Ol blue : 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ol blue : 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero

I'm not very active on this site, but would like to share the car I picked up in April. I sold both of my accords and bought an eclipse for a daily beater, and I bought my girlfriend an 06 vue. Figured it was about time I treated myself to something nice.

The way the car sits is the way I bought it, except for the emblems. The front lip will get fixed and the back bumper has a few minor scuffs that will get fixed too. It has 110k on it, 6 speed manual.

Future plans:
    Upgrade the clutch for the tune
    Jzw or vtuner stage 1 or 2
    FMIC either ETS drop in replacement or put it in the front bumper
    GS downpipe and midpipe
    Custom catback exhaust
    Chrome turn signal bulbs - bought
    18 inch rims (not sure on style yet)
    Vogtland springs and koni yellows
    35% window tint
    Paint the roof black ( like the newer Mercedes)
    Maybe retrofit some projectors in the fogs to match the low hids

That's all I have for now.
    Last edited by ol blue; 06-29-2013, 11:47 PM.

I am a HUGE fan of Saab 9-3 Aeros.

I ordered a pamphlet from Saab just so I could gaze at the sexiness of these cars.

I love that when you have your turn signal on, if the oil is low or tires are low, the car waits till you've made your turn to alert you, so you're not distracted.

Sick.

Pictures aren't loading at work but i'll check back!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      I am a HUGE fan of Saab 9-3 Aeros.

I ordered a pamphlet from Saab just so I could gaze at the sexiness of these cars.

I love that when you have your turn signal on, if the oil is low or tires are low, the car waits till you've made your turn to alert you, so you're not distracted.

Sick.

Pictures aren't loading at work but i'll check back!
      I Loved this style too, had to be an aero though. Linears and Arcs just never quite did it for me. Also in 2006 they swap out the Aero's 2.0T for the 2.8t.

Comment

one of my friends has one of these. makes me want one now. think i might switch to Saab next year....

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
          one of my friends has one of these. makes me want one now. think i might switch to Saab next year....
          They are very nice cars, if you decide to get a saab stay away from the xwd. They stopped making parts for saabs so the struts are near impossible to find new. Wish I would have gotten an 07 that way I could have swapped the radio because it has the gm double din radio without fibre optic wire.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
            They are very nice cars, if you decide to get a saab stay away from the xwd. They stopped making parts for saabs so the struts are near impossible to find new. Wish I would have gotten an 07 that way I could have swapped the radio because it has the gm double din radio without fibre optic wire.
            thanks for that. ill keep that in mind. 1st thing ill be doing is suspension. lol. then wheels. then some engine mods when i can afford the tune.

Comment

No problem. I was going to get a tune first but heard it tears up the stock clutch quickly. So my first major mod will be the clutch than the tune.

Comment

Just gave the car a fresh coat of wax, and put in my chrome bulb.

Comment

Gorgeous car! I've always been a Saab and Volvo nerd at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Gorgeous car! I've always been a Saab and Volvo nerd at heart.
                    I have always loved this style when I first saw it, I will still get me an 07 volvo s40 t5 one day. Those cars handle like a damn dream.

Comment

Nice. I was looking at some S40 and V50 wagons, but strayed away because I absolutely hate the dash layout. Looks right out of a Ford Focus or Escape.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        Nice. I was looking at some S40 and V50 wagons, but strayed away because I absolutely hate the dash layout. Looks right out of a Ford Focus or Escape.
                        Thats funny you say that, because that's right around the time ford was making volvos. They did a terrible job and put there name on everything in those cars lol.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                        Wimp go low or go home haha
                        Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                        Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Just doing a little update on this car.

First off the clutch is starting to slip so it is a good time to upgrade. Problem is for a crappy spec clutch it is $850 and not to many people have good reviews for them, not much available for this car. Sachs does make a clutch for it, but is only rated for %15 better than stock and with the tune I plan to get I will be over that.

Second I will have the car paid off with taxes too and am going to flush the trans, coolant, and have the timing chain looked at.

Third if there is any money left from taxes I will be ordering a new front lip, maybe order a maptun bumper, and will be getting all the scratches and little dings removed. Also will have the windows tinted.

I am also looking for options to retrofit the foglights with, so if anyone has a recommendation for a smaller projector let me know.
                          Last edited by ol blue; 01-27-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

matchbox 2.0 projectors for fogs.
                            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                              matchbox 2.0 projectors for fogs.
                              this.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                              X