Smokinspeeds : 1996 Honda Civic EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The link doesn't work for me

It's good your getting the work done all correctly! Can't wait to see this beast! It should be done by the Honda fetish meet at SGP in 2 weeks huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
      The link doesn't work for me

It's good your getting the work done all correctly! Can't wait to see this beast! It should be done by the Honda fetish meet at SGP in 2 weeks huh?
      It would have been done already if it didn't have a trashed clutch and flywheel. Lets just say there were so many small problems that a 2.6k swap turned into 4k.... Clutch looks like a cheap XTD and it and the flywheel are roasted. By the time I do brakes and suspension and tint this will be 10k+ invested and I did not plan for half that.

On a plus note I found some nice black 97+ prelude seats to swap into it, but I may put the black ones in the CB to match and the dark grey in the civic instead.

PICs!

Map sensor was held in by one tap screw with an upside down nut used as a washer...

Trans mount... lets just say its literally hand loose..

Flywheel..

Clutch..

New Motor!

Shop Odyssey that also has a H23A Vtec

My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Back From The Dead!

So after a bill much too large, she is back from the dead. Almost nothing was functional that was touched the the previous owner(s). Had to have the header replaced, the TB is pretty much trashed so we used the one off the import motor, axle had to be rebooted, tranny and flywheel had to be replaced, and much rewiring had to be done which resulted in a lot of zip ties that don't look too clean but are a needed to keep things from coming apart.

I polished and waxed a good bit, added some sweet VMS Star fender washers to dress up the engine bay, and just had the tint redone. I swapped in some 97+ black prelude seats, MUCH easier swap than the accord swap, no drilling required. I have a few nuances to be addressed shortly, such as the window switch not working on the driver side, the odometer doesn't turn and I just realized hasn't since I bought the car, and the radio went into protect mode right after I got it back so thats not working either.

PICS!

Comment

Ouch.
          This scenario sounds soooo, so very familiar .

Have you put a skid plate in front of your new oil pan?
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
            Ouch.
            This scenario sounds soooo, so very familiar .

Have you put a skid plate in front of your new oil pan?
            No, Ive been thinking about what I can do but I have never seen any plate or anything on a civic before so I'm not sure how to go about it. The headers are a bit lower than the oil pan so they would go first. The old headers were smashed to half size.

Comment

I got space for that double swap. I'm about to be doing some playing around with my CB7s in the next two weeks. Let me know when you got time.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                I got space for that double swap. I'm about to be doing some playing around with my CB7s in the next two weeks. Let me know when you got time.
                No double swap, civic is staying how it is. I could get my investment out of the civic, not the cb. The cb motor pulls great, but the whistles and squeaks and leaks are just not cool for a daily driven car. Maybe I can round up the parts for a rebuild if you still have space this fall. I can't afford anything else before our wedding in august.

Comment

I'm not sure if you remember this B20 turbo build I had done.

But I made a 1/4" skid plate on it.
                  Heck after wrecking off the road in the GSX and crushing the oil pan I had done the same for it too.

"Self Renewed"

Comment

Wow I never saw that car. Do you have pics of the plate? What gauge did you use and how did you brace it?

Man I hit a little vtec for the first time.. it def never worked on the first motor, which makes sense since it wasn't getting any oil flow from the crushed oil return. WOW.... This thing pulls like its on more crack than Charlie Sheen.. I drove a jdm h22 prelude before I bought the civic, this is much much faster. I will take it to the track soon and get a vid for you guys. The h23a vtec is beast. The torque 3-4k is crazy, I can mash in 5th at 50mph and pass people like third in my accord..

Comment

SICK... want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1995-Ho.../360683014136?

Comment

video please
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Definitely a bum deal with the civic, man. But I'm glad you got it back up and running! I'm sure that set you back a little but that's any project

So you plan on DD the civic?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

I will get a video most likely after the wedding. I am beyond pinching pennies at this point with the wedding in two weeks, and I just have this feeling an axle is going to shred to pieces or snap if I lay into it. I don't remember it vibrating like it now does before the passenger axle was rebooted, I'm wondering if the shop did something wrong or perhaps it's just because this motor has more power than the original bum swap.

The plan is to get a new swap axle set after the wedding while this set is still intact, so I can always have a spare if I snap one and avoid downtime.

I desparately need to work on the brakes as well, the only issue with that is it doesn't seem that I have an abs system, but I might have abs setup rotors, like someone partially removed abs but ignored the rotors, so I need to figure if I can get the non abs rotors or if I need to still order abs parts. That and the sinking pedal after its warmed up, beyond a full flush I think I will replace the master brake cylinder as well when I do it.

It will get some tlc soon, in the meantime I have pics from Honda fetish to share, I will get those posted when I get a chance.

Comment

I am late on pics, still hah.. I picked up some 4 piston willwoods for stock size rotors.. pwdjm had a killer deal so I grabbedit, just need brembo blanks. Best brake per buck, and I won't have to add extra rotating weight.

Comment

Anything new with the civic? I'd like to see a video of it one day when you get some time.
                                Freedom Is Not Free
                                U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Working...
                                X