KoNEY: 2002 Acura TL Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KoNEY: 2002 Acura TL Type S

Hey guys, long time no see. Thought I would drop in and show you guys my latest project. 02 TL-S

Mods:
    5% window tint
    20" MSR 087 wheels w/ Nitto Neo-Gen 225/30/20
    Smoked tails (custom)

Interior:
    Stock, except for Pioneer AVIC-D3

Engine:
    Stock (for now)

Suspension:
    eBay special (for now)

Plans:
    A-Spec lip kit (OEM)
    CT Engineering stupidcharger
    Nice set of full dampers or air, you guys know me..
    5000k HID high beams
    Mugen Spoiler
    Fosgate Power T1 12's and Power T1001bdcp, Kinetic powercell, 0AWG, etc..., etc...

Not much for now, but hopefully some more progress soon. Possibly even some Inspire badging/exterior parts...
    Last edited by KoNEY; 02-16-2011, 10:34 PM.

now that's sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! droool
    VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Not a big fan of the smoked tailights but thats a sexy ride. Auto or manual?
      1990 Accord EX

Comment

not diggin the wheels but the rest is awesome!

(all of the TL's in that gen were auto)
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

great car

I don't like any of the mods though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            great car

I don't like any of the mods though.
            Yeah, I mean all criticism is constructive criticism, just depends on how you take it. Thanks for your honesty. However, there really isnt a whole lot I can do with it, outside of suspension, wheels, and lip kit...there just isnt too much support for the UA5 chassis TL. Lack of Japanese OEM parts kills most of my fun (ALL 99-current TL's are made in Marysville Ohio, even the J-spec and every other foreign market model), because minus the badging (either Inspire or Saber, and an 'H') everything else is identical.

The only thing I would like to do that would be worth while to it would be to swap a J35 from a 07ish TL Type S (315 hp, 265 lb ft?) and a six speed trans from the 03 CL Type S, but the trans swap alone will set me back somewhere in the neighborhood of $4k, and I dont even wanna know what that paicular J35 will cost me, so I'm gonna wait a bit, lol.

Thanks for looking. I'll try to get some concurrent pics up, those are almost a year old.

Comment

i say get rid of those wheels. change the badging, suspension. throw a APEXI World Sport and a supercharger and another set of wheels and enjoy the car

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                i say get rid of those wheels. change the badging, suspension. throw a APEXI World Sport and a supercharger and another set of wheels and enjoy the car
                Wheels look better now, the suspension settled in and it tucks a little. Coilovers, I'm out I think, the OEM suspension rode so harsh because its so stiff, I don't want to make a track car out of it, thinking seriously of going VIP with air and everything, like this...

BTW, thats the OEM lip lit I'm talking about...^^

Comment

I would aim at fixing that ACURA badge on the back, its all wrong the letters are way to close together.

And i would also get some different wheels, my main gripe with them is how tiny the brakes look inside of them

Comment

Well I'm sorry the brakes look small, but I can't do anything about that, except. It a big brake kit, qhich is stupid, imho. Alas, it isn't your car so you don't have to worry about it. Oh, sorry that it isn't perfect and appealing in all facets, I mean I did say it was a PROJECT. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by KoNEY View Post
                      Wheels look better now, the suspension settled in and it tucks a little. Coilovers, I'm out I think, the OEM suspension rode so harsh because its so stiff, I don't want to make a track car out of it, thinking seriously of going VIP with air and everything, like this...

BTW, thats the OEM lip lit I'm talking about...^^
                      i do like the white one.

Comment

Working...
                      X