Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    Oh Mikey Mike. You made me chuckle.

Ralphie, harnesses aren't always necessary... but you'll be better off having one. It makes your HID bulbs/ballasts last longer and also prevent any harm to your stock wiring.

Easy way to tell if you'll need the harness is if you burn out the HIDs within a month or two. That tells you that you need a harness, as well as a new HID kit.
    Well i ended up not getting one because the majority of the guys over at 6thgen reported not using the harness(when they ordered their HIDS, the harness wasn't offered) and theyve been rocking them for 2+ years without any bulb or wiring issues.

Also, DDM says it is not necessary for most US/EU applications, but deff for ATV/Bike applications.

I guess time will tell, but im pretty confident that ill be ok.

Im not sure if the Cb/CG wiring is the same, but if i was doing this to a 20 year old harness, then i would have ordered the harness without questioning it, but the coupe is fairly newer so the wiring should be ok.

Comment

BTW

Fuck yes...them shits are out for delivery.

Too bad the weather is shit and i won't have enough time today(or this weekend) to install them.

Monday possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Too bad the weather is shit and i won't have enough time today(or this weekend) to install them.
        Don't be a weenie.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Don't be a weenie.
          LMAO.

Its raining out, so idk if i should be fucking with electronic components lol...
          and im leaving later to go stay at my boys crib...me him and a bunch of friends are going paintballing tomorrow....so i wont be back till Sunday...maybe ill do it sunday...if not def next week.

Comment

Ok so the HIDS have arrived.

I inspected and everything seems to be in order.

Bulbs are labeled 9006.

Ballasts are labeled 35w.

Only one bulb had a 5k sticker on it, the other had no sticker at all.

Anyway, they smell good lol and look fantastic.

Here are some pictures-

The kit-

and i setup one to see if this is the correct setup, since there are no directions.

Ive installed one kit before, so i believe i have it wired correctly....anyone want to confirm.

So as it shows, i just connect the harness from the bulb into that open female end?

Comment

So as it shows, i just connect the harness from the bulb into that open female end?
              Yes sir!

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Yes sir!
                Why thank you kind sir.

Ya i mean, it isn't hard but the only time ive installed them, i had directions.

Damn i wish it wasn't raining, i want to install them lol.

Ugh i hate having mods and not being able to do them, at least if im broke i can dream....but when the dream is true but you can't wrench, shit sucks.

Which leads me to my next question-

how do mofos like being locked up in Prison?

Can't do anything you like to do, except learn about more illegal activities.

Comment

Oh Mikey Mike. You made me chuckle.
                  What?

Don't be a weenie.
                  Im really thinking about sigging that.

they smell good
                  Lol. I thought I was kinda weird for doing that, too, but now I dont feel so weird, lol. Everything looks good.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Damn i wish it wasn't raining, i want to install them lol.

Ugh i hate having mods and not being able to do them, at least if im broke i can dream....but when the dream is true but you can't wrench, shit sucks.
                    I HATE having things without the ability to install them. It's such a shitty feeling. You're not alone.

... which leads me to my next thought. You have a wife, and I'm sure you have an umbrella. Put them both to work while you install the HIDs.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post

Lol. I thought I was kinda weird for doing that, too, but now I dont feel so weird, lol. Everything looks good.
                      LOL!

Na man, people are more alike then they care to notice.

Like the thread you made about day dreaming about what you would do to girls if you could freeze time....

lol...yea.

Well i noticed the smell when i popped open the box....btw how was yours shipped?

Nicely?

Mine was in a small ass box with some brown paper wrap and a label lol.

Nothing fancy, not packed very well, but ok id say which is risky on their part.

Idk, i mean i pack better then them and im a small time seller on ebay....they must bank on these HIDS and they sent them kinda "loose" lol.

Comment

That's why I wish I had a shop. Hell, a garge. Shit, Id even go for a fucking shed wide enough to pull my car into, lol. I oughta invest in a small CarTent, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I HATE having things without the ability to install them. It's such a shitty feeling. You're not alone.

... which leads me to my next thought. You have a wife, and I'm sure you have an umbrella. Put them both to work while you install the HIDs.
                          omg that is classic.

Im telling the wifey when she gets home. lol!!!

Im sigin that, sorry fatty wherever you are lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                            That's why I wish I had a shop. Hell, a garge. Shit, Id even go for a fucking shed wide enough to pull my car into, lol. I oughta invest in a small CarTent, lol.
                            LOL be careful though, that is what Deev got...like a small aluminum carport....and it blew away lol.

I never got to see it though, i was by his once and i don't believe he had it up.

All it takes is one good updraft and that shit is gone lol.

But yea, i dream of installing a small lift in my 2 car garage that i plan to own, but i don't think ill be able to afford it lol.

But id kill for a little garage space right now.

Comment

It was in one big brown box () but there were 3 boxes. One had the ballast in it and the other 2 were smaller ones with the bulbs in them. I was expecting foam and what-not, but yeah I was a little disappointed by the packaging. Definitely not the worst, but I was expecting a little more out of them.

Talking to their CS, i still think and feel that they're ran out of some tiny office somewhere. Or like some little 4-room building. One group recieves, one group ships, one group is the sales/website people and the other group are their CS guys. If it works, it works, but damn...

Comment

And Deev probably didnt have his shit anchored down.

Comment

Working...
                                X