No announcement yet.

Accrdwgnguy : 1986 Chevrolet C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very much on topic, we square truck guys gotta stick together.

Oh and BTW, IT RUNS! Once I put the distributor in the correct location, and replaced the incorrect fuel pump relay with an OEM fan relay.

Runs like hell! At a nice healthy ozone depleting 10:1 A/F ratio! lol. Mostly because I started with a stock 350 tune and modified it slightly for a 305. Guess I need to turn down those fuel maps.

Oh yea also need to adjust the valves again. But the cam is broken in!
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Man i love it makes me miss my 87!

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Well after resolving a couple of mechanical issues, and some electrical issues, its alive.

I replaced the cap and rotor to solve a no spark on 2 cylinders. Adjusted valve lash per factory procedure.

Now I was getting a solid check engine light, no diagnostic mode and rev limited to 4k rpm. After checking all my pinouts, did a bit of diagnostic on the memcal. Re-did the big ground on the back of the head. Nothing. Replaced the computer with a used re-maned Delco from an 88 Corsica. I used the V6 memcal in the computer, and the ecu checked out. I could run diag mode and pull codes. Awesome. So I put in my hacked memcal and gave it a try. Back to the same old issues. Ah ha, issue is with my soldering on the chip socket. Resoldered all the joints, guess what? ECU is normal, not stuck in limp mode no more!

After disabling the anti-theft, it fired right up. Running a stock 92 Z28 w/ G92 option tune; this tune is more aggressive to work with the higher lift cam installed with that package. Still needs work to agree with my RV cam. However once closed loop kicked in, smooth running. So much more power than before, I can spin the tires all the way thru first, on gravel anyways.

Comment

Eeexcellent. Spinning tires with a 2.73 axle is no joke, haha.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
            Eeexcellent. Spinning tires with a 2.73 axle is no joke, haha.
            No doubt. I am onto the tuning portion once I get my ALDL datalogging cable.

Also finally found a seat for the truck to replace those terrible Mitsubishi seats. Found this in a 1998 Caddy Fleetwood Limited.

Heated, full power split bench. Only a tiny bit of wear on the drivers side, I think a fat guy owned the car because the bolster is crushed. The cup holder hides away in the arm rest when not needed. Oh yea thats right I'll finally have cup holders! Pulled the set from the pickapart for $50.

Comment

nice bro

most def an upgrade on the seats lol
              back at it again

Comment

Any updates?
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Still working on the tuning. Its a slow learning process for sure. Makes me wish I had just done a stock 5.3L swap.

Comment

Updates:

Working on finalizing the tune. Then its off to the shop for a new exhaust.

Got the Caddy seats mounted, they are nice. Need to tweak the mounts as I'm not happy with the seating position. My measurements were also off so there is quite a gap between the seats, need to build a console to close the gap.

I am considering a rear gear change and overdrive transmission after these things are accomplished. Also a rear spring upgrade as well, either overload springs or new HD spring packs.

Once I get a house, I am going to put this apart for rust repair and paint. really only needs new cab corners, rest of the sheet metal is solid

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                      Updates:

Working on finalizing the tune. Then its off to the shop for a new exhaust.

Got the Caddy seats mounted, they are nice. Need to tweak the mounts as I'm not happy with the seating position. My measurements were also off so there is quite a gap between the seats, need to build a console to close the gap.

I am considering a rear gear change and overdrive transmission after these things are accomplished. Also a rear spring upgrade as well, either overload springs or new HD spring packs.

Once I get a house, I am going to put this apart for rust repair and paint. really only needs new cab corners, rest of the sheet metal is solid
                      Great work sir! What OD trans you planning on? 700R4? 4L80E?

Comment

Well I think I have settled on a Ranger overdrive from Advanced Adapters, it installs between my factory SM465 and the bellhousing. Its a 2 speed manual trans with direct drive and overdrive.

Ranger Overdrive - Description

Its a better option then the NV4500, I get to keep my durable SM465, minimal driveline mods, keep same clutch and bellhousing, 8 gears instead of 5, and the price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                          Well I think I have settled on a Ranger overdrive from Advanced Adapters, it installs between my factory SM465 and the bellhousing. Its a 2 speed manual trans with direct drive and overdrive.

Ranger Overdrive - Description

Its a better option then the NV4500, I get to keep my durable SM465, minimal driveline mods, keep same clutch and bellhousing, 8 gears instead of 5, and the price tag.
                          Well, damn, that's pretty cool. It's gonna be like driving a big rig.

Comment

I like those seats!

Comment

Thanks man! They are ok, I found out leather = sweaty ass. If I find decent Suburban buckets these are coming out.

Also looked at a K20 diesel Suburban today, sadly it was a rust bucket and too many little things didn't work, wasn't worth the 3k asking price.

Comment

you need to go see this guy: http://worcester.craigslist.org/pts/3273214773.html

i got my suburban seats from him. and he has a lot of parts....

also, you need to look down here for a clean suburban. i see them on craigslist all the time for not too much money.
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Working...
                                X