• Time
  • Show
Clear All

kia's attempt at the wrx

thats sick http://carsguide.news.com.au/heralds...E21825,00.html

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

cliffs notes

The Sport-Pac adds $3000 to the price of a regular Rio ($14,990 drive away).
    lmao

It comes with Pedders sports suspension along with the body kit and a non-functional bonnet scoop.
    lmao

The sporty Rio runs the regular 71kW 1.5-litre engine and takes 15 seconds to go from 0-100km/h.

By comparison, the $55,130 four-wheel-drive turbo WRX STi that it mimics has 195kW and can dash from 0-100km/h in 5.5 seconds.
    lmao

On the STi the scoop forces air into the intercooler to feed the turbo, but the Rio's scoop is just there to look cool.
    lmao

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Too bad I suck at converting those power ratings... Anyone know that that is in HP? Or a 1/4 time for that car?

That engine is the same size as the engine in my girlfriend's Civic... and you KNOW Honda engines have got to be better than Kia engines!

Comment

i'm not into the kW/hp conversion. but i do know 100kmph is roughly 62mph.
        Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

So that's 0-62 in 15 seconds?

That's .2 seconds slower than a Hummer! (H1, even!)

Comment

theres no way it takes 15 fucking seconds....that is so goddamn slow. at first i thought it said 1/4 mile in 15 seconds and i was like damn thats good, but 15 seconds for a 0-60???? i dont know how true that is

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

"Kia is confident the Sport-Pac will be popular with young people who want a car that looks fast but who can't afford to buy or maintain a car such as a WRX or a Lancer EVO. "

HAHAHAHA

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                "Kia is confident the Sport-Pac will be popular with young people who want a car that looks fast but who can't afford to buy or maintain a car such as a WRX or a Lancer EVO. "

HAHAHAHA
                hey, kia's just keepin' it real!

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

They know there's more of a market for people who want a cheap car that "looks fast" than for expensive cars that are fast. Take the Hyundai Accent GT for example

Comment

I can't belive this shit! What a joke! I will point and laugh at anyone who ever buys this car!

But it dose come with the 10 year 100,000 mile warrenty!

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

With a car that slow, it would easily take you 10 years to hit 100k miles!

Comment

why the hell is it a $3000 upgrade?!?!?! total cost is less than a civic though!

might be a decent 1st car for a 16 year old... lord knows it makes more sense than a wrx!

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                          why the hell is it a $3000 upgrade?!?!?! total cost is less than a civic though!

might be a decent 1st car for a 16 year old... lord knows it makes more sense than a wrx!
                          Yeah. When I have a kid, I would LOVE him (or her) to drive a car that slow! Of course, I'll have to tell them that they're not allowed to merge into traffic...

Comment

I agree w/ Deevergote on this one. They are going for the people who can't afford fast cars, but want one that at least looks fast. The car is ok looking I guess but couldn't they have come up with their own body kit and not a copy of the scooby. Also, I have never liked fake hood scoops. I would just ask them to leave the scoop off.
                            FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Working...
                            X