Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Grrr. I hate paying other folks to service my vehicles. She experienced a crank, no-start issue a few weeks ago. Let is sit 15 minutes and it would start fine. Sent her a volt meter to check battery and alternator, but couldn't get it to repeat - until last week. Her fiancÚ was visiting and took it to fill the tank; wouldn't start after filling it up. Had it towed to a Honda dealer close by. Too many $ later, it has a new starter. They started out wanting $50 more than list price for the reman starter. I sent them a note with typical Honda list price, my local dealer's price (20% off), and Majestic's price - they dropped the price by $100. I've made the round trip in 36 hours before to do vehicle repairs instead of paying a shop down there.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    It's always something. The exhaust system shifted a little and started banging against the shield. I tried to push the shield further away. There is an exhaust hanger not too far behind the converter; I cut a second hanger, put one half inside the intact hanger on the bottom and the other outside of the intact hanger on the top side to force the exhaust system away from the shield. It stayed in place for the whole trip to FL yesterday taking my daughter to school. 25+ mpg for the trip down.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210121_222604_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	4977567
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-24-2021, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Good job on the upkeep on the Elements!

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Valve adjustment, engine bling, catalytic converter anti-theft shield.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210119_150409.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	4977522 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210119_130350.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	4977523

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    This one is home from college with my daughter for a few weeks; flew to Pensacola on Thursday morning, she picked me up at the airport (noon central time) and we headed home, terrible traffic in Montgomery, AL; didn't get home until 4:30 AM Friday. Figures, new windshield in September, got hit with a rock on the way home and left a star. Oil & filter change, rotated tires, cleaned the wheels today. Now at 196,625.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20201220_163050.jpg Views:	13 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	4977177

WOW! Safelite wanted $134 to "repair" the rock chip/star - that's almost half what it cost in September to replace it. I used a Permatex kit on it; it made it less noticeable. No idea if the Safelite repair would have been any better. It is on the far upper right, so not evident to the driver.

Edit: Got this back yesterday.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-09-2021, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Originally posted by Tishock View Post
    Looking good. did you ever install the painted valve cover?
    I put it in the other another Element I bought in May for my son (the lower mileage Element in my sig). It is Atomic Blue, so the valve cover went with it better. I will probably take that one and have it powder coated for this one - maybe candy red.

Leave a comment:

• Tishock
    replied
    Looking good. did you ever install the painted valve cover?

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Finally uploaded some photos from summer. Got carried away with a 150 ft. roll of striping tape and some lettering (the "O" stuck before I was ready). Installed stripped, powder coated, truck bed liner coated rear bumper beam from my son's Element (installed a new one from Honda in his). Wire brushed, a little sand blasting, treated and truck bed liner coated rust under the rear hatch where the bumper cover slides in.
    20200718_095634.jpg by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    20200718_121823 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    20200718_125634 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

20200801_180801 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    20200801_183009 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    20200813_184409 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-24-2020, 08:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Daughter had a water leak from the top center of the windshield on the way to school in FL. Had Safelite replace it Sept. 8. Good timing, it survived Sally's assault on Pensacola. The college campus registered 36 inches of rain.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 09-25-2020, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    A light clunking from the rear end. I suspected rear sway bar bushings. Got it up on ramps, just a little looseness in one bushing, but it looks like the left rear spring is cracked in the top coil. Elements have a history of stuck lower shock bolts also. I needed something to do this weekend.

Edit: Well, I guess it may have needed them anyway. Sprung for a set of OEM rear spring/shocks because this vehicle is headed to TN on Wednesday. Heard a lot negative feedback on aftermarket spring/shocks. Once I got the left one out, the spring itself wasn't cracked, just the coating. I was lucky (cause I know I ain't living right), the lower shock bolts came out relatively easily. They were Honda shocks, don't know if they were still the originals.

20200815_115637_resized by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-24-2020, 08:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Supplementing my Accord parts collection with Element parts. My son and I hit the yard Saturday (2004 and 2005 available) and picked up a 4WD drive shaft, rear differential, pair of side view mirrors, three tail lights, rear hatch struts, and a few other odds and ends.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-24-2020, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Rolled through 192,000 just last week.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    How many miles does it have now?

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Switched plans; the valve and intake cover went on a blue Element I bought in May. This one got a new serpentine belt, oil & filter, transmission drain & fill, differential drain & fill, power steering 3x drain & fill, replaced one damaged wheel since it came home.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    This looks good!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X