Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for iOS (iPhone 5s) RPG/Adventure games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for iOS (iPhone 5s) RPG/Adventure games?

I'm in the middle of playing Final Fantasy VI (one of my all-time favorites... played the hell out of the SNES version of that as a kid!), and I'm considering downloading Lunar: Silver Star Story (another game I played the hell out of, when it was reissued for Playstation.) I got most of the way through Shining Force (loved the 2nd one on Genesis) before I hit a glitch that stopped me dead in my tracks toward the end... still, I like that game.
    The older Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Final Fantasy Tactics will probably find their way onto my phone eventually as well.

These are my favorite types of games... the old 16 bit turn-based RPG types. I also enjoy the 8-16 bit Legend of Zelda style adventure games.

So far, I haven't found any games that have really blown me away for iOS. I have Zenonia 1-4 (only played through about 80% of 1 and 2, haven't finished either...) They get repetitive, though, and there's just something about Korean games that just don't feel right to me! Zenonia has come the closest to getting the Zelda style game right, IMO.
    I've also tried Symphony of Eternity, which was great for a while... and then I just kinda forgot to play it.

Still, I can't find anything that even comes close to the quality and depth of the old games.

I tried Chaos Rings, but it didn't hold my attention for very long. It's like Final Fantasy VII without everything that made that game great!

Anyway, any suggestions would be welcome. There are so many games out there that I don't know what to pick! I've looked up a few reviews, and some games sound really cool... then I look at screenshots or read reviews on iTunes and decide not to waste my money.

Working...
X