No announcement yet.

Macaqueistrong Project Prelude BA8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a video of one of my 1/4 mile runs.

http://youtu.be/aWOOM_aMf7I

Comment

great work! REally nice build.
      My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Nice launch! I can see that MFactory LSD going to work for you. I can't wait to run with mine!

I think I misunderstood your motorsport interests when first posted, sorry about that. I am obviously a drag freak, even though my car is probably better equipped for the mountain roads and road racing.

Looks like a solid compression boost N/A build. Are you going to stick with OEM valve retainers and keepers?
        Last edited by af_1132; 01-15-2015, 04:42 PM.
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I love the Pacific Northwest and most people don't realize how beautiful Eastern Oregon really is, I took a drive today about an hour east of my home address and this is the scenery I enjoy.

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous country. It surprised me how different Oregon looked than what I pictured in my head previous to going there.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Beautiful pictures.
              This is a wonderful build, really jealous of the car to be honest.
              I am really surprised you stuck with the F22A, though i like that you did.

RIP my last two CB7s.
              New rides:
              '82 Volvo 245 drift project
              '87 Volvo 244 daily
              Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Thanks! @ TheFunk

I installed a Buddy Club Racing Spec harness over the weekend.

Comment

No salt on the roads there?

Comment

Yeah but the melting snow washed away most of it, along with the red gravel. That and these are back roads that are rarely used so ODOT doesn't really service them.

Comment

I have to say along with Ronald Type R's old Prelude this is an awesome build.

Definitely cool to see you stuck with the single cam as well.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                        I have to say along with Ronald Type R's old Prelude this is an awesome build.

Definitely cool to see you stuck with the single cam as well.
                        Thank you!

I actually have some of Ronalds old parts on my Prelude, his car definitely influenced mine.

Comment

Picked up a used set of Direzza ZII Starspec's for $200 on craigslist!

Running a 225/45R17 up front and a 215/45R17 in the rear, offset size because my current 225/45's rub in the rear on hard cornering so the smaller diameter should keep that from happening.

Comment

I love the hell out of Preludes. Very beautifully done!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

A few photos and update:

Soooo basically I redid the front steering and suspension, new tie rods, ball joints, sway bar bushings, end links and etc. Installed a rear spoiler to help with high speed cornering and fight lift off oversteer. Also put the ZII's on and got a fresh alignment. Took it out for a weekend of street testing, and ultimately crashed into the side of a mountain.

It drove so perfectly and felt so good, but I was one a less than ideal road that was paved with what seemed to be river rock making it very slick and well came around right hand corner, rear end slid out, I powered out of it but the tire grip caught so hard that it threw the front end direction to the left and I ultimately nose dove into the side of a mountain facing the direction I came up.

Just some core support and bumper damage but......... in the end I made the decision to part the prelude out and pursue a street build with a different chassis rather than repairing and retaining a track car that I push on public roads.

Comment

Sad to see it go. Hope you share your next build with us as well.

The white car in the pic? 90's Sentra?

Comment

Working...
                                X