Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$$ civic w/ swap-turbo or Buy bros accord/swap H sell civic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$$ civic w/ swap-turbo or Buy bros accord/swap H sell civic?

Well after 14 cars I am sick of having slow cars... I have always wanted an H22 in an accord. Never happened. Now that my Job is giving me decent money I think its time for change.

I have an 02 civic coupe.

My bro has a 91 accord sedan (AZ car) i got for him for 800$ at the time.

Im thinking of buying his accord for liike 600ish Buy an H22 and swap it in. Then try to sell my civic... I still owe alot on it and it sucks..

IDK what to do oh dear

Buy a muscle car. Cheap and fast.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

wayne... heres the deal... no offense but with your luck and history, and how much you rely on having a car to drive... own TWO!

have one car that is only mildly modded that always starts and is always reliable. then search around and decide on a project car that you think would be what you want. civic with boost? accord with a swap? something completely different? who knows.

then since you say youre makin better money at work now, while youre looking around at different options for shells & projects, save dough. youll come across the perfect deal and youll have the money to grab it. then keep it as your project, mod it here and there, save for an H, etc. youll be able to take your time with things instead of having to rush a swap on a weekend to have it done for monday to get to work in the morning.

now... as far as which cars to get, thats up to you. just... dont pick up a new car and sell off the civic, relying on the new car to carry you every day- because it wont, especially if you plan to work on it. keep em both for a while until you feel the project is situated well enough to be trustworthy, then you can sell the civic, and pick up a NEW project! and so on and so on and so on.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Buy a muscle car. Cheap and fast.
        ehh, it is generally hard to find a muscle car in really good condition for cheap.

i would agree with mike and go with two cars.

Comment

You need to know EXACTLY how much you owe on the civic....AND what you can get for it, before making any car swapping plans.

You're probably upside down on the loan.
          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

or... you can get your lisence suspended for a while, and do it then like me. So next time, they wont be able to catch you to suspend your license

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              wayne... heres the deal... no offense but with your luck and history, and how much you rely on having a car to drive... own TWO!

have one car that is only mildly modded that always starts and is always reliable. then search around and decide on a project car that you think would be what you want. civic with boost? accord with a swap? something completely different? who knows.

then since you say youre makin better money at work now, while youre looking around at different options for shells & projects, save dough. youll come across the perfect deal and youll have the money to grab it. then keep it as your project, mod it here and there, save for an H, etc. youll be able to take your time with things instead of having to rush a swap on a weekend to have it done for monday to get to work in the morning.

now... as far as which cars to get, thats up to you. just... dont pick up a new car and sell off the civic, relying on the new car to carry you every day- because it wont, especially if you plan to work on it. keep em both for a while until you feel the project is situated well enough to be trustworthy, then you can sell the civic, and pick up a NEW project! and so on and so on and so on.

Couldn't find the bowing smileys.
              Good advice Mike.

Mine.
              "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
              "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

I don't know how much my opinion or advice will mean as a college student, but i'll toss it out.

Personally I don't think you're project car should be your daily driver especially when you need it to get to and from work. I mean, say you decide to swap a h22 into the accord. Then you realize you can't find the cams because you miss placed them or something. Now you have no way of getting to work.

I'd say keep the civic. Pay off the loan and stuff. Once you're in the clear and such, then work on the accord. Theres no rush.
                my 91 cb7
                Originally posted by 4doorfury
                I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
                  I don't know how much my opinion or advice will mean as a college student, but i'll toss it out.

Personally I don't think you're project car should be your daily driver especially when you need it to get to and from work. I mean, say you decide to swap a h22 into the accord. Then you realize you can't find the cams because you miss placed them or something. Now you have no way of getting to work.

I'd say keep the civic. Pay off the loan and stuff. Once you're in the clear and such, then work on the accord. Theres no rush.

X2 on what he said keep the civic and get the accord as a project car

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                  1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

bleh yeah..

well the accord is basically in my possession since my bros in FL haha

Comment

...say you decide to swap a h22 into the accord. Then you realize you can't find the cams because you miss placed them or something. Now you have no way of getting to work.
                      hahahha. i don't think that has ever happened to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Well after 14 cars I am sick of having slow cars... I have always wanted an H22 in an accord. Never happened. Now that my Job is giving me decent money I think its time for change.

I have an 02 civic coupe.

My bro has a 91 accord sedan (AZ car) i got for him for 800$ at the time.

Im thinking of buying his accord for liike 600ish Buy an H22 and swap it in. Then try to sell my civic... I still owe alot on it and it sucks..

IDK what to do oh dear
                        1st off dont F things up maple.

2nd I recomend you first buy the accord. stick the H22 in it & then sell the civic.

(youll lose money on the civic if you do though)

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

stay with the civic. it seems like it's lasted you the longest so far.

just don't fuck it up like every other car you've ever had.

Comment

I mean, say you decide to swap a h22 into the accord. Then you realize you can't find the cams because you miss placed them or something.
                            wtf

Comment

K swap Civic!!!
                              www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Working...
                              X