X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated 2021 Ridgeline

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/01/14/...#slide-2289363

Good or bad?
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

It think this is a mostly good update. I cannot get onboard with the plastic fender appliqués on the HPD version. They seem like the stick on, but still has fake rivets, fender flares that I see affixed to 2000s Chevy Silverados lately.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I like that they are now trying to make it look less like a pilot with its rear end cut off, by changing the grill. Though I to me I still see a Honda Pilot. I’m curious why they didn’t incorporate the LED headlights like what my wife has in her 2020. But they did add a lot more plastic like what SSM said.

I think it’s smart they got rid of the Front wheel drive variant as a FWD pick up just doesn’t make sense to me. Though I’m sure others would like to see a RWD.

~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

https://youtu.be/7nhXVn_pnmg

Here is some "in motion" footage of a regular RTL-E version. None of the goofy plastic fender flares (which I agree are RIDICULOUS looking). Overall, I think the Pilot has been flushed out. I always liked the A-pillar back on this gen, but the front was just too much like the Pilot.

I think it looks great in this video and most of the other moving footage I have seen. It addresses my main concern, which was the nose. The updated infotainment is valuable because it needed to be updated. Unclear whether they updated it, or just added a volume knob or not.

I test drove a 2020 Ridgeline and a 2020 Tacoma because I think I am looking for a truck for my next vehicle, and the Ridgeline definitely has some advantages over other segment offerings. I was concerned about the "off-roadability" but one of my best friends had one out in the desert for a day and he said they tried to get it stuck and it was just un-phased, and they never left "normal" mode. I know the system is pretty capable in our Pilot as well.

So with the new front, I will look at this very seriously because I really liked the 2020, except the front end. I think I would consider putting a 2" lift, some skids and some slightly more aggressive AT tires (though Honda appears to have at least partly upgraded the tires to a more aggressive spec).

These scoot pretty good too, and the 9AT actually gives it a much lower 1st gear than our Pilot with the 6AT, and it is surprisingly quick.
        Last edited by owequitit; 01-19-2021, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Last edited by owequitit; 01-19-2021, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Reminds me of a cross between an F150 and a Nissan Titan.

No way I'm paying $40k for it though. But then again, I'm not paying $40k for anything so...

It's an improvement for the platform.

Comment

I don't hate it, but those dopey flares are a hard pass. The only way aggressive flares work IMHO is with a similiary aggressive wheel / tire setup. There's a fine line between an aggressive wheel/tire package and a brodozer 20" wheel with a negative offset.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                I don't hate it, but those dopey flares are a hard pass. The only way aggressive flares work IMHO is with a similiary aggressive wheel / tire setup. There's a fine line between an aggressive wheel/tire package and a brodozer 20" wheel with a negative offset.
                Yeah, the flares on the HPD are lame. They don't fit the body lines, and they are are the definition of "tacked on" looking. However, I do like the different grill. Not a fan of the wheels either. I much prefer the RTL-E, which is the "regular" version in the video.

Speaking of "bro-dozers" I almost got run off the road by a 2nd gen Tacoma tonight that looked like he ordered the entire "Overlanding" catalogue. He was clogging the left lane at less than the speed limit and I was the 3rd (of 3) cars to pass him to go around. Of course he suddenly sped up, got right on my ass and tried to pass me on the right twice. Couldn't pull it off because there were cars there, so he decided to show me how capable his truck was by passing me in the median and blasting the 1st car that had passed him on the right with rocks... Sadly, around here Tacomas are becoming the new Civics. I do still like the trucks though.

Comment

Working...
                X