No announcement yet.

Any Ridgeline owners in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm deaf, as I didn't find the Wranglers all that loud. My BFGs are surprisingly quite. A word to the wise, people love the Goodyear Duratracs, I found them to be terribly noisy on my friend's Xterra with the preferred Tacoma tire size (265/75-16).

Another word to the wise on the Super White. It's a single stage color and Toyota's been having some issues with it peeling off (like old GM cars). It's not widespread, but it is happening and with the sun you'll experience, it's something to keep in mind.

Keep me updated.

Comment

The Wranglers were definitely not loud. They did just have a bitt of A/T tire hum to them. Completely unobtrusive, but noticeable compared to P rated tires. I thought the overall highway ride was not only good, but pretty serene as well. Compared to some of the ~2005-2015 Hondas I drove, ANYTHING is serene on the highway. I am glad they have begun to address their road noise issues. I definitely would not complain about the ride quality or the noise in the Tacoma, and I would expect any vehicle with a relatively off-road oriented tire to have some noise associated with it.

So an update: The dealer kept trying to jerk me around on the price. Essentially, the standard play book of quoting me one price and then quoting me a lease payment much higher than that. I explained to them how they were lying, and they came back with a "new" number because the manager was "impressed" by my numbers and the price was STILL higher than what they quoted (assuming I wanted to pay their price in the first place), so I walked away from it. At the end, the price offered wasn't terrible, it is just the fact that they made me work them down to a payment that still wasn't the "real" payment. In the end, I decided that the truck will be leased, because whichever way I go, I want to be able to get out of it fairly easily in case I decide I should have picked the other one. Since they both hold their value well, I think I would end up OK in either case, if I decided to buy it out. I also have a few quality reservations in both cases (some vibration issues/paint issues on the Tacoma and the fuel injectors in the case of the Ridgeline).

After I sent off the last email telling them I knew what the price should be, I went and drove a Ridgeline RTL-E, in the color I want (Modern Steel Metallic with Black interior). Unfortunately, that put me right back where I started and I am back to going in a circle. The Ridgeline is way more comfortable, rides better, has more features, a slightly larger bed, the trunk, more rear seat space (still just barely big enough for the Graco Extend2Fit my daughter uses, but a little better than the Tacoma) and is more powerful. But it looks like a Pilot, has low ground clearance, all season tires and the sound system doesn't seem any better than the Tacomas. It might be a bit more powerful, but like typical upgraded Honda systems, it doesn't seem to have a lot of clarity and it is kind of boomy. I am not sure if you can "unlock" it like the one in my Accord (which made a HUGE difference). This was my first experience with the 9AT, and it definitely has lower gearing than the 6AT in the pilot. It's a little more consistent in its smoothness, and I suspect it might hold up a little better under abuse too.

I took it on roughly the same route I took the Tacoma and it wasn't that much different than the Taco in overall experience. It was smoother and you didn't feel the rear axle as much, and it didn't tramline quite as badly as the Tacoma, but overall they both drive really well.

Oddly, what I didn't expect was that it was very much like driving the Pilot, but just different enough that it kept tripping my up with some of the menu and infotainment features. Sort of oddly confusing. I still had the thoughts about "what if?", but man you could cruise that thing forever and be none-the-worse for the wear. Still, the "truck" experience was sort of missing and as you know, it is kind of endearing.

So who knows. I'll wait a couple of months and see if one them really burns into my memory or tugs at my heart strings. See what deals I can work after the first, maybe test drive them again and I also want to see what the 2021 Ridgeline brings with the new front end and other feature changes.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_honda_ridgeline_crew-cab-pickup_black-edition_fq_oem_2_815.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	4976776
        I would be lying if I said I have not pinned for a current Gen Black Edition Ridgeline.

I have 0 experience with Toyota, but those are solid trucks through and through.

I have been following this thread. Thanks for all the info!

I have a 2011 CRV now, and I have debated trading up, but these trucks are so expensive today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_honda_ridgeline_crew-cab-pickup_black-edition_fq_oem_2_815.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	4976776
          I would be lying if I said I have not pinned for a current Gen Black Edition Ridgeline.

I have 0 experience with Toyota, but those are solid trucks through and through.

I have been following this thread. Thanks for all the info!

I have a 2011 CRV now, and I have debated trading up, but these trucks are so expensive today.
          I am honestly holding out for the 2021 model to see what they change. I already know I like the front end on the new one better.

Been looking at towing related stuff with these two trucks lately, and even though it has a much lower tow rating, the Ridgeline seems to out tow most mid-sizes at maximum load. I know that in official material from when the truck was released, they were very clear that it would have no problem towing the rated 5,000lbs under pretty much any conditions.

I then noticed that it is SAE J2807 certified, so I wonder if that has something to do with it:

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/tow...s-the-standard
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
          X