No announcement yet.

Accrdwgnguy : 1986 Chevrolet C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its missing 2 trim rings, but I gots a full set of 15" rings around.

Also got 89 Suburban bucket seats a few weeks ago, in gray too with the console. Love em.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Yeah the Burban seats are real nice compared to the bench. We've left the console out for now, cooler fits nice between the seats.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I used to have a cooler console, it was very handy lol.

Sub seats.

Redid my wasted door panel with spray-on bedliner. Looks new, you can barely see the chips in the plastic.

Installed the 80 PSI oil gauge from the C70 cluster

the hole near the light switch is going to be rounded out to install a boost gauge for...

M90 supercharger

Thats pretty much whats new.

Comment

I approve
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            Update:

Sold the NV4500 in December. I got laid off so it didn't seem wise to spend $1k to swap in a transmission I didn't need (still have 2.73 rear gears). On the bright side, sold it for $50 more than I paid for it.

Decided that I hated the wiring harness I made for it, it was a Camaro harness so it was way too long, most of it coiled up under the dashboard. So I pulled it all out and build a new harness. Also made a proper mount for my MAP sensor, its now hanging off the side of the plenum. Cleaned up the engine bay by mounting the fuel pump relay, ESC module, and fuses under the dash.

I suspected for a while that my Innovate LC-1 was not exactly accurate and may be causing some of my tuning issues. The LC-1 was also providing the narrowband signal to the computer. Some internet searching confirmed my suspicion, so I removed it and installed the OEM o2 sensor I bought for this project. My fears were confirmed when I fired it up; without changing the tune that was running ok before, the truck was spewing black smoke out the tailpipe and running rough as hell. WTF. Now if my laptop would just boot up, I could get a proper tune on this thing. Anyone wanna buy a lightly used LC-1?

Hmm....what else? Oh yes I installed electric fans today. I got a dual fan setup out of a Ford Windstar, apparently both fans together flow 4400 CFM. I figured that was enough. Plus, after some trimming, they fit the stock rad quite well. I'll have a writeup coming soon. I'm hoping to gain 1 mpg with that setup installed, plus clears space in front for a future supercharger install.

Stay tuned.
            Interesting you say that about the LC-1. I had grand plans for a few years to run the LC-1, but I stumbled across many of the same problems you did with people running them. I ended up going AEM UEGO myself. I don't plan on tuning with it, but I like to monitor what's going on.

Comment

Nice work so far! Lookin real good.

I think my next project will likely be a Squarebody. I love these trucks.

Comment

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it.

These trucks are great. I love the style (as much style as a brick on wheels can have), the aftermarket is huge, and there is no shortage of available truck out there. Plus the utility is great, and you can work them harder than a new truck. New trucks with their thin gauge metal just can't take the abuse.

Comment

Great work, man! I've got some Burb buckets that I need to install in my 87', but they need to be recovered and some foam replaced. My 87' was originally a bench, so I need to weld in the floor brackets, too.

If I remember right, the rear of the brackets on the buckets don't match the floor in a regular cab. Did you have to bend them to line up?
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Yeah you have to bend them. I used a pry bar.

And then use some kind of spacer in the front.

Comment

Yea, you gotta bend them up, use your bench track for comparison. I used vice grips. Then, when you bolt in the seat, bolt the rear down first, then the front. It seems the burb outer tracks are just a bit too short, but it still bolts in fine that way.

Mine are in decent shape, just a bit or wear. But the armrests are terrible, its like a loose piece of fabric over metal, no padding. Did all the foam disintegrate in typical GM fashion, or what. lol
                      Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 05-15-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

You C10 guys are making me want one. I have access to an 85 silverado, long bed, 4x4 in rough shape.. its just 4 hours away at my grandpas house. Has a rebuilt 350 but the trans is out of commission. Needs new front sheet metal and a whole lot of rust to be fixed. It kind of kissed a school bus' ass.

Anyways, OP, keep up the good work!
                        92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                          Mine are in decent shape, just a bit or wear. But the armrests are terrible, its like a loose piece of fabric over metal, no padding. Did all the foam disintegrate in typical GM fashion, or what. lol

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                            You C10 guys are making me want one. I have access to an 85 silverado, long bed, 4x4 in rough shape.. its just 4 hours away at my grandpas house. Has a rebuilt 350 but the trans is out of commission. Needs new front sheet metal and a whole lot of rust to be fixed. It kind of kissed a school bus' ass.

Anyways, OP, keep up the good work!
                            Yea buddy, join the CB7Tuner Square body club! Trucks are always useful and fun.

Comment

We've got a ton of beautiful squarebodies rolling around town here.

Once guy has a gorgeous RC/SB, like a medium steel blue colour top and bottom with the middle stripe down the side in silver and all the stock black moldings on it. Just slammed on some billet 22s. All original looking body. This thing is so mint and so well built, just blows my mind every time I see it.

My friend Brad has been working on a '77 for the past couple years. It's a bare frame right now. All redone, and doing a lift kit on it with 35s. He doesn't have much motivation to finish it up, but his plan for it if he ever finishes it is really nice.

Another friend of mine has a 72 C10 RC/SB, painted in the new Camaro pearl lime green with white vinyl interior. Air ride, 20" Boss wheels, wood bed floor, has like an Olds 402 or something in it built up and bored out to a 407 I think. He's won multiple awards with this truck since he finished it 2 years ago. I would hope, since he has over $50k invested into it.

All I want is a nice RC/SB with a decent body. I don't care if the paint is crap, I like the patina look on these trucks. Just have a nice running and sounding 350 in it, bench seat, maybe a 4/6 static drop and some 20s on a stock looking body. Just a nice little cruiser that I can fiddle around with.

Comment

My $50 score today:

Hooker Super Comp longtube headers.

Comment

Working...
                                X