X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    update

So I was right to freak out when I Saw the oil pan all smashed in when I had the exhaust put on a week ago. Oil return was crushed and the motor was oil starved. Block has to be rebuilt and head is going to get checked at machine shop.

I may have to ditch the block and try to find an h22 block, if the head is even still good.

Wiring is a hack job and the shop says nothing looks new, so much for the timing belt having been replaced... maybe re-used off another car >.<

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Was lots of fun. Cruising on the highway it decided to pretty much blow up. I knew it didn't sound right and I should have had someone check it out before I drove it. I'm beyond pissed. Hopefully it's just the valves and I can have it rebuilt correctly.

Leave a comment:

• crazymikey
    replied
    Nice! I bet this thing is lots of fun!

Leave a comment:

• Stoner51
    replied
    P06 is a civic or del sol ECU if I remember. Neither of which have EGR.

steve

From what I read only Prelude and accord had EGR.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
    I think they use p06 or p28 so the answer should be yes you can delete it.

steve
    Unless you pay extra I think they normally convert a po6 to vtec, I did not know I could delete it with the po6. I opened it and the chip is in the bottom right when holding the ecu with pins to the left, and my po6 has the chip on the top right. Maybe it.is a po6? They cleaned off the outside very well. Everything looks crisp and clean inside, cleanest of any ecu I've seen thus far. And the USB header output is already added as well, I've got a hulog USB I was going to use on the cb that I will use later after I get a wideband.

Leave a comment:

• Stoner51
    replied
    I think they use p06 or p28 so the answer should be yes you can delete it.

steve

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Phearable ECU installed, along with the 345CC injectors. Also put some new Falken 512's on the rotas since they had way too big of tires, and put old tires on the wifes accord.

7.3k Rev Limit
    7k Check Light Shift light
    4.8k Vtec
    4.3k Full throttle start limit

Throttle is much better in the lower RPM range, the pedal response on the P13 when starting from a stop during normal driving was not good, probably due to running so lean. It was also idling around 500 rpms with it shifting every couple minutes up or down 1-200 rpms. It sticks at 1.1k now. It pops a little bit from being a tuned map vs stock, but its running better and not popping a CEL while driving. Now I Just need to figure out what ecu he used and see if I can do an EGR delete since its just scratching my skunk2 intake.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
    Looks good. With the 345 injectors you should be running the resistor box.
    I got my hondata s300 from pherable. It took less than a 9 days, me shipping them getting and me getting back.

I will have to agree tho put that motor in the CB. Its a damn icon on these boards.

steve
    That's what I figured, it must have just been the map being too far off to run it. I have a phearable ecu with basemap coming in a few days then I can put them back on.

I don't have the time/resources/place to do a double swap. If I did I would have just rebuilt the cb7's f22b dohc. This torque monster in a civic should make for a screaming n/a beast. I may throw a 75 wet shot on it for kicks, would easily put it in the 12's. I don't feel this is a car I will keep as long as I've had my cb, it's just what was in the budget that would be happy to drive for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Stoner51
    replied
    Looks good. With the 345 injectors you should be running the resistor box.
    I got my hondata s300 from pherable. It took less than a 9 days, me shipping them getting and me getting back.

I will have to agree tho put that motor in the CB. Its a damn icon on these boards.

steve

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Traded the SI wheels for some rotas. Even swap. Guy happens to lived right around the corner for me. He has a nice 95 civic coupe with a light boost build, and wanted to go way lower so he traded his rotas with big tires. A bit too big, probably going to swap them onto wife's accord. Also installed ebay 3" cb7 intake. Had to cut about 3" off the end of the pipe. Perfect angle however, I'm happy with it. Runs a bit better, but I still really need to get it tuned. Also rolled on some sound deadening in the trunk. Now there is almost no exhaust noise from the rear of the car at all, only the slight growling from the leaking header. Take care of that and it will be a great flowing 3" that is almost stock quiet!

Before:

After:

Edead v3 Roll on:

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Stupid car decided it wanted to scare me on the way to work. Got stuck either in full vacuum or what felt like full throttle acceleration while only slight throttle. I figured it might just be the map sensor not being inside vacuum (new intake get here today) but since the only variable was my changing the injectors, I put the old ones back and it runs like it did before. I guess I will wait and install them when I get a chipped ecu, for whatever reason while the h ones should have run it better on the p13, it didn't.

Also pretty sure vtec is not kicking in. I am going to soon redo some of this wiring with proper soldering, and I'll check the vtec, because at a glance it is wired up at the solenoid.
    Heading to shop shortly to have cat and resonator installed, and check on the clearance of this leaking header I need to wait ($ $) to replace.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Not bad looking, but that H23 isn't working right because it's in that Fisher price toy. It needs to go in your accord: )
    Rofl! Ima put a rear windshield sticker on it, you got beat by a fisher price toy XD

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Not bad looking, but that H23 isn't working right because it's in that Fisher price toy. It needs to go in your accord: )

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    Did work ur self.all?

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    H22 injectors installed to replace way-to-small accord injectors. Pulls much better and runs a bit better as well. Accord CAI upper pipe section is the right length, but this TB is soo much bigger I will need some hose adapters to make my old one fit, or find a bigger pipe.

Headers seam to be leaking, I thought perhaps from the flex pipe but it looks like the upper to lower bolt up is spitting some black stuff onto the block. Looking into the TriY headers, need to see if they will clear the larger H23A vtec oil pan.

Also considering (not right away, but around when I get a wideband and tuning) perhaps a 75 shot, since there is not way I will get a turbo and be able to keep AC. With the headers, TB, S2 intake mani tuned I think over 210HP should be easy, so 260-270 with nos is attainable, and would put the car in the 12 sec range. ^_^

cat and silent resonator will be here in a couple days.

Stock mirror put in to replace wink mirror, cracked windshield replaced, registration and inspection done. =)
    Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 03-18-2013, 12:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X