Auto civic fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto civic fail

So...Im currently dding a 93 automatic civic....its in great running condition....cept for it wont shift into overdrive.....the car shifts through gears fine but no overdrive.

Im assuming this is an electrical issue rather than a mechanical....its throwing a code 19: Automatic transmission lockup control valve

Ive tried seeing if I can find the part on ebay and forums to no avail...So im more wondering where exactly this thing is located so maybe I can grab one from a junkyard or something.....Im gonna be selling this car in a month or so and Id like to have this issue sorted out before selling as its the only thing actually wrong with the car.

Ive took a quick look around the transmission but honestly dont knwo much about honda autos (autos in general actually as I never cared to learn) so Ive got no clue as to what Im actually looking for.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Originally posted by King James View Post
    So...Im currently dding a 93 automatic civic....its in great running condition....cept for it wont shift into overdrive.....the car shifts through gears fine but no overdrive.

Im assuming this is an electrical issue rather than a mechanical....its throwing a code 19: Automatic transmission lockup control valve

Ive tried seeing if I can find the part on ebay and forums to no avail...So im more wondering where exactly this thing is located so maybe I can grab one from a junkyard or something.....Im gonna be selling this car in a month or so and Id like to have this issue sorted out before selling as its the only thing actually wrong with the car.

Ive took a quick look around the transmission but honestly dont knwo much about honda autos (autos in general actually as I never cared to learn) so Ive got no clue as to what Im actually looking for.
    if you would have cared to learn about them, you would have found out, lockup control valve, is inside the tranny hence tearing it apart
    this sometimes happens from overadjustment of the kickdown cable that goes to the TB
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I actually did kinda read that a while ago.....but I convinced myself that it was gonna be a simple fix....fuck

And why would I care enough to really research something that is a beater and automatic....Dont really care about either.....but thanks

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I had an automatic 1993 Civic DX... then I did a manual H22 swap and that shit was seriously quick!

Comment

Working...
        X