Maxima Or Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxima Or Accord

I am at a point of either selling my accord or keeping it. If i sell it I am going to get a 94 maxima that is already in my yard.

When I look at it the maxima is better in every sense than the accord. No flaming intended.
    Pros of the maxima:
    Bigger inside
    smoother ride
    engine is smoother
    bose stereo

Cons:
    Bigger engine=more gas

The only con i can think of with the maxima is the gas. But how my accord is running right now i think a 3L V6 would burn less gas. The accord burns alot of gas for some reason. And it burns oil because of worn piston rings.

Now what do u guys think about this situation....I want to stay with the accord and all but isnt the maxima a better car?
    state some opinions and facts.

Originally posted by bruno8747
    I am at a point of either selling my accord or keeping it. If i sell it I am going to get a 94 maxima that is already in my yard.

When I look at it the maxima is better in every sense than the accord. No flaming intended.
    Pros of the maxima:
    Bigger inside
    smoother ride
    engine is smoother
    bose stereo

Cons:
    Bigger engine=more gas

The only con i can think of with the maxima is the gas. But how my accord is running right now i think a 3L V6 would burn less gas. The accord burns alot of gas for some reason. And it burns oil because of worn piston rings.

Now what do u guys think about this situation....I want to stay with the accord and all but isnt the maxima a better car?
    hondas are more reliable if taken care of properly...my bro-in-law had lots of mechanical trouble with his last maxima...although his '03 will move at speed...my lord...wanna go from 60-120 in a hurry...just mash the throttle...(slushbox..meh..i still wouldnt mind pimpin it...)

Comment

My dad had a couple maxima's of the same gen before and they never gave any problems. I think the engine that gives the problems is the VE30 which comes on the SE. I have the VG30 and its more reliable.
      Maxima Reliability rating
      Accord Relaibility rating
      Accoring to those reviews they come out about the same though

Comment

I have a 90 and its a piece of shit. Dont buy Nissans'. Ive had a 240SX and it was junk as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
          why do toyota and nissan outsell honda in the rest of the world

honda is a distant 3rd in japan as far as annual sells go..........
          Alright, I take that back. Early 90s Nissan's are junk. At least with my experence.

Comment

I think i just noticed that, Toyota be killing it in other countries...
            The little Corolla be selling like hot cakes...

Comment

but it seems like honda has the most aftermarket support? or at least it does to me

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
                but it seems like honda has the most aftermarket support? or at least it does to me
                Yeah, Civics or should i say Hondas are prefered when it comes to Tuning.
                Its the most popular for some reason

But yeah, Toyota and Nissan have a grown man appeal that other people i guess like.
                They probbably consider Hondas to be performance oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                  ...They probbably consider Hondas to be performance oriented.
                  Thats a load of . No offense Jak. Then again you are prolly right.

That quote just made me imagine some car enthusiast saying, "My Civic Hybrid will outrun your Toyota Supra any day of the week". Or "When my electric motor kicks in with my Vtec-E, its like a 200 shot of Naws." I know its totally unrelated, but this is what I thought of at 3:30 in the morning.
                  Last edited by KillerCam282; 12-15-2005, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747

Pros of the maxima:
                    Bigger inside
                    smoother ride
                    engine is smoother
                    bose stereo

Cons:
                    Bigger engine=more gas

In all honesty, if the maxima was a 95-up, I would take the maxima any day over the accord, i've had two, and they were waaaay muchbetter than the cb7......its quite an upgrade if you ask me.....but I know that the 94-under years had their share of problems....

In your case, I would take the accord over the nissan...
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

i had a 95 se.....great cars and run low 15's stock........with intake and exhaust you're faster than the average h22a accord.......i liked mine though, and my bro has a 2000 that has been a great car even though he puts 87 octane in it and treats it like shit
                      I had one too. Fast cars indeed...I walked on the V8 Taurus SHO and numerous other cars bone stock. I'm looking to get a 98-99 next year...

Def. go with the Maxima...it's consistently better than Accords of the same year and you can easily get one fully loaded. Plus they have crazy aftermarket support- 200whp is doable with bolt ons...good luck...

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Part of the reason that they outsell honda is because Toyota and Nissan sell to fleets. How often do you see a Honda as a car you can choose to rent or see fleets driving a Honda? Usually it is a Toyota or a Nissan in the typical "rent a car white" color.
                        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Nissans are okay toyota is alot of hype but they seem to do better in Japan than in the U.S. If you want to be different pick a nissan they are comming up over the civics i can tell you that and dont park a 1986 trueno on the street in mint condition no panda color scheme with black rims and lowered with tint with a little hello kitty on the back it will get stolen. Damn where did that come from All in all i wanted to be different so instead of gettin a civic I got a cb7 to be less suspect at a streetrace

Comment

If your CB7 is on it's way out, and you're not up to fixing it, then go for the Nissan. Maximas are some of my favorites. They are heavier cars, and there is quite possibly LESS in the performance market for them than for the CB7, but if you're not looking to race, it's not a bad choice at all. The Maxima definitely offers more luxury than the CB7. The only Maxima I've ever driven was a totally beat to hell 88, and even that was a nice ride!

Honestly, it's up to you. The CB7 is a great car, and a hurtin' engine is just begging for a swap If you're not up to it, or not into it anymore, then it sounds like the Max is for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                              I think i just noticed that, Toyota be killing it in other countries...
                              The little Corolla be selling like hot cakes...
                              The new Corollas i heard put out 167 or something in horsepower...

I would go for the maxima, rather then another cb. Maxima's seem like decent fast cars and could be even faster when modified. good luck with your decision
                              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X