.

He actually DOES have an SRT-4. I've seen it. Others have seen it. He likes it. Ok. Got it.
    He also decided it'd be a good idea to act rather superior about his new SRT-4. It's more powerful, has more potential, it's newer, more reliable... blah blah blah. Ok, he's proud of it. Ok, it offended a few of us. Understood.

Now, fast forward to today.
    Mike (sparkle) and I have had a talk. We agreed that he is welcome to post on this forum, as long as he doesn't put down our cars, tell people that they should get SRT-4s, and get out of the "stupid Honda game", or brag incessantly. To this point, he has kept that bargain. There have been a few times where other members have attacked him, and MOST of those times he's been civil about it... reporting the posts to me instead of attacking back. I can respect that, as he's respecting my requests. Sometimes things have gotten out of hand, but with numerous people jumping on the "hate sparkle" bandwagon, I can't say I don't understand somewhat. In those times, I've chosen not to ban anyone involved, and simply lock the thread after saying my bit.

Well, it's gone on for too long. Sparkle is my friend, and has come through for me a number of times when I needed him. Yes, that's a personal bias, and quite possibly one of the reasons why I've put up with so much crap on this board regarding him. However, he has, in my eyes, made a visible effort to respect my wishes, and I appreciate that. Saying that he likes his car, or talking about what he wants to do to his car, is more than welcome here... as long as it isn't derogatory in any way to our cars.

So, I ask the rest of the members here to show me a similar respect. Do not start shit with h22sparkle because he drives an SRT-4. If you feel he said something out of line, PM me and I'll take care of it. Otherwise, any flaming will get a 3 day ban.

If you think I'm being unfair, and that I have no right to ask you to respect one of the other members here... then please... give me your PayPal address. I will gladly put it in place of my address on the monthly hosting bills.

(short story: don't flame sparkle... or I'll ban you for 3 days, no questions asked. If he starts it, contact me FIRST and I'll take care of it. Mike, if you start it, you're getting a week or more.)

**** much.

I still think he should find a nice SRT-4 forum to play on though. It can ONLY cause trouble by him bragging about his SRT-4 being so much better than your all's accords. NOTHiNG good can come from it.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

When I make a thread, I don't lock them. I ban the people that would cause it to be locked

This is a request for respect. Not to h22sparkle, but to me. If you don't like the guy, ignore him. If you don't like me... leave. Ignoring me is not an option. I don't think I do a bad job, and I don't think asking for people to respect each other is unreasonable.

And yes, I agree that bragging is bad. As you can see, I've asked him not to do that. He's perfectly welcome to be proud of his car. As a longtime member here, I'm glad to hear about his plans... just as I like hearing about AccordWarrior's STi, Accord R33's GSR, 203cree's Lightning, and the BMW that is bound to end up in Gemini's possession. Or even your Sebring/Dakota, Landon...
      Saying "I love my car for these reasons" is not really bragging. Not in a bad way, anyway. Saying "I love my car. You should get rid of that shitbox CB7 and get a REAL car like my SRT-4" is what I discourage... THAT is not welcome here... and I have made it clear to him. He hasn't done that, at least not unprovoked, for quite some time... unless I've missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        When I make a thread, I don't lock them. I ban the people that would cause it to be locked

This is a request for respect. Not to h22sparkle, but to me. If you don't like the guy, ignore him. If you don't like me... leave. Ignoring me is not an option. I don't think I do a bad job, and I don't think asking for people to respect each other is unreasonable.

Nah man, No one's saying you do a bad job. I guess all I'm trying to say is that I don't see things changing... None the less, I will do my part of just not getting worked up. I'm sure the rest of CB7tuner can do the same.
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
          **** much.

I still think he should find a nice SRT-4 forum to play on though. It can ONLY cause trouble by him bragging about his SRT-4 being so much better than your all's accords. NOTHiNG good can come from it.

I don't really flame. Well, not much, i think... I don't do it intentionally.. But, just having him here, if he's not going to be talking about the CB's, he going to have to be gloating about the SRT-4, or at least talking about it, which i think, will aggravate a handful of tuners.

just my .02...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
            I don't really flame. Well, not much, i think... I don't do it intentionally.. But, just having him here, if he's not going to be talking about the CB's, he going to have to be gloating about the SRT-4, or at least talking about it, which i think, will aggravate a handful of tuners.

just my .02...
            Danny, I can't remember you even having a CB7! When you talk cars, you talk about your Supra. Yeah, you don't gloat... but still...

I've asked him to stop the gloating. The negative comparisons. The putdowns. I haven't seen those things in a while.

Comment

I have flamed in the past, but recently, ive kept my mouth shut whenever him or anyone else started some stupid shit like this.

The only thing that bothers me, as well as every other poster, is why do people post stuff about cars in Off-topic? We have a other automotive section for that. WHen i click on off-topic, i dont feel like seeing car crap about a different car.

ALso deev, just a suggestion, i dont know if sparkle has done it yet, but why, just like many others of us, dosent he just make like a MR in the other-automotive section where he can post updates on his car? I mean i dont make a thread in off-topic saying that im gonna get my 240 some stace coilovers once i get the money for them, i put that in my 240 thread in other automotive.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I think some of the older members here will respect your warning, but I also foresee some newer members who dont know sparkle to disrespect him as soon as he mentions his car no matter what the context is because for some reason a lot of people dont like those cars and more so if they dont see this warning
                Last edited by mozzandherb; 02-26-2008, 03:25 AM.

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i had made a simple comment to him before about him braggin about his SRT-4 up here and all it was gonna do is lead to crap starting. i PM'ed him about it instead of posting it so i can be the mature person i am. but all i got was some negative response calling me a homosexual in a deragatory way. so i just put him on my block list.

its that simple people. you dont like him, put him on your block/ignore list. thats what its there for. you do that and you wont see his post or threads. be mature.

Comment

I'll repsect your wishes. I try not to get on him unless he act like a choad, which he is good at sometimes. But, your board, your rules, you lead I'll follow.

- Rob -
                    92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                    85 Toyota 4Runner
                    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                    2008 HD 1200N
                    2009 HD 883N

Comment

I just got tired lol and didnt care. Honestly lol I have found some others to be more annoying and kinda retarded recently on the board. Plus people that cant accept that Honda's arent the ultimate cars out there. I have more fun with those people. But still deev you gotta take that job proposal man whore. It works and pays well lol.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I wish they made stage "x" bolt on kits like they do for srt4's for us. Thats usualy why people flame him. We just have to do alot more work researching and stuff. When somebody can get twice the numbers for a quarter of the work but twice the cash it makes people jealous/upset.

Comment

This is why i don't post much about my Firebird....

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
                          ----
                          02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                          92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Danny, I can't remember you even having a CB7! When you talk cars, you talk about your Supra. Yeah, you don't gloat... but still...

I've asked him to stop the gloating. The negative comparisons. The putdowns. I haven't seen those things in a while.
                            c'mon deev. you remember my seattle silver CB. With APC 9.5 plug wires, and steelies.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

when i get banned, i go back to the machine shop and hide in the corner and cry myself to sleep. i then wake up in the morning, walk across the street for a cup of coffee and start machining things. i machine things that represent a cb7 until my ban is up.

i run back home (3 miles) and log on to cb7tuner and see what posts i have missed.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X