No announcement yet.

Smokinspeeds : 1996 Honda Civic EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure you guys LOVE my text only updates...

Throwout bearing is trashed as of four weeks ago, or about 1.2k miles after rebuild. Not happy, and now I have to force it into first and drive it down to my parents garage and drop the bearing to put an oem one in.

Not happy.

If I do successfully get this done this weekend, I will try to run it at Honda fetish shootout this Sunday to get a quarter mile time, and that will mean video.

I had one one tuner scare the crap out of me for using a basemap, and another who said I won't break it with just boltons on a base map. Either way I will be ordering an aem wideband uego just to keep an eye on it, and maybe I will play with maps a bit myself as I do have a burner and usb datalog cable in my closet that was meant for the accord.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Thought these were cool..

It's eBay, I know, but I like the look and feel.

Got a steal on the best thing I can do brake wise south of 500$, still need rotors then I will have extra strong, 15 inch friendly brakes.

Did I mention they are four piston? .. yeah..

Comment

Willwoods are on, i think they just getting broken in. The brake master cyl is def bad, will install when weather is better along with stainless lines all around. If I'm not mistaken these look like they will fit stock accord 10.3" rotors as well, if so they would be a good brake option esp for someone wanting to run a drag setup and not add weight from larger rotors =)..

Have a wideband that will go back and forth from this and the accord finally, I think I might play with tuning a bit and see how confident I feel. I am shooting for high numbers though so the civic will probably see a tuner when I have money for better headers and some water/meth spray, I want to see what numbers I can make dyno and track without nitrous before I decide if I want to go that route.

There are still lots of little wiring headaches with this car, the engine harness looks like trash but I can't mess with it until the accord is running well enough for me to afford downtime. This year should see a lot of plans from the past ten finally coming about

Comment

Still working on the civic?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Hah I haven't posted updates in forever. Have it, motor is now in a 94 wagon actually. This thing is going back stock and getting sold. I'm too big and the h23a tore all the mounts up, it needed constant work to daily. Is was fun realing in mustang cobras on the highway though..

Comment

Working...
            X