No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing this back home. Going to pick it up late next week. It's sat for a year. Been driven once during that period about 10 miles. Has been started up every few weeks and let run for 15 minutes. Has been under a car cover.

Since it's been sitting I'm told the front brakes are needing replacement. Even though they are relatively new. So I ordered a brake package from RockAuto.

Also, it's due for an oil change. If not a little over. So I bought a new Royal Purple filter and Royal Purple 10w30.

Since it will sit in my garage I will tinker on it as I have time.

Comment

I like this car. 10+ years ago when I bought my cb7 the final decision came down to an eagle talon or the cb7. I went with the cb7, but still was always curious of these. I've never driven one, always wanted to do that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        I like this car. 10+ years ago when I bought my cb7 the final decision came down to an eagle talon or the cb7. I went with the cb7, but still was always curious of these. I've never driven one, always wanted to do that too.
        Thanks! It's one of two vehicles I'd never part with.

It was different for me when I first started driving it. I tend to turn too quickly when driving it decently quick. I'll cut the corners off so to speak. I guess that's because of driving cars with so much understeer for so long. I do the same thing in my Vette. Run too close to the inside of the corner. This thing is fun. However it can be capable and almost beg to do things that aren't safe. Twisty roads it's easy to get way too serious without realizing it. I guess that's a good thing. Just trying to find the line between safe and fun is difficult. The Vette corners too but I don't trust the Vette. This thing I know won't kick out from under me. It'll just massively oversteer when it's had enough. Which had only happened once. It was very forgiving as were the circumstances. Hence why I drove it so hard.

Comment

It made it. This is a dirty picture. I spent 7 minutes at the car wash cleaning it. It looks much better. The car pretty much sat for 1 year and a week. Will post more updated picture soon. Now that it's clean and sitting in my driveway. I have all 4 vehicles at my residence now!

Comment

My wife and I detailed this today. She did most of it. It was our first time using a claybar. It looks incredible!

Comment

She’s a beaut! Anything going on with the YouTube channel?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                She’s a beaut! Anything going on with the YouTube channel?
                Thank you!

The idea is still there. Things are getting more in place as time progresses. Honestly I got caught up in making it a reality more than moving forward the idea. If that makes sense. I could probably move on it now if I wanted to. However I'm still making up my mind on what it is I want it to be. I'd rather not be a youtube success and hit on things I really care about than become "successful". It really isn't about success. It about portraying what I want to do in a specific light. It's not for everyone however I think most people will find it easy to appreciate. New ideas are coming to me daily. Which broadens the horizons but at the same time makes more decisions. Nevertheless I need to be more progressive with it and start making moves.

Comment

Just picked up a Garrett Big T28 off eBay. It's comparable to the 16g. Got it for $230 shipped. It's used of course. Genuine Garrett. The current T25 is in bad shape. So the T28 will be a nice replacement. And it's a direct bolt on for 2g's. Not like the 16g.

I'm going to pick up some gaskets. That's literally all thats needed to install it.

Will post pictures when I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    Thank you!

The idea is still there. Things are getting more in place as time progresses. Honestly I got caught up in making it a reality more than moving forward the idea. If that makes sense. I could probably move on it now if I wanted to. However I'm still making up my mind on what it is I want it to be. I'd rather not be a youtube success and hit on things I really care about than become "successful". It really isn't about success. It about portraying what I want to do in a specific light. It's not for everyone however I think most people will find it easy to appreciate. New ideas are coming to me daily. Which broadens the horizons but at the same time makes more decisions. Nevertheless I need to be more progressive with it and start making moves.
                    I would LOVE it if you ever put a YT channel together. Not a member but man, that would be useful info to the enth degree lol.

You don't have to be anyone but you Josh ...
                    You can simply shoot the topic/products without ever even showing an image of "you."

Call me sometime (if you still have my #) and I'd love to toss some concepts around with ya ..
                    Very exciting ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

hey, I use to own a dsm (400 whp gsx) back in the day! if your still running the stock mass air flow sensor you can adjust the fuel mixture by cutting the rubber/silicone circle on the bottom side and screwing the sensor up and down

regret sell it every time I see another one
                      No marathon gets easier later. ...

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                        I would LOVE it if you ever put a YT channel together. Not a member but man, that would be useful info to the enth degree lol.

You don't have to be anyone but you Josh ...
                        You can simply shoot the topic/products without ever even showing an image of "you."

Call me sometime (if you still have my #) and I'd love to toss some concepts around with ya ..
                        Very exciting ...
                        I need to acquire the camera and audio equipment here soon. I honestly don't have a problem with putting myself out on front street anymore. I used to. I'll have to grab your number from you again as I've been through a few phones since our last conversation. I'm pretty excited about it myself! 2019... I'm going to do it this coming year.

Originally posted by jamin_jacob View Post
                        hey, I use to own a dsm (400 whp gsx) back in the day! if your still running the stock mass air flow sensor you can adjust the fuel mixture by cutting the rubber/silicone circle on the bottom side and screwing the sensor up and down

regret sell it every time I see another one
                        Still on stock MAF. Think I'm going to stay that way. I'll look into that, pretty wild idea. I'm going with ECM Link though. Shooting for 330whp on the big T28. I'll see how that feels for a while.

Comment

The Big T28 came in. Zero shaft play. That's very exciting.

I still need some gaskets and copper washers before installation. And I remember finding a very small exhaust leak between the head and the turbo manifold a couple years ago. So I will also need to pull the turbo manifold and replace that gasket while I'm at it.

And with any DSM everything turbo related needs to be checked for cracks. Hotside, mani, O2 housing. They like to crack.

I also purchased an intake. Used. It came with a filter and MAF. I bought it for the pipe as I seen it was for a recirculated BPV. $50 shipped. I jumped on it. I'm only using the pipe. I will buy a new filter, couplers and clamps. Of superior quality. Probably Forced Performance and a dry flow filter of some kind.

Comment

Good pick up! Are you selling the MAF to recoup some cost?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                              Good pick up! Are you selling the MAF to recoup some cost?
                              I guess I'm going to hang onto it. I don't need it. If I find someone who needs it more than I do I'll send it on it's marry way. I've got a surplus of various car parts. Lol

Comment

Tomorrow I'm getting ready to install the T28 on this. I've been researching the gaskets and such needed beforehand. I'm going to place the order tomorrow and be ready for next weekend.

The parts I need :

From Mitsubishi

MD128901
                                MD191897
                                MD198888
                                MR187699

From Street Tuned

14mm crush washers
                                10mm crush washers
                                Turbo lock washers
                                Return line to turbo gasket
                                Return line to oil pan gasket
                                Turbo bolt washers
                                O2/downpipe nuts
                                Manifold to head gasket

(More for my records)

It's going to run about $190 for everything. It will be nice to fix the leak between the head and turbo manifold at the same time as installing the bigger turbocharger. It should be an awesome first pull given everything goes right. I hope my wastegate is good. At one time I questioned it's condition. If it's bad it may hit fuel cut with the T28. Which would suck as I'd have to locate another wastegate.

Comment

Working...
                                X