No announcement yet.

TracieS : 1988 Mazda RX-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he ment a carbureted intake. I know if using vortec heads and a carb setup you need the vortec specific intake.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I really want a ls6 but gotta take what I can find because the truck manifold is way to tall to even run a hood.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Looks like the previous owner was an Initial D fan (Red Suns decal). I'm not a fan of V8 swap in RX-7s imo it ruins the name Rotary eXperiment 7, and makes the suspension wonky. I respect you for your choice on engine replacement. To each his own. Can't wait for the outcome

Comment

Nice find man!Ive always been an rx7 fan.Seeing how well your cb7 turned out Im sure this ones gonna end up looking damn good too.Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
            I really want a ls6 but gotta take what I can find because the truck manifold is way to tall to even run a hood.
            Oh I know it is, but the gains from either an LS6 over an LS2 are significant. The LS6 manifold is the only difference between the LS1 engines produced from '97-'00 and the ones from '01-'04. GM calls it 5hp but dynos show a lot more. An LS1 camshaft should be dirt cheap to come by and it would make for a decent boost in power and excellent driveability.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Love the redsuns sticker! haha

8 Accords so far:
              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                Oh I know it is, but the gains from either an LS6 over an LS2 are significant. The LS6 manifold is the only difference between the LS1 engines produced from '97-'00 and the ones from '01-'04. GM calls it 5hp but dynos show a lot more. An LS1 camshaft should be dirt cheap to come by and it would make for a decent boost in power and excellent driveability.
                Yea ive been on ls1tech looking for stuff and most everything I need can be had for cheap only major expense im have to drop is for a ls t56. But my buddy trying to find me one around town for chep.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Nice man!
                  I love this gen of rx7

I can't wait to see how it turns out!

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                  BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                  Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                  CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Well Ive been on ls1tech all day buying parts I better stay off there or im going to go broke lol. Ls1 intake fuel rail and injectors acquired. fbody oil pan and pick up. Next on the list after mantice to the accord since its my daily is PSI stand alone harness and pcm with a map on it.
                    Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
                    Nice man!
                    I love this gen of rx7

I can't wait to see how it turns out!
                    thanks.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Nice, love these

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Well went and got some work done on the car Got the engine bay pretty much stripped need to unhook the headlight harness and that whole harness will be ready to come out. Got the racing beat exhaust removed and also the drive shaft. The bay will need to be repainted because the drive side is flacking up from brake fluid and gunk so ill try and knock that out sometime in next few weeks. And also removed thsoe RedSuns stickers lol

Also got the old clutch master out and ready for the new hinson motorsports master setup for a t56 throw out bearing.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Working...
                        X