Ps4 or Xbox 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps4 or Xbox 1

PlayStation and Xbox have bought announced their new consoles to be released as of December 31st of this year. Which one will you choose and if you want explain why!

Me personally I choose PlayStation. As we all know PlayStation network is free to access as long as you have internet connection, with Xbox you must pay for Xbox live.

New twist to the Xbox that will make many users run to the PlayStation.
    1) User must have internet access to be able to play games. Without Xbox live games won't be playable.
    2) All games must be registered online through Xbox live and can ONLY BE ACCESSED BY ONE OWNER. That is unless you take it or send it to a Microsoft technician to be "refurbished"
    3) Not new but paying for Xbox live.... .Sux a**.

YOUR thoughts or input?
    Ps4
    84.75%
    Xbox 1
    15.25%
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

im gonna go with ps4.

i would not be supprised if this puts microsoft out of business. windoes 8 sucks ass and so will the new xbox. what else does microsoft have?

steve balmer is also a crazy mofo to
    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
      im gonna go with ps4.

i would not be supprised if this puts microsoft out of business. windoes 8 sucks ass and so will the new xbox. what else does microsoft have?

steve balmer is also a crazy mofo to
      It's amazing how Microsoft is trying to control the consumer. You have to have this, you can't do that! Crazy stuff
      I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

I've been stuck on youtube for 2 nights now watching E3 and reviewer vids... no contest PS4.

Microsoft has abandoned it's core gamers in favour of creating an everything box to compete against smart TV's and cable service providers. Epic fail.

PS4:

- Has a slight edge in graphics hardware, probably won't make much of a difference at launch but might make a big difference near the end of the consoles life span when developers really ring out it's capabilities with massive games.

- When you buy a game you still own the game, you can resell it as it can be installed on other consoles without any issues, lend it to a friend, play it offline in single player mode.

- While it's a bit unclear, the new PSN might be a paid thing just like xbox live, but if so should improve and turn into something like xbox live which has been a lot better than Sony's free PSN. So has good and bad.

- Game focused platform

$399

Xbox One

- Has to be always connected to the internet or it will not be able to play games after 24hours (1 hour in some cases). No internet connection, you can only watch cable tv through it, even in single player mode (no offline)

- Has a new Kinect system that watches you in 1080p with a microphone to listen to voice commands (or arguably conversation) at all times even when the system is shut off. Microsoft says it will only listen to the command to turn on the xbox to full power by voice command but most people know Microsoft has a loooong history of backdoor eavesdropping.
        Kinect also has the capability of seeing what ads you pay attention to by looking at your eye movements and mining this as marketing data. It can even tell your pulse rate (creepy). Xbox One is not for the bedroom.

- You will never "own" a video game purchase, rather you lease it off the publishers and can only sell/trade/lend your game to another person if they are willing to pay for an activation fee, which may or may not be the price of buying the game new all over again. Microsoft has washed there hands of the details saying it is up the game publisher. When the Xbox One outlives it's product cycle you will never be able to play these games again unless microsoft supports it forever via online check ins (I'm sure it will be turned off after 10 years). There will never be a working vintage Xbox One in the future like an old NES or Atari.

- Cable TV focused platform

$499
        Last edited by Ispintechno; 06-13-2013, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Neither i enjoy me ps3
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Ispintechno View Post
            - Has a new Kinect system that watches you in 1080p with a microphone to listen to voice commands (or arguably conversation) at all times even when the system is shut off. Microsoft says it will only listen to the command to turn on the xbox to full power by voice command but most people know Microsoft has a loooong history of backdoor eavesdropping.
            Kinect also has the capability of seeing what ads you pay attention to by looking at your eye movements and mining this as marketing data. It can even tell your pulse rate (creepy). Xbox One is not for the bedroom.
            my girl and I would do some wicked freaky sex stuff illegal in the lower 48 states just to freak them out. that will teach em
            visit vgruk

Comment

PS4 hands down, I had planned on purchasing a new xbox after buying a PS4 but when I herd about the used games fiasco that locked up the brakes right then and there, and the fact that the console has to check in every day or it becomes a tv box, all my friends are abandoning xbox this time around for these very reasons, overall right out the gate its going to cost $110 less for a PS4 then a xbox, because PS+ is $50 a year vs $60 for XBL.

I am also keeping my PS3 for the time being just for GT6, and Lightning Returns, but once GT becomes a download on PSN the PS3 will move to its new home next to my PS2, and Playstation.
              Last edited by almostJDM; 06-13-2013, 06:00 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

So far one of my buddies has prepaid for a PS4 but I'm leaning on towards skipping both and building up another PC.

Comment

NSFW Strong Language!

Last edited by Lynx; 06-13-2013, 08:56 AM.
                  My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

You guys pretty much summed it up already for me too.

Im not crazy about all the "extra" stuff the xbox does, and honestly I think its bullshit that you have to do all this crap OR ELSE you xbox becomes a paper weight.

I'm sure there will be some sort of reactivation fee or whatever, and they will bend you over to "recover" your stuff that was never lost. Who knows, Im not digging it though.

Sony or bust I suppose. I've always been a fan of xbox stuff, but, this whole controversy over the requirements to use YOUR OWN STUFF has me feeling like no thanks.

What about people like me that constantly travel yanno? I'm might play xbox 5/7 nights one week, and then not touch a single video game for a month.

Just doesnt sound like my lifestyle pairs up well with their requirements to use their multi-box. Plus, me and the wife do it in the living room all the time so cameras in there is just no beuno.

Kind of creepy when you think that cable companies are already fighting about whether or not they can monitor you through your cable box just the same. I might be ditching cable in the near future if they actually start doing this. They already monitor the shows you watch and recommend shows they think you will like, because they know what you watch. I have thought that shit was creepy all along. Now my xbox wants to watch me too?

WTF?
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I am guessing that you don't actually have to turn on the xbox for it to check, also if you don't check in then nothing happens from what I read is you just cant play games, but the next time the system checks in you can again, I hope that is the case for the gamer's that are going to buy the system despite the fact, but if its not then yeah I have a feeling M$ is going to lose a lot of money in lawsuits if you have to pay to reactivate your system if it fails to check in.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                      1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

i've always been a playstation fan, 1) because of the reliability of the console and 2) because all in all its a better system.

looking at the changes microsoft made with the new console true xBox'rs are probably going to start seeing that xBox really isnt that good lol.

note: i'm not a gamer, but i just know a bit about the 2 systems to get me by lol

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                        Neither i enjoy me ps3
                        lol, i agree
                        FRIENDS
                        DONT LET
                        FRIENDS
                        ROLL ON
                        ROTA'S

Comment

This is my first time hearing of this, but I guess with my busy lifestyle I don't care as much about gaming anymore. If this is the case though I guess I will just have to keep my 360 ticking for another 5-7 years. Or when it comes out I'll just get the updated 360 and enjoy that. As long as XBOX One and 360 use the same LIVE server, I could care less.
                          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Ps3 for now.

I just don't have the extra cash.

Never been a fan of xbox, they never had any game good enough that was xbox specific to make me abandon Ps.

Now with all this bs LOL, def staying ps.

I can't wait to see all the people discover how much better PS really is once they make the switch.

Comment

PS4 because Gran Turismo Six.
                              Xbox feels like they are trying to spy on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X