Acura Vigor EGR and O2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura Vigor EGR and O2 sensor

Hi all, since yahoo got rid of groups I have no home for my Vigor questions anymore. So im posting here.

My 92 vigor is causing me all kinds of problems. Mainly it has absolutely no low end power once the engine gets up to temp. But if i put my foot down hard it downshifts and has all its power again. Its throwing codes for the o2 sensor and EGR. I've cleaned the EGR and it made no real difference. I have a new one on the way.

Does anybody have any ideas of why my car is doing this?
    Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Did you only clean the EGR valve? What about the passages in the intake manifold? What have you done about the O2 code?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Hi fleetw00d, been a while. I only cleaned the EGR. Because of how the engine is mounted its hard to do much cleaning inside the intake where the EGR is mounted.

Do you think it would be safe to spray a ton of carb cleaner into the intake manifold where the EGR sits?

I get paid tomorrow so ill be buying a new o2 sensor tomorrow.

Have you ever had this kind of issue before?

Comment

Heading to go pick up a new o2 sensor now. Any recommendations on how to make it easier to remove? It's been about 8 years since i did one.

Comment

Use proper tools. Helps if the O2 is hot (do after car is running) for taking it out. And don't brake the clip

Good luck!

Comment

Sorry for the delay in updates. I got the flu and had to quarantine myself.

Anyways, I replaced the EGR with a known good one and did the O2 sensor. I did it while the car was hot and it was much easier than i expected.

I still get a CEL for the EGR system. I know the EGR uses vacuum pressure to engage. How do i test to make sure it is getting the proper vacuum pressure?

Comment

Not sure I'm helping here but... my friend Tyson has a '94 Vigor right now on Bring-A-Trailer with a manual:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-acura-vigor/

It ends in about 7 hours and it's in " like new condition!
              Last edited by hiptech; 07-17-2020, 07:05 AM.
              My Collection:
              93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
              00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
              04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
              X