Accrdwgnguy : 1986 Chevrolet C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I-man.

Bedrails, yay or nay? I am going to get rid of the rollbar to make way for a tonneau cover.

Yes there is a lot of rust on this side, but its all surface! The panels are all solid all the way to the edges. Its amazing.

Keeping the grill guard and painting it black, but getting rid of the grill. I got a nice Silverado grill from a guy today.

Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 11-19-2009, 08:57 PM.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Replaced thermostat the other day, still overheats under load. Guess with 89K miles it needs a new water pump.

Comment

I'm still loving this truck. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for the one I want, but all I can find are damn LWB.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

lol nice man
          back at it again

Comment

Seen a few nice SWB manuals on ebay foamy

Comment

Think I'll go for the 2" all around drop, it'll keep the stance I like while being just high enough to still do yard work and towing with it. And It'll only cost $180 for the shackles and drop coils

Comment

How's this thing coming along? I picked up an 87' Silverado w/ TBI 305 (perfect base for what I want to swap in, a 6.0L LQ4). Since it's EFI, it's already got a baffled tank so I won't starve the pump once I get the 6.0L and high-pressure pump in the tank. I decided to settle for a LWB and an auto (hoping to get a 4L80E with the 6.0L, so no sense waiting for the right manual truck to show up).

I've gotta say, this thing is DOG slow w/ the 305/700R4 and 3.08s out back.
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                  How's this thing coming along? I picked up an 87' Silverado w/ TBI 305 (perfect base for what I want to swap in, a 6.0L LQ4). Since it's EFI, it's already got a baffled tank so I won't starve the pump once I get the 6.0L and high-pressure pump in the tank. I decided to settle for a LWB and an auto (hoping to get a 4L80E with the 6.0L, so no sense waiting for the right manual truck to show up).

I've gotta say, this thing is DOG slow w/ the 305/700R4 and 3.08s out back.
                  You couldn't even find a SWB? Ahh thats cool tho, manual swap is quite easy. I believe the 85 and up trucks all had hydro setups, which will make your swap quite easy. You can use the newer LS bellhousing with a slave matched to the size of the master cylinder. EZ. You may get lucky and find a complete LQ4 and 5 speed from a newer truck. Silverado tho! Get all the fancy stuff huh? Throw up some pics, I would like to see this.

I didn't really do anything to this over the winter due to my air compressor spun a bearing, and all my tools are air powered. oh well. Putting together a pot sandblaster so I can blast the body clean. Decided to repaint it silver! I've always wanted this truck in silver with black interior, and now I have the chance!

Hey it may be slow, but it'll have no problem towing an accord. Mine has 2.73 gears, and it hauls pretty decent when I get all 4 barrels going. Ask Zach (scudweiser) I think I scared him abit on my backroads haha.

Yup hauled this thing home over 30 miles of steep windy hills. No problem, even got up to 60 on the highway, bit of a struggle on that tho. Would like to rebuild a 350 for this after I get the TPI 305 for the malibu done up.
                  Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 04-05-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Yeah, my truck would actually probably be faster if it actually had 4 barrels. With the TBI setup, it's like a permanent 2-barrel :.

If you build a 350, have you thought about putting Vortec heads on it? You can get some very nice numbers with a mild cam paired with them, and they are dirt cheap. They are a little limited on lift (.460 or so stock), but that shouldn't matter with a mild cam.

I'll go snap some pictures real quick-like. It's pretty straight other than a deer-induced dent in the drivers door.

Comment

Yea I was planning on a 96+ Vortec engine. Stockish rebuild, ZZ4 cam will net 300 HP. That would be pretty good. Put a TBI on top of that and I'd be getting 20 mpg.

Something like this:
                      http://tbichips.com/blackmagic.htm

Comment

I want your tailgate. I assume it's not the original, looks like it's the wrong style for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          I want your tailgate. I assume it's not the original, looks like it's the wrong style for the year.
                          I think its original, you have a Silverado so you have the flush Brushed panel on your tailgate. Thats what I'd like, lets trade haha

Comment

truck is lookin great man!, gonna miss seeing it black with the roll bar and visor !
                            Blake.
                            1994 Accord Part out!
                            Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post

Hey it may be slow, but it'll have no problem towing an accord. Mine has 2.73 gears, and it hauls pretty decent when I get all 4 barrels going. Ask Zach (scudweiser) I think I scared him abit on my backroads haha.
                              uh yea once the ass end broke loose i was kind of concerned. i think it needs a cummins swap can you say torque?

Comment

Working...
                              X