Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kpoweredcb7 : 2001 SKM Shifter Kart CR80

Hey guys, picked this up today!
    I bought a CR80 motor for $20 so hopefully will have videos up soon when it's driveable.

Purchased:
    26 tooth axle sprocket
    210mm brake rotor
    CDI and Coil
    stock CR80 exhaust

Need:
    brake piston seals
    brake line
    motor mount
    chain
    (2) rear wheels

Go for a ride

Last edited by KpoweredCB7; 06-02-2013, 12:17 AM.

uploaded some pictures of the motor.

Comment

these things are so much damn fun.

just don't hurt yourself!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        these things are so much damn fun.

just don't hurt yourself!
        I've never even driven one but I sat in one a few days ago and had to buy one.

Hope I don't hurt myself!

Comment

Oh wow, you are jumping into the deep end of karting right off the bat! These things are unbelievably fast. When i was working on the formula SAE team at my university, we had a shifter kart for driver training and on some course setups it would be faster than the car we were building! Only the best drivers on our team were allowed to drive it, as it could easily get away from a more inexperienced driver.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            Oh wow, you are jumping into the deep end of karting right off the bat! These things are unbelievably fast. When i was working on the formula SAE team at my university, we had a shifter kart for driver training and on some course setups it would be faster than the car we were building! Only the best drivers on our team were allowed to drive it, as it could easily get away from a more inexperienced driver.
            Ayrton Senna believed that karting was the purest form of motorsports, I just though it looked so fun so I decided to buy one.

It actually started after I got a CR80 motor for $20..

Any way I got a lot done today, but I broke off both fittings on each side of the caliper.. Trying to figure out how to get them out, so far I found an easy out won't work because I cant go deep enough without drilling into the caliper, and I am just shearing off the top of the broken fitting with a pipe wrench.

Comment

Got some new parts

Comment

Working...
              X