• Time
  • Show
Clear All

...shocking :P

Comment

Good shit man
      wat?

Comment

The 84 is looking decent! How's the 87 coming along? Don't tell me I got an LQ4 before you did.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          Good shit man
          Thanks!

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          The 84 is looking decent! How's the 87 coming along? Don't tell me I got an LQ4 before you did.
          Thanks man. The 87...hmmm...

Still sitting in pieces in the garage. I'm still working on getting some of the bigger tools (namely, my 60 gallon compressor) before I really dive in. I want to do as much as possible on it, from sandblasting the frame, to painting it. I did wire up my garage with fluorescent lights, 4 more 120V outlets, and two 30 amp 230V outlets for my welder and compressor, so I'm getting there. That progress will be slowed down by the fact that I'm about to drop another grand on regearing the axle in my 84' to 3.73s and replacing all the bearings and seals.

So, yeah...you beat me on the LQ4!
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Yes don't worry, I know all about projects and the time they can take. Just giving ya shit.

Technically I didn't beat you, my GF did. She bought a cammed LQ4/T56 drivetrain that happens to be in a 94 Camaro. I'll have to post it up, its pretty crazy.

Comment

Went junkyarding and picked up a new driver's side lower control arm and a front anti-roll bar. My control arm took a hit at one point, it's bent pretty good. Since my truck was an straight six truck, it was pretty light duty and had no sway bar, so it rolls pretty good around corners. I got lucky and found a factory one that someone had added to their truck, so it was bolted on and I could easily remove it. Factory trucks had the brackets riveted on. Oh, the guy I went junkyarding with also gave me an electronic speedo cluster (needed for a 5.3L swap in my 87'), a digital compass rearview mirror, and a jeep steering shaft (think $300 Borgeson U-joint steering shaft, but on the cheap).
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I added a factory bar to mine to help smooth out towing. The guy I got it from torched the rivets off, so I had to grind melted rivet off the brackets. 3/8" x 1.5 in bolts are what fit if you need extras.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                  Went junkyarding and picked up a new driver's side lower control arm and a front anti-roll bar. My control arm took a hit at one point, it's bent pretty good. Since my truck was an straight six truck, it was pretty light duty and had no sway bar, so it rolls pretty good around corners. I got lucky and found a factory one that someone had added to their truck, so it was bolted on and I could easily remove it. Factory trucks had the brackets riveted on. Oh, the guy I went junkyarding with also gave me an electronic speedo cluster (needed for a 5.3L swap in my 87'), a digital compass rearview mirror, and a jeep steering shaft (think $300 Borgeson U-joint steering shaft, but on the cheap).
                  Awesome scores!

Comment

I added a factory bar to mine to help smooth out towing. The guy I got it from torched the rivets off, so I had to grind melted rivet off the brackets. 3/8" x 1.5 in bolts are what fit if you need extras.
                    Haha, sounds like fun. Thanks for the info on the bolts, I left them all behind at the JY since they were pretty hammered, so I'll need new ones.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Awesome scores!
                    Thanks! Looking forward to rebuilding the suspension on this thing. Gonna save up for a new or rebuilt steering box, do all new bushings in the arms and swaybar, and then all the Moog goodies I already bought are going on.

Comment

In the middle of a full suspension rebuild on this one...finally! One of the front contrl arms took a major hit at some point before I bought the truck and was loose on the shaft. Got a new a-arm and all new parts. Also scored a factory swaybar off the truck I got the a-arm from. It had been added by the owner, so I was able to just unbolt the brackets and bar and take it with me (no grinding/drilling factory rivets, woo!!!)

Just waiting for wheel bearings, swaybar bushings, and wheel seals to show up today, and it's all going back together. Should ride like a new truck, since I am replacing EVERYTHING:

Idler Arm - MOOG Part # K6247T
                      Pitman Arm - MOOG Part # K6143
                      Tie Rod - MOOG Part # ES409LT x2
                      Tie Rod - MOOG Part # ES409RT x2
                      Tie Rod Sleeves - MOOG Part # ES2004S
                      Lower Balljoints - MOOG Part # K6117T x2
                      Upper Balljoints - MOOG Part # K6136 x2
                      Rear Shocks - KYB Part # 344072 GR2 x2
                      Front Shocks - KYB Part # 344068 GR2 x2
                      Upper Arm Bushings - MOOG Part # K6138 x2
                      Lower Arm Bushings - MOOG Part # K6137 x2
                      Inner Wheel Bearing - TIMKEN Part # SET6 x2 - (C10, NON-heavy half)
                      Outer Wheel Bearing - TIMKEN Part # SET3 x2 -
                      Inner Wheal Seal - TIMKEN Part # 8871 x2 - (C10, NON-heavy half)
                      Swaybar Bushings - MOOG Part # K6169 x2 - (For 1-1/16" swaybar)
                      Brake Hose Left - BENDIX Part # 77299 - (For light duty 1" rotors)
                      Brake Hose Right - BENDIX Part # 77300 - (For light duty 1" rotors)

Bent old control arm:

New bushings and balljoints in greasy old a-arms:

[/QUOTE]

Comment

What, no drop spindles?

According to that last pic, looks like the walker y-pipe I bought will fit my truck. Thanks man, and good work. Now work on the 87.

I just read one of your past posts. Does the Cherokee steering shaft fit our trucks? I picked up one for the Malibu, guess I could always get another one.

Comment

What, no drop spindles?

According to that last pic, looks like the walker y-pipe I bought will fit my truck. Thanks man, and good work. Now work on the 87.

I just read one of your past posts. Does the Cherokee steering shaft fit our trucks? I picked up one for the Malibu, guess I could always get another one.
                          No drop spindles here, just a good factory ride work truck.

I actually have one of those walker Y-pipes that I need to install as well, it's been sitting in my garage for almost a year now. I do plan to roll my 87' frame into the garage once I put this thing back together and get started on it.

I'll check on the Jeep shaft and see what it came from. Oh, and thanks for your tip above on the bolt size for the swaybar, went out and bought some grade 8 hardware and it's a perfect match.

Comment

I'm about 98% sure it would fit the steering box, I believe they all use the same series Saginaw box (600 IIRC), I'm just wondering if it would fit the bottom of the column. Might as well try it.

NP on the bolts.

Comment

I'm about 98% sure it would fit the steering box, I believe they all use the same series Saginaw box (600 IIRC), I'm just wondering if it would fit the bottom of the column. Might as well try it.

NP on the bolts.
                              I think they fit 79' and up columns, so you should be good.

Comment

All back together now...

This suspension was WORN OUT. I matched up the new tie-rod length with the old ones, and used all the original shims for camber adjustment...Let's just say I have a TON of positive camber, and crazy toe-in. Going for alignment first thing in the morning (just down the street, thankfully).

Comment

Working...
                                X