Comment

Junkyard

Comment

sigh.... damn, my yards suck

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Took a gamble and picked up a transmission yesterday from the junkyard for $125

The engine had been removed and the transmission was just sitting in the engine bay on the ground

It didn't seem to be in bad shape and the fluid looked clean enough for me

I took the gamble and bought it

A friend and I knocked it out today, 7 hours worth of labor and we pulled the old one out and got the new one in

Everything went smoothly and now the car drives and all 4 gears work.

The 1-2 shift is somewhat hard under full throttle but besides that the car runs and drives fine, under normal conditions everything is great.

Comment

GREAT find!!! Fuel injected ex is good.... I would have just converted it to 5 speed.... you can still do a mini me in it and use an auto p28....

Easy to do and converting to obd1 is pretty easy too... can retain the distributor too.
            WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by da9b16 View Post
              GREAT find!!! Fuel injected ex is good.... I would have just converted it to 5 speed.... you can still do a mini me in it and use an auto p28....

Easy to do and converting to obd1 is pretty easy too... can retain the distributor too.
              That is literally the most i'd be willing to do for this car

I thought about a 5 speed swap but i didn't really want to go through with it, it would cost alot of extra money than if i just kept the car a 5 speed.

Being me i would have to buy it a brand new clutch and fly wheel which is a over a hundred right there alone, then theres more for the transmission itself, pedals ( which need to be from a cruise control equipped car ) shift rods, gauge cluster and clutch cable.

Comment

Fuckit. Rattle can that hoe with flat green and paint the fighter jet mouth and eyes on the side.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I did what he said and I need to wetsand and do another couple of coats and wetsand again and Im done. I started this last week with all the body work.

WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

It threw a rod this morning. Great now I have to swap it

Comment

One of these things is not like the other

New engine ( d15b6 )

8 valves of fury

My goal is to get 40mpg + with this car

The d15b6 is from an 88-91 CRX HF, it makes about 72HP lol. The matching transmission has very long gears.

Comment

Over sized bicycle brake pads LOL

I did a rear disc swap on it

Comment

Had a ed6 with a b6 in it, but it had an si trans and ecu it was peppy and got well over 40mpg. The HF trans is good for trip's for sure.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Not a bad pick up there for the price.

Why everyone that owns rattier old Hondas paint their hoods flat black is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                              Not a bad pick up there for the price.

Why everyone that owns rattier old Hondas paint their hoods flat black is beyond me.
                              Better than doing the entire car, IMO.

Comment

Lol, that first picture with the cavalier in the back has a broken rear windshield.

Comment

Working...
                                X