SOHC-FTW: 94 Toyota Celica ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOHC-FTW: 94 Toyota Celica ST

Welp decieded it's time to move on from hondas for a little bit and try something else, i acquired a yota not to long ago, and i've decieded to just part out my accord and move on (I'm sticking around forsure as i will have another accord someday and i actually enjoy the site).

Car handles great i like the look and it gets great gas mileage all ya really need in a dd. They won't be to much go fast parts put on this car, but it happens.

Anyway heres a quick run down of the car in a link.....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190730

Heres a few old pictures from like a year ago.

Most recent pix i've taken (Today had to clean up the VC went with the old school look that matched the valve cover lines)

Engine/Drivetrain:
    Swaped 94 7afe (old one spun a rod bearing).
    New OE clutch kit.
    Tune up.

Plans:
    Ebay header, Vibrant chambered muffler, kool blue drop in filter with 2.5 SRI pipe ran into the stock box, Very mild regrinds probably 260's from delta.

Chassis/Suspension:
    Stock aswell for now.

Plans:
    Good set of springs, strut bar, and wheels 16's probably.

Exterior:
    Pretty rough.

Plans:
    Home depot lip (Fronts smashed up),Winshield.

Interior:
    Same as the exterior.

Plans:
    Clean it up i love the interiors in these cars feels like a mini cockpit.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 05-31-2012, 02:27 AM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Homedepot lip installed yesterday it def needs some mesh, but doesn't look half bad for $10 including the rivets.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Black hood, hatch, and mesh coming soon.

02 Crv

Comment

Thats one hell of a deal you got on this car bro Am curious to see where this goes.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
          Thats one hell of a deal you got on this car bro Am curious to see where this goes.
          Yeah just burnt out on hondas i plan on finishing the cb (Getting it road worthy) and selling it.

As for the celica i don't have any crazy plans for it as i don't want another project so it will be pretty basic as far as performance goes and every other aspect aswell. I should have the hood done in a day or too, i ran into some fish eye issues yesterday so had to fix that today so i can hopefully spray it tomorrow.

02 Crv

Comment

Not the best picture but it'll do for now (My cells camera screen is scratched as you can see). I'm going to wet sand it and do 2 more coats atleast, but with this ME it has to dry for awhile before you can sand or shoot it again in like a week plus CHEAP PAINT WOOT.

Bisimoto tag frame LAWL.

02 Crv

Comment

Pretty sick celica, i NEVER see this gen around here except for in the yards.

Hope you are able to get it up to premier status.

Sucks you are burnt on cb's

Nice job on the lip man.

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                Pretty sick celica, i NEVER see this gen around here except for in the yards.

Hope you are able to get it up to premier status.

Sucks you are burnt on cb's

Nice job on the lip man.
                Not just cb's hondas period i've been messing with them since 06. This celicas just as simple, but also different and that's a good thing.

Appreciate it i'll get it to looking halfway decent.

02 Crv

Comment

Hatch and spoiler are probably getting sprayed this week end. Aswell as finishing up my intake should have some updates if all goes right.

Then all she will need is a battery, windshield, and header for the time being.

02 Crv

Comment

Progress on non mechanically things got pushed back. Had to trace down an electrical issue that turned out to be a bad clutch safety switch, i also timed her she was a good bit off seems to be better.

Anyway atleast the yotas running again.

02 Crv

Comment

Got a Neg rep addressed to this thread that said..... "Giving up?"

Nope moving forward, the only main concern of my current entire cb project was the engine it has been done for quite sometime now. The liitle shit it needs kept stacking up tail lights, corners, window track, cluster, tires, sway bushings, upper bj's, need to finish the body work/prime and seal it i'm sure if i continued looking i'd find more. Now if i was building a track car some of that wouldn't matter, but i wanted a decent dd the shell just isn't worth it to me.

I did some work to a yota and got offered a deal a fool would only refuse. Mechanically it is great now since i've owned it, i've fixed everything it runs like a champ, sticks in the corners, gets around 40mpg and looks decent i can't and won't complain. To be road worthy it needs a windshield ($92) vs the cb needing alot more $ than it's worth. So yeah i've "Moved on" for now to something that sparks my interests more and is just as simple with greater chassis potential.

02 Crv

Comment

I still stick around here because i like the community aswell as the chassis. I still am and will continue contributing help to others as i've always done. Nothing has changed other than i gave up on a shell and moved on to another good japanese brand of car. Sometimes you've go to change it up abit, i've owned 6+ hondas since 06 and i'm a car enthusiast not just honda or the cb chassis.

Hope this clears up a few things.

On another note i fixed the timing on the celica it was 15+ retarded with fouled denso's (Reeked of fuel) replaced those with ngk's and she run's 20x better 0-60 used to be around 13+ now it's 9-10 like it supposed to be (Even have 200lbs of crap in the car easy) never missed a beat when i had it out on some mountain back roads.
                        Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 06-19-2012, 03:03 AM.

02 Crv

Comment

Should have my intake done here soon, i got a wicked deal on a K&N off ebay $15 shipped brand new also had to order a coupling for the TB.

Will probably get a exhaust mani and a chambered SS muffler here soon aswell.

02 Crv

Comment

Heres a few tiny updates and random pictures, excuse the nasty ass engine bay i plan to clean it as soon as possible.

Intake (Swiss cheese air box/K&N filter/Stanless steel pipping) Still need to get somemore hose clamps though!

Add'ed the spec's to the cam gear sides of the VC.

Old plugs.

Header ordered and should be here this week.

02 Crv

Comment

Abit of an update.... Intake, Shell textured black painted block, DNA header.

That's about it as far as the engine performance goes everything done had to be be replaced reguardless so i upgraded abit. The only other thing i can see in it's future that might be related is a muffler but it will be more so for looks and sound as most are.
                              Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 07-24-2012, 01:41 AM.

02 Crv

Comment

Working...
                              X