Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accord R33: 2006 Ferrari F430 (Plus "Axis of Evil" garage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord R33: 2006 Ferrari F430 (Plus "Axis of Evil" garage)

I saw someone on Facebook say that cb7tuner shut down which made me sad. Thankfully they were trolling or just a moron.

Seeing the old black and orange and reading through some posts got me thinking about just how far things have come and how much has changed in the 13-14 years since I first created an account here. I figured I'd give an automotive update to any of the old OG crew who is still around. We moved from Massachusetts to the Sarasota, Florida area about four years ago and couldn't be happier.

Here is our (Valerie and myself) newest toy. We've had it for just over a year.

Since it's essentially stock I'll skip the "mods" section and just list some specs:
    • 4.3L mid engine V8 producing 490bhp.
    • 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, 12.0 standing quarter mile.
    • Ferrari "F1" single clutch electro-hydraulic transmission.
    • Ferrari "e-diff" limited slip differential.
    • Tubi style "exhaust flap delete" exhaust.
    • Dual K&N filters.
    • Rare "Challenge style" carbon fiber rear grill.
    • Carbon fiber trimmed interior.
    • "Daytona" style seats with red inserts and stitching.

Some more photos:

Here is the rest of our "Axis of Evil" garage (Germany, Italy, Japan). 2005 BMW M3 and 2003 Honda s2000.

Last edited by Accord R33; 04-19-2016, 01:02 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

dude i was just talking with my buddy Dave about the cape cod meet, and you came up, so just a couple days ago I was looking for your yo-yo videos on youtube, I found those instructional videos that you were a part of. My, has time flown! Glad you and Val are doing well, the garage looks awesome. I assume you are still in the tech field, mind if I ask what you've been up to these days?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      dude i was just talking with my buddy Dave about the cape cod meet, and you came up, so just a couple days ago I was looking for your yo-yo videos on youtube, I found those instructional videos that you were a part of. My, has time flown! Glad you and Val are doing well, the garage looks awesome. I assume you are still in the tech field, mind if I ask what you've been up to these days?
      You mean the "Yomega Zone"? I had no idea someone had uploaded it to YouTube. That's awesome. (Link for those who are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znt3DVV1XZE)

I'm still a software engineer from 9-5 for EMC (soon to be merged with Dell). Valerie and I run http://theclunkerjunker.com where we buy and sell junk and used cars across the country, either for scrap value or at auction. She does that full time and then some.

Cool to hear from you, Mike! Hope all is well with you as well.

Comment

Oh hey there my Ubuntu guru LOL.

Was surprised to see a post on here from ya lol, I was like wait what?

Yea someone on Facebook was probably referencing the cb7tuner facebook group which deev shut down(well closed) because of immaturity.

Anyway, speaking of Facebook, I kind of live through you vicariously lol. The F430 is still smoking I see. I enjoy seeing your cars & coffee pictures!

Merging with Dell huh? I take it that's good?

I miss FL sometimes, especially when we get like 15'' of snow(so I KNOW you don't miss that)

Good to hear everyone is doing well!

Comment

Eric!

Sweet Fiero, they're getting good with body kits these days!

I can only imagine what that thing must sound like at full shriek, shivers down the spine, I'm certain. I think I'd lose my license in a day and a half with one of those.

How's the S2000 treating you? Still tracking it with any regularity?

Hope all is well with you and Val. Congrats on all the success, it is well-deserved.
          Last edited by AccordWarrior; 04-19-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Eric n Val!

Glad to see you are both doing so well! Beautiful car, I'm proud and happy for you, my friend!

-Lee

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

#lifegoals

We never met, but I have stalked your page numerous times.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                Eric!

Sweet Fiero, they're getting good with body kits these days!

I can only imagine what that thing must sound like at full shriek, shivers down the spine, I'm certain. I think I'd lose my license in a day and a half with one of those.

How's the S2000 treating you? Still tracking it with any regularity?

Hope all is well with you and Val. Congrats on all the success, it is well-deserved.
                The sound and overall character is what won us over compared to other cars we looked at (R8, Gallardo). It's not the fastest car we could have bought in this price range, but there is something unique about the way the Ferrari feels, sounds, and drives that other cars can't quite capture.

Unfortunately the s2000 has had a dead battery for like 6-8 months now. Thinking about selling it and the M3 together to pickup a 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
                  The sound and overall character is what won us over compared to other cars we looked at (R8, Gallardo). It's not the fastest car we could have bought in this price range, but there is something unique about the way the Ferrari feels, sounds, and drives that other cars can't quite capture.

Unfortunately the s2000 has had a dead battery for like 6-8 months now. Thinking about selling it and the M3 together to pickup a 911.
                  I can understand that. The R8 and Gallardo are similar enough, I'd have a hard time justifying the price premium for the Gallardo, not having driven either, of course.

What 911 are you looking at? I remember you having a big thing for the GT3 RS. The pricing on P-cars have gone through the roof in the last year, it's nuts. I've even seen the trickle down on the "lesser" cars like the 914/951/etc. The 993s seem to be unobtainium for under 50K.

Comment

I can understand that. The R8 and Gallardo are similar enough, I'd have a hard time justifying the price premium for the Gallardo, not having driven either, of course.

What 911 are you looking at? I remember you having a big thing for the GT3 RS. The pricing on P-cars have gone through the roof in the last year, it's nuts. I've even seen the trickle down on the "lesser" cars like the 914/951/etc. The 993s seem to be unobtainium for under 50K.
                    Thinking about a 996 or 997 Turbo for a daily driver. The GT3 will come at some point, but not in the next few years at least. You're right about the air-cooled cars, the bubble is just absolutely insane right now. If it pops I'd consider a 964 or 993.

Comment

Did I mention how much I love the Axis of Evil garage haha

Good to see you and Val doing well man! - Henry
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Thinking about a 996 or 997 Turbo for a daily driver. The GT3 will come at some point, but not in the next few years at least. You're right about the air-cooled cars, the bubble is just absolutely insane right now. If it pops I'd consider a 964 or 993.
                        Do you follow Bring A Trailer at all? While salvage title cars are difficult to think about, there was a beautiful red on tan 996 Turbo that sold for low 30's.

My biggest gripe with the 996 is the resemblance to the Boxster, albeit less in the Turbo models. I know it followed suit still in the 997, but at least they didn't look as much the same.

My only gripe with the 997 Turbo is the wheels. Otherwise, if I won the lottery and was asked to select a new exotic, it would be a P-car. Plus, I know the soft spot you have for Porsche, so it would be a natural fit.

The question I have to ask, how do you plan on fitting a 24 pack of water an groceries into either of those? (I have to ask the practical questions once and awhile).

Comment

The question I have to ask, how do you plan on fitting a 24 pack of water an groceries into either of those? (I have to ask the practical questions once and awhile).
                          That's what the "practical" car is for!

Comment

That's what the "practical" car is for!

Fair enough!

Comment

Damn and I would just love to pickup an s2k LOL.

Unfortunately, it is not in my budget and you are a little far, however, had i the funds, I would most certainly fly down and drive it back!

Comment

Working...
                              X