Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Hah I haven't posted updates in forever. Have it, motor is now in a 94 wagon actually. This thing is going back stock and getting sold. I'm too big and the h23a tore all the mounts up, it needed constant work to daily. Is was fun realing in mustang cobras on the highway though..

Leave a comment:

• baracuda
    replied
    Still working on the civic?

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Willwoods are on, i think they just getting broken in. The brake master cyl is def bad, will install when weather is better along with stainless lines all around. If I'm not mistaken these look like they will fit stock accord 10.3" rotors as well, if so they would be a good brake option esp for someone wanting to run a drag setup and not add weight from larger rotors =)..

Have a wideband that will go back and forth from this and the accord finally, I think I might play with tuning a bit and see how confident I feel. I am shooting for high numbers though so the civic will probably see a tuner when I have money for better headers and some water/meth spray, I want to see what numbers I can make dyno and track without nitrous before I decide if I want to go that route.

There are still lots of little wiring headaches with this car, the engine harness looks like trash but I can't mess with it until the accord is running well enough for me to afford downtime. This year should see a lot of plans from the past ten finally coming about

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Thought these were cool..

It's eBay, I know, but I like the look and feel.

Got a steal on the best thing I can do brake wise south of 500$, still need rotors then I will have extra strong, 15 inch friendly brakes.

Did I mention they are four piston? .. yeah..

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    I'm sure you guys LOVE my text only updates...

Throwout bearing is trashed as of four weeks ago, or about 1.2k miles after rebuild. Not happy, and now I have to force it into first and drive it down to my parents garage and drop the bearing to put an oem one in.

Not happy.

If I do successfully get this done this weekend, I will try to run it at Honda fetish shootout this Sunday to get a quarter mile time, and that will mean video.

I had one one tuner scare the crap out of me for using a basemap, and another who said I won't break it with just boltons on a base map. Either way I will be ordering an aem wideband uego just to keep an eye on it, and maybe I will play with maps a bit myself as I do have a burner and usb datalog cable in my closet that was meant for the accord.

Leave a comment:

• benjerman112
    replied
    Anything new with the civic? I'd like to see a video of it one day when you get some time.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    I am late on pics, still hah.. I picked up some 4 piston willwoods for stock size rotors.. pwdjm had a killer deal so I grabbedit, just need brembo blanks. Best brake per buck, and I won't have to add extra rotating weight.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    I will get a video most likely after the wedding. I am beyond pinching pennies at this point with the wedding in two weeks, and I just have this feeling an axle is going to shred to pieces or snap if I lay into it. I don't remember it vibrating like it now does before the passenger axle was rebooted, I'm wondering if the shop did something wrong or perhaps it's just because this motor has more power than the original bum swap.

The plan is to get a new swap axle set after the wedding while this set is still intact, so I can always have a spare if I snap one and avoid downtime.

I desparately need to work on the brakes as well, the only issue with that is it doesn't seem that I have an abs system, but I might have abs setup rotors, like someone partially removed abs but ignored the rotors, so I need to figure if I can get the non abs rotors or if I need to still order abs parts. That and the sinking pedal after its warmed up, beyond a full flush I think I will replace the master brake cylinder as well when I do it.

It will get some tlc soon, in the meantime I have pics from Honda fetish to share, I will get those posted when I get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• AAPOQ
    replied
    Definitely a bum deal with the civic, man. But I'm glad you got it back up and running! I'm sure that set you back a little but that's any project

So you plan on DD the civic?

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied
    video please

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    SICK... want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1995-Ho.../360683014136?

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Wow I never saw that car. Do you have pics of the plate? What gauge did you use and how did you brace it?

Man I hit a little vtec for the first time.. it def never worked on the first motor, which makes sense since it wasn't getting any oil flow from the crushed oil return. WOW.... This thing pulls like its on more crack than Charlie Sheen.. I drove a jdm h22 prelude before I bought the civic, this is much much faster. I will take it to the track soon and get a vid for you guys. The h23a vtec is beast. The torque 3-4k is crazy, I can mash in 5th at 50mph and pass people like third in my accord..

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied
    I'm not sure if you remember this B20 turbo build I had done.

But I made a 1/4" skid plate on it.
    Heck after wrecking off the road in the GSX and crushing the oil pan I had done the same for it too.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    I got space for that double swap. I'm about to be doing some playing around with my CB7s in the next two weeks. Let me know when you got time.
    No double swap, civic is staying how it is. I could get my investment out of the civic, not the cb. The cb motor pulls great, but the whistles and squeaks and leaks are just not cool for a daily driven car. Maybe I can round up the parts for a rebuild if you still have space this fall. I can't afford anything else before our wedding in august.

Leave a comment:

• wildBill83
    replied
    I got space for that double swap. I'm about to be doing some playing around with my CB7s in the next two weeks. Let me know when you got time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X