2010 Honda Element SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Honda Element SC

Another thread sparked something in me and has me missing my old Element... Figured I'd share it here because it's a Honda and you guys might appreciate it.
    I sold it in 2015 to fund a cross-america road trip in a 1987 Toyota Motorhome. The Element booked for $17,5xx and I sold it to a dealership out of desperation for $12,050. I regret everything, but now I have a Vigor that's paid off and treats me well.

I will try to keep it brief, but I will answer any questions.
    Here's what it looked like from the factory:

Then I lowered it on Ksport coilovers:

Re-used a Mishimoto carbon fiber intake and legit JDM Red valve cover I had left over from an RSX-s I had. Also added a red Samco hose I purchased through a group buy on the Element forums: (picture is from a test fit of the intake)

Also reused some SS braided brake lines from the RSX and painted the calipers just because everything rusts up here and red looks way better than rust behind 5 spoke 18's:

Eventually installed thinner tires purely for aesthetics, bought Honda Pilot clear fender lights, Added an oem spoiler, oem foglights, yellow DRL bulbs (left over from the RSX), and some other little odds and ends:

Almost immediately after buying it, I had a friend of mine help me buff and polish the entire vehicle and seal the paint with ceramic coating. I think some of the pictures show just how good the ceramic worked, the Element looked wet 365 days a year... amazing stuff.
    Throughout my years owning it, I played around with different ideas for customizing it. At one point my Element served as a camping unit at car shows, with a full bed platform I made:

My pup helped with the build, of course:

Also during the camper stage, I made mosquito nets for the front windows and a picnic table for the back rack:

Also made a pull handle out of a tow strap for the back so I could close the hatch when I was sleeping in the back:

I bought a JDM shifter panel and installed a JDM EP3 hazard button and an s2000 starter button and trimmed the console in a carbon fiber look vinyl:

Shortly after that, I covered my dash and door panels in dark red marine vinyl fabric (fake leather):

I also had a Gibson exhaust, but no pictures of that.
    Here's a picture of my wife's CRV next to my Element:

And a random photo dump:

I hope you enjoyed it, I know I did. I miss it every day, and even worse I see it regularly being driven around town. I completely removed everything aftermarket before selling it, so at least I don't have to look at someone driving my creation around. It just looks like a stock Element now. Although, it's the only SC I've ever seen in this state.

Here's a picture of the rig we bought to drive around the country in, which inspired the need to sell my Element:

And the car I own now:

So that's that. Thanks for looking.
    CC2 Vigor.

Massively impressive... I've always believed Honda never devoted enough time and development to the Element...

Yours is a stunner!
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
      Massively impressive... I've always believed Honda never devoted enough time and development to the Element...

Yours is a stunner!
      Honestly it was perfect in it's simplistic design. The only thing they could've done differently (IMO) is that they should've offered a j35 option. Otherwise it is a very well designed vehicle for what it needs to do. It's unfortunate that honda doesn't offer some kind of newer version of it or a worthy competitor.
      CC2 Vigor.

Comment

looks good. your on the FB element page yet?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

The Element isn't my thing but you definitely took this one and made it your own. You had it looking very good. Not hard to see that you took pride in it and it fit your lifestyle very well.

Any plans for the Vigor? VIP maybe.....
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            looks good. your on the FB element page yet?
            Yup, I'm an admin of 3 of the pages.
            Honda Element Classifieds
            Bring Back The Element
            Element Owners

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            The Element isn't my thing but you definitely took this one and made it your own. You had it looking very good. Not hard to see that you took pride in it and it fit your lifestyle very well.

Any plans for the Vigor? VIP maybe.....
            Thanks! It was my favorite vehicle by far.
            No big plans for the Vigor, It's not worth the money. I keep thinking I want to lower it and put wheels on it, but I just can't justify the money on a vehicle with this much rust. I've got it to where you can't visually see the rust but It's far from what I would consider a good project candidate. I keep buying bolt on JDM parts simply because I have hopes of finding a solid Vigor some day that I can transfer all my collected parts onto. If I find a good used set of coilovers for a cb7 for cheaaaap then I would seriously consider buying them. Until then, I'm keeping it at stock height. I refuse to buy wheels before I lower it. There's nothing worse than nice wheels on a stock height, stock vehicle IMO.
            CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Working...
            X