Accrdwgnguy : 1994 Camaro LQ4/T56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accrdwgnguy : 1994 Camaro LQ4/T56

Hello all, thought I'd share with you my GF's new toy.

This Camaro was originally a V6 5 speed car, now equipped with a 2002 6.0L with a T56. Swap was done by the previous owner, he had to let it go due to other expenses.

Mods:
    2002 LQ4 6.0L
    LS1 intake and accessory drive
    90mm T/B, custom CAI
    GM Hotcam, double roller chain
    ported oil pump
    36 lb/hr injectors
    FAST fuel rails, -8 AN lines all the way to the tank
    Long tube headers, 3in single exhaust, single flowmaster.
    3.54 rear disc axle from a 98+
    T56 six speed, Z06 clutch/flywheel

Already had to fix some things (no vacuum connected to FPR) but there is plenty more to do! The wiring is scary to say the least, but the car runs. The fans are on a manual switch, which is not necessary. The PO put together a custom dash with autometer gauges, half the gauges work currently,and there is no SES light. There is no underdash F/B and half the wiring was done with HomeDepot wire. The headlights don't work. Luckily I also got the stock gauge cluster with the car, so I'll be re-installing that along with building a new underdash harness.

Pics:

Its a good start at least, and I did get the complete car for the cost of the drivetrain. For the past week I've been putting in some time de-wiring the dashboard. Its a mess to say the least, but I've made headway.

I started with this.

Bunch of autometer gauges, generic digital speedometer, tiny tach in front of speedometer.

Progress:

Mostly cutting and tracing wiring. My plan is to restore basic circuits to the car for lighting, radio, wipers, etc. Re-install the stock gauge cluster. I have Delphi style 4 gang fuse blocks for the dash, since the underdash F/B is gone.

Hopefully all done and working in a week.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Current progress:

Lights wired.
    HVAC wired.
    Wipers wired.
    Gauge cluster in and mostly wired.
    Steering column is in but not connected yet.

Once the interior wiring is done and back together I will move on to under the hood.

Comment

Nice score man. Thats a beast

Motor pics

MR THREAD: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196078

Comment

Nice little project there, and the fact that the swap is already done is a bonus.
        Keen to see the progress

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Steelies with chrome cap's please...... police status. And a money shot?

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll get some engine pics tomorrow while I'm re-wiring the fans.

Got 2 steelies and 8 of the 5-spoke wheels. So 5-spokes it is!

Comment

That thing is gonna be fun after the wiring nightmare is fixed.

Nice score. Sleeper.

Comment

Fixed the wiring nightmare! All lights work properly, stock gauge cluster is wired in, fixed the fans so they are activated by the PCM as they should be.

Money shot:

Yep PVC cold air intake. Need a clamp. The guy also built that high mount alternator bracket to clear space for turbo piping.

Interior today:

I replaced the steering column because of issues with the old column, thats with the wheels straight ahead, the guy hacked the old column so he could stick the wheel on in any position now we need an alignment to fix.

Hey its all together and (hopefully) driveable. The little tach in the radio pocket is there until the PCM is reprogrammed to output the right signal to the gauge cluster.

Comment

How much more power does this have compared to a 5.0 fox body stang?

Comment

This thing would put a fox to shame the highest hp 5.0 was the 93 svt at like 230hp and 280ish tq, now saleen did do a fox but few and even farther between than the svt. The fox didn't have a true thumper in the bay from the factory but it was light.

I bet this thing is a tq monster nice setup.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
                      How much more power does this have compared to a 5.0 fox body stang?
                      No idea. Should be around 480 crank HP, car craft did an almost idenical build a couple years ago except they used a carb.

http://www.carcraft.com/projectbuild...k/viewall.html

Same block, cam, valve springs, and long tube headers. I'll find out for sure when I get the dyno tune.

Comment

Wow man nice project! I have been wanting to get my hands on a Camaro Z28 with T56 tranny for the longest.

Looks like you maybe a little more accurate from a V8 cluster than the v6 but in all man your doing some great work.

Comment

The LS1 PCM outputs a 4cyl tach pulse, you can adjust the output signal using a tuning program. I'll just have it re-programed to 6cyl pulse unless I find a LT1 150mph cluster before the tune is done.

Comment

Good stuff, i bet that exhaust sounds NICE!!!!!

Comment

Came home to this last night I thought it was a good shot.

The head lights look so evil. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X