No announcement yet.

Accrdwgnguy : 1986 Chevrolet C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked Cl in the southern regions, and noticed people giving away Subs, but similarly equipped blazers go for twice the price! I don't mind 2 extra doors and the K5 removable top is heavy anyways.

Maybe my new vacation plan should be to fly south, Buy a suburban, use to haul rust free 1/4s for the Accord back to NH. Oh and hang out of course
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

yeah budday! I got a spare bedroom.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Well my plan changed. Picked up a 2WD NV4500 for 350 today, guy in town was selling it. Its a rebuild with 3k miles on it out of a 96 1 ton diesel. Got the shifter, but sadly no bellhousing.

The VSS was also included.

Comment

what're you doing with old trans?

those NV4500 are solid transmissions!
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

idk what I'll be doing with the old SM465, keep it for historical value? lol, there nothing wrong with it besides the 2nd gear syncro, pops out of 2nd all the time.

Comment

found this unicorn for a steal today.

Gauge cluster with tach out of a 85 C60 w/ V8 gas engine. I already cleaned everything up, housing is painted with chrome paint and ready to install the speedo and oil gauge from the pickup cluster.

Comment

Nice pickup's on the trans and gauges!

Sorta off topic, but semi related.
                I'm might be looking to get into a 3rd gen fbody again, i was wondering if you can do decent prom tunes (Mail in type deal. Not the best i know, but people have luck with them compared to stock)TBI or TPI (Most likely TBI). As we know they don't exactly respond well to anything further than I/H/E (Especially TBI) even a oem lt1 or grand sport cam needs a tune to run properly on the LO3's. Anyway if you want please feel free to PM me.

Good luck with the project.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

sweet finds bro
                  back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    Nice pickup's on the trans and gauges!

Sorta off topic, but semi related.
                    I'm might be looking to get into a 3rd gen fbody again, i was wondering if you can do decent prom tunes (Mail in type deal. Not the best i know, but people have luck with them compared to stock)TBI or TPI (Most likely TBI). As we know they don't exactly respond well to anything further than I/H/E (Especially TBI) even a oem lt1 or grand sport cam needs a tune to run properly on the LO3's. Anyway if you want please feel free to PM me.

Good luck with the project.
                    While I would love to help you out, I am just a beginner at tuning. I would suggest talking to brian at tbichips.com, mail order tunes for TBI/TPI vehicles are his specialty.

Comment

Hybrid cluster completed! Installed my original speedo, and oil pressure gauge into the tach cluster case. Used the original bezel and lens as well. Plugged it in, wired up the tach and it works! No re-pinning needed.

Also I used the SES light and "overspeed" lens from the C60.

I should mention I did not pin these lights into the cluster, rather I used GM marker lamp holders wired separately into the TPI ECM.

Comment

Nice work on the gauges. Makes me want to find a cluster with the SES light. I used the "Choke" light for the SES light on my TBI Swap.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Update:

Sold the NV4500 in December. I got laid off so it didn't seem wise to spend $1k to swap in a transmission I didn't need (still have 2.73 rear gears). On the bright side, sold it for $50 more than I paid for it.

Decided that I hated the wiring harness I made for it, it was a Camaro harness so it was way too long, most of it coiled up under the dashboard. So I pulled it all out and build a new harness. Also made a proper mount for my MAP sensor, its now hanging off the side of the plenum. Cleaned up the engine bay by mounting the fuel pump relay, ESC module, and fuses under the dash.

I suspected for a while that my Innovate LC-1 was not exactly accurate and may be causing some of my tuning issues. The LC-1 was also providing the narrowband signal to the computer. Some internet searching confirmed my suspicion, so I removed it and installed the OEM o2 sensor I bought for this project. My fears were confirmed when I fired it up; without changing the tune that was running ok before, the truck was spewing black smoke out the tailpipe and running rough as hell. WTF. Now if my laptop would just boot up, I could get a proper tune on this thing. Anyone wanna buy a lightly used LC-1?

Hmm....what else? Oh yes I installed electric fans today. I got a dual fan setup out of a Ford Windstar, apparently both fans together flow 4400 CFM. I figured that was enough. Plus, after some trimming, they fit the stock rad quite well. I'll have a writeup coming soon. I'm hoping to gain 1 mpg with that setup installed, plus clears space in front for a future supercharger install.

Stay tuned.

Comment

My "new" 15x8 Rally wheels

Comment

And beauty rings to boot nice.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Hell yeah! That's what I got on my C10, sans beauty rings, .

Comment

Working...
                                X