Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According2Aaron : 2002 Ford Crown Victoria

ENGINE/TRANSMISSION:
    - 4.6L V8 (Police package tuning from the factory)
    - Police Package (Built from the factory) Automatic Transmission with Overdrive

EXTERIOR:
    - Stock

INTERIOR:
    - Uniden BearCat scanner

SUSPENSION/WHEELS:
    - Swapped out the old clip-on '98-'02 wheel covers for bolt-on '03-'05 wheel covers

AUDIO/ELECTRONICS:
    - OEM Ford CD player from an '01 F-150

FUTURE PLANS:
    - Get it realigned
    - Get it repainted

Nice
    That's a pretty safe car.
    Do you know if it's possible to do a manual tranny swap on them?

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
      Yes.

I love P71's. They're such comfortable cars.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Yes.

The Marauder, i think, is the closest thing to this that MIGHT have come in a MT. I think. Lol.

I like the black, "solid" style wheels, but then again, th caps make it look more like a sleeper. The trunks on these things are huge too. Im pretty sure you could fit a small civic in there.

Looks good.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I liked the original covers.

Why repaint ? The silver looks good to me.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

i've always wanted one of those! with the dog dish hub caps and painted black. and maybe a push bar... no one will pass you!
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

How many miles does it have Aaron? Was it a cruiser or a Detective's car. Id much rather have the Detective's car than the cruiser. Im not too fond of that plastic, truck-liner flooring, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                How many miles does it have Aaron? Was it a cruiser or a Detective's car. Id much rather have the Detective's car than the cruiser. Im not too fond of that plastic, truck-liner flooring, lol.
                What? Rubber floors are da best. Just hose them out, lol. I detailed a Element the other day, easiest detail ever.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

if you ever remove that A-pillar spotlight id definitely take it looks good.. gona suck having everybody around you going slow though haha

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Id love it, lol. I, uh, "acquired" some "Police Interceptor" badges so if i ever got one, they'd go right back on that bad boy, lol.

Id hook up lights in the grille and shit and use it at shows.

Those floors are weird. Easy to clean but so....lifeless.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                      Nice
                      That's a pretty safe car.
                      Yeah. Since they have the same engine Mustang GT's/Cobras have, you can swap 5-speed/6-speed Mustang transmissions into them. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgNDNamCMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXUqY8iAzhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yQpXc_7_Lo&NR=1

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                      Yes.

I love P71's. They're such comfortable cars.
                      Me too, man. I've always loved full-sized V8 sedans for many reasons, comfort being one of them.

Yes.

The Marauder, i think, is the closest thing to this that MIGHT have come in a MT. I think. Lol.

I like the black, "solid" style wheels, but then again, th caps make it look more like a sleeper. The trunks on these things are huge too. Im pretty sure you could fit a small civic in there.

Looks good.
                      The big drivetrain difference between the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor and the Mercury Marauder is the Marauder is DOHC and has about 300-305 HP where the CVPI has about 250 HP, and the Marauder has a center console with a console/floor shifter, but are all automatics as well. No Crown Victorias (modern ones, anyway) were manufactured with manual transmissions (that I'm aware of, but then again, I'm a Ford guy too ).

Yeah, I liked the little center lug caps the car came with but I chose the newer chrome wheel covers to make it classier looking. And yes, I love the trunk space. Let me scrounge up a picture.

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                      I liked the original covers.

Why repaint ? The silver looks good to me.
                      I'll be repainting it the same color, it's just that the paint's got lots of little scratches and is chipping in places. Plus there is an antenna hole and the hole in the roof where the lightbar wiring went through that need filling.

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                      i've always wanted one of those! with the dog dish hub caps and painted black. and maybe a push bar... no one will pass you!
                      People still don't pass me now. LOL. It's probably due to the fact that most agencies I've seen in this state order their cruisers with the full-sized chrome wheel covers like I've got. However, people still will pass me, they just do it slowly to make sure I'm not a cop before passing. LOL.

I bought her with a little over 114,000 but she's got something like 125,000 now. I bought her back in June 2009. Just haven't gotten around to making this thread until now. The 114,000 I bought her at was fairly low compared to a lot of cruiser that are sold with 130,000-150,000 miles lots of times.

It was a marked police cruiser with a Whelen strobe lightbar on top. She was part of the fleet for the Horry County Police Department, Horry County, South Carolina (One of very few county agencies called "County Police Department," where most counties have "County Sheriff's Offices). When I got her she had a decal about the third brake light (center high mount) that said "803." This is what she used to look like. This is her sister, "802."

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      if you ever remove that A-pillar spotlight id definitely take it looks good.. gona suck having everybody around you going slow though haha
                      LOL. Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll be removing it or not. I kind of want to convert it to Street Appearance Package, which has a civilian chrome grille instead of the black plastic grille, civilian body-color painted rear fascia panels instead of black, and no spot light. However, I do enjoy lighting stuff up with the spotlight when I can.

And surprisingly enough, it's not so bad having people drive slower. Only a handful of people will slow to a crawl, the rest just try to keep it around the speed limit (which they should anyway).

Id love it, lol. I, uh, "acquired" some "Police Interceptor" badges so if i ever got one, they'd go right back on that bad boy, lol.

Id hook up lights in the grille and shit and use it at shows.

Those floors are weird. Easy to clean but so....lifeless.
                      LOL. I've noticed a lot of agencies will remove the "POLICE INTERCEPTOR" badges from the rear, but a lot of agencies will not. The reason being that having that badge does not identify the vehicle as an in-service police vehicle, it's just the name of the car.

EDIT: Here's an interior picture from when I first brought her home.

Last edited by According2Aaron; 02-22-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I would drop a 5speed in that bitch and drive it and scare motherfuckers
                        wat?

Comment

Does that round interior light work?

That trunk looks smaller than the one ive seen. Of course, the one ive seen was a civilian car, not a cruiser. I wonder if that matters?

Comment

That trunk looks smaller than the one ive seen. Of course, the one ive seen was a civilian car, not a cruiser. I wonder if that matters?
                            The big ass square in the trunk is the gas tank IIRC. There's been a lot of heated discussion about the lack of safety by having it there.

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                              I would drop a 5speed in that bitch and drive it and scare motherfuckers
                              It would be fun to do that but I have to say I enjoy just dropping it into Drive and going. Nice to have an alternative to the Accord's 5-speed transmission.

Does that round interior light work?

Yes. Those are called "Ticket Lights." They only come in the Police Interceptors and are at least twice as bright as the regular dome light.

The pictures don't do the trunk a justice. It's bigger in person than in a photograph. Also, all Crown Victoria trunks are the same, whether it's a civilian car, Police Interceptor (P71), or a taxi cab package.

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                              The big ass square in the trunk is the gas tank IIRC. There's been a lot of heated discussion about the lack of safety by having it there.
                              This is true. A lot of people have made a big stink about the gas tanks in these cars but you never actually hear of real cases where the cars exploded upon rearend impact. I've seen lots of police Crown Victorias that were rearended badly and survived. Here's a picture of one I took at the NC State Surplus lot in Raleigh a year or two ago:

Comment

Working...
                              X