Accrdwgnguy : 1983 Chevrolet Malibu Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really ARE a "wgnguy"

I love that gen Malibu. A guy at work has a 79 coupe with a 350 and 232(?) gears AND AC, lol. He's thinking about putting a 9" rear end on it and maybe doing an LS1 swap out of a mid-90s TA, the turboing it. Either that or he's gonna sell everything, 350 and LS1 for like $5500.

Its not a bad little car. Body and INT are in really good shape too. I love how both you and bobby have wagons.

I may not own a Chevy, but working for GM, ive started to kinda take a liking to domestics. Im gonna keep my eye on this. Im really curious to see how it turns out.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

heading out in about an hour to play with my toy
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I never seen this yet. You should throw some 22's on it. You wanna trade plates. I would love to have that plate on my wagon.
        NEW PSN
        H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
        RIP

Comment

Does this wagon have similarities in powertrain/drivetrain to 1987 Pontiac Safari wagons? My grandpa had one, it was that burgundy color inside and out. It had a 305 ci motor in it. Great car, lasted him a while. The body actually started to rust out before anything else really gave up. He ended up fixing the body, had it repainted, looked immaculate and then took it to AZ with him. Got into an accident, it's totalled now. That wagon was a tank. I remember getting into an accident running into back of someone (grandpa driving) at like 25-35 mph and it only put a wrinkle in the front fender.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
            Does this wagon have similarities in powertrain/drivetrain to 1987 Pontiac Safari wagons? My grandpa had one, it was that burgundy color inside and out. It had a 305 ci motor in it. Great car, lasted him a while. The body actually started to rust out before anything else really gave up. He ended up fixing the body, had it repainted, looked immaculate and then took it to AZ with him. Got into an accident, it's totalled now. That wagon was a tank. I remember getting into an accident running into back of someone (grandpa driving) at like 25-35 mph and it only put a wrinkle in the front fender.
            Yes similar in drivetrain, alltho my wagon has the V6 version of the 305. Yup RWD GM's are hard to kill, they just screwed up switching to FWD.

The thing I like about the 80's GM's is that they are like legos, such as I can use the 12" front brakes from the Caprice wagons and cop cars to replace the puny 10" fronts on mine, by switching the spindle, upper control arm, and master cylinder form the Caprice, and rotors from a Iroc Camaro (to keep the same lug pattern).

And a little update, I found a TPI 350 from an 88 F-bird, seized needs a rebuild, and a 1985 V8 T5 Camaro 5 speed, needs 2nd gears. Waiting to hear back about my offer on both. Yeahhhhh
            Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 01-09-2009, 12:53 AM.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

not a cb7......but i like!

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

Glad to see that Im not the only gearhead in here lol!

I am a pontiac guy all the way (even though my last one had a bowtie heart) I have owned 2 F bodies and loved both of them and soon to have another.

Here are some vids/pics of my old one!

Pics:
                http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...4/Car%20build/

Vids:

"you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Great videos man, there is nothing like the rumble of a V8. Mines getting there, I'm just looking for a 3rd gen F donor. V8 5 speed

Comment

i like

wagons ftmw

Comment

Damn right man, I know youre down with the 80's style.

Comment

you know it

i love american muscle, thats what got me loving cars in general, i've had a bunch of american cars

i have a mustang now and i used to have a 88 caprice with police package

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                          Great videos man, there is nothing like the rumble of a V8. Mines getting there, I'm just looking for a 3rd gen F donor. V8 5 speed
                          With the 3rd Gen F-body...didn't the manual models have less HP than the auto models? I remember the IROC having less HP as an manual. I'm just wondering if it'd be better to get it piecemeal.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                            With the 3rd Gen F-body...didn't the manual models have less HP than the auto models? I remember the IROC having less HP as an manual. I'm just wondering if it'd be better to get it piecemeal.
                            I'm not sure on the HP ratings, doesn't matter to me, I don't want the weak little 305 in there. I was planning to get the whole car and pull the trans and hydraulic clutch setup. I then was going to get a 88 and up 350 truck motor because they are everywhere. The 88 and up SB's besides being one piece rear main seal, are all also setup for roller cams from the factory, even if they came with flat tappets. So shove a LT1 Z28 cam or 350 Ramjet cam (I have one), a set of GM roller lifters ($140 from GM), Vortec Heads, and the TPI setup from the Camaro with some 24 lb/hr injectors, and you got at least 325-350 hp. With stock parts.

I really don't want it to stay auto, but its hard to find manual parts for these cars. They only made them manual from 78-81, after that they were all auto. But all the holes and markings are still there to put 78-81 manual parts on, of course it was all manual linkage. I'd like to upgrade to a more reliable hydro setup.

I found a 3 spd manual wagon in a yard a few years ago, I freaked lol. But the guy wanted $500 for the whole setup, I can buy the repro linkages for much less. But that still leaves you looking for the special bellhousing that was only used for these cars.
                            Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM.

Comment

You should drop in a Cummins Turbo Diesel haha jk thats gonna look good when its all cleaned up

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                                You should drop in a Cummins Turbo Diesel haha jk thats gonna look good when its all cleaned up

I think it would be a bit front heavy tho

Comment

Working...
                                X