No announcement yet.

evil_demon_01 : 2003 Holden SS Ute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes this is one of those vehicles that i love i wish they had them over here because i would take it tail gating

Haha but nice ride i am really digging this and the color is sharp.

Comment

Wow what a beautiful and unique car! Ive always been facinated with Holden, so similar to other GM vehicles, but their vehicles have such a unique non-US style to them.

After seeing what a stock Ute looks like, yours looks fantastic (although even in stock form they are quite neat). When I saw the first pic I figured I had no idea about what the car might be like, but after looking at the underhood shot it's all so familiar to cars that I work on everyday here.

I worked on a GTO the other day, which is of course Aussie made by Holden. I thought of you for some reason, even though you dont know me, but I've been lurking on the site for so long I am familier with you and where you live, so I guess that was the mental connection lol

BTW the background shots in your pics are amazing too, New Zealand is such a beautiful place, I would love to visit some day, however my eyes would hurt from staring at all the different cars

I dont think I could drive a car there though, I couldnt get used the the steering wheel on the wrong, I mean other side

Nice car, good job!
      ON_N20
      Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Originally posted by ON_N20 View Post
        Wow what a beautiful and unique car! Ive always been facinated with Holden, so similar to other GM vehicles, but their vehicles have such a unique non-US style to them.

After seeing what a stock Ute looks like, yours looks fantastic (although even in stock form they are quite neat). When I saw the first pic I figured I had no idea about what the car might be like, but after looking at the underhood shot it's all so familiar to cars that I work on everyday here.

I worked on a GTO the other day, which is of course Aussie made by Holden. I thought of you for some reason, even though you dont know me, but I've been lurking on the site for so long I am familier with you and where you live, so I guess that was the mental connection lol

BTW the background shots in your pics are amazing too, New Zealand is such a beautiful place, I would love to visit some day, however my eyes would hurt from staring at all the different cars

I dont think I could drive a car there though, I couldnt get used the the steering wheel on the wrong, I mean other side

Nice car, good job!
        Thanks man
        I havn't really had much money or time to do anything new to it (other than tyres)

But time will tell . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

And here's some new pics:

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Wow I like the new pics too! The center picture against the wall of graffiti is a neat shot too, it adds color to the whole picture, as if your car doesnt pop pretty good as it is.

Ive been trying to figure out what the small circlular lens things are near the bottom of the headlight assemblies. Are they a light of some sort, or pop out washer maybe?
            ON_N20
            Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Originally posted by ON_N20 View Post
              Wow I like the new pics too! The center picture against the wall of graffiti is a neat shot too, it adds color to the whole picture, as if your car doesnt pop pretty good as it is.

Ive been trying to figure out what the small circlular lens things are near the bottom of the headlight assemblies. Are they a light of some sort, or pop out washer maybe?
              They are just the park lights, Not sure why they did it (the facelift model (VZ) excluded them) But it was genuinely one of the things that made me love this model (VY)

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                Only downfall at the moment is that winter is coming, ANY form of wet road mixed with more that a light touch of throttle, results in instant drifting.
                ...and that's bad because? Other than those silly anti-hooning laws.

Needs more blower man...don't all Australian cars have blowers sticking out of the hood? I think there's an Australian movie or something with a guy with a supercharger driving around real fast. I'm using that movie to base my assumption that all Aussie cars have blowers. (see signature and user name)

Comment

That scenic view picture is my favorite without a doubt.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

These things are so bad ass. The El Camino lives on!

Love everything about yours, it's just too cool.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                      ...and that's bad because? Other than those silly anti-hooning laws.

Needs more blower man...don't all Australian cars have blowers sticking out of the hood? I think there's an Australian movie or something with a guy with a supercharger driving around real fast. I'm using that movie to base my assumption that all Aussie cars have blowers. (see signature and user name)
                      Because it always tries to catch me out when it drifts sideways and then a cop appears
                      I havn't been pulled over yet thankfully, but not having the option of traction control genuinely sucks sometimes.

I thought about a blower, but I really think I'd be happier with twin turbos, Imagine the torque

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      That scenic view picture is my favorite without a doubt.
                      Thanks Man, I really should go out and do more of those, just to show more of the NZ scenery round here.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      These things are so bad ass. The El Camino lives on!

Love everything about yours, it's just too cool.
                      Thanks Mike

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                      X