Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flatline : 1993 Nissan 240SX (S13 convertible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang this thing is sick, looks like we both went for a change of power plants to Nissan, you did the whole car and me well just the engine haha, but the first of your recent photos shows just how small the 240 is compared to the cb, sure yours is slammed but even at stock height its several inches shorter

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Looking good man, Ive been getting the itch to get a rwd convertible to have some fun with. I'll definitely be watching this

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
        dang this thing is sick, looks like we both went for a change of power plants to Nissan, you did the whole car and me well just the engine haha, but the first of your recent photos shows just how small the 240 is compared to the cb, sure yours is slammed but even at stock height its several inches shorter
        thanks. i switched because ive always wanted an S13. Since the NFS underground days lol. But yeah, my CB was 2" lower than the S13 is and next to a mildly dropped 240, it looked like a giant.... It really pissed me off for a minute lol.

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        Looking good man, Ive been getting the itch to get a rwd convertible to have some fun with. I'll definitely be watching this
        thanks. i've got an update coming for everyone in a couple minutes...

Comment

So, got some new stuff happening...
          25mm bolt ons

205/50/16
          Front

Rear

Comment

Thank god for free tires....

slapped the tires on and could hear them rubbing so i took it around the block for kicks and to see if it would clear up a little....

NOPE. Wheel wells were pouring smoke burnout style at 50mph lol... awesome.

pulled in and saw all the melted rubber everywhere and saw a photo op....

and onto the other good stuff.
            Sr20det Swap

Cylinder 3

having it bore .020 over as soon as the pistons come in. Super excited!!!

and the Ka24de out of the Datsun 720 just for you Dustin

Comment

Shits real my friend I like.
              My bestfriend has a s13 hatch he going ka-t just finished building his ka he going to run a borg warner on 20 psi should be fun.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

yeah, Ka-t was my original plan, but the thought of having to tune everytime i change anything wasn't ideal. SR20 doesn't need a tune until you swap to a turbo bigger than a T28.

If i did, im be going T3 top mount. most likely a GT3571r. but now were getting ahead of ourselves...lol

T25 is good to about 14lbs. That should be good to around 250 wheel.... more than enough for right now.

Comment

Nice vert! i like it alot, own a s13 coupe myself except mines stock besides exhaust. Not sure what to do next since i own 2 of the money draining cars alive, a cb and a s13. but keep going hard with that vert.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Originally posted by 5spd92 View Post
                    Nice vert! i like it alot, own a s13 coupe myself except mines stock besides exhaust. Not sure what to do next since i own 2 of the money draining cars alive, a cb and a s13. but keep going hard with that vert.
                    thanks.... i know how is goes with $$$$. thats why im taking this jump in the engine trade. a little bit of $$ into it and it'll shoot the re-sale value of my car up a ton. on proper suspension an SR s13 goes for around 4-6k all day.

and i have $1200 into it right now. $1600ish after the SR rebuild including the car....

Comment

another update. dealer was giving me shit about shipping for the pistons....

so i found an entire short block (spun bearing) for $80..... so im using that block and pistons/rods with my other crank and viola. shooting for bottom end assembly tomorrow and possible installation friday. ill keep this up to date.

Comment

car is looking great!
                        hey, got a question for you.
                        did you have to trim your stock wheel studs when you put those 25mm spacers on?
                        or did they just bolt on with no modification?

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                          car is looking great!
                          hey, got a question for you.
                          did you have to trim your stock wheel studs when you put those 25mm spacers on?
                          or did they just bolt on with no modification?
                          thanks.

they bolted on just fine. i did have to use smaller lug nuts for it though.

quick update....

i broke an ARP head stud off INSIDE the SR block i just picked up.

hopefully even with this it'll be together shortly.

Comment

update......

FUCKING SR20 IS BEAST!......

got it running tonight and test drove it. O2 is not connected because the wrong one is in there atm but its good because it'll run a bit rich for break in.

ill post a parts list, price list, pics and such tomorrow when i wrap everything up....

Comment

oh well, bored and excited......

Comment

very nice looks like it coming along very well
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X