Maple D17 Build Thread *Internals + Boost*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maple D17 Build Thread *Internals + Boost*

So yeah, was trying to sell my 278K Mile Civic and failed, Then Tryed to buy a used BMW but needed a co-signer. So Yeah decided to build it.

Little History on car:
    Bought 4 years ago in 2007 Bone Stock. Have done every upgrade to it possible. Replaced a few transmissions, and engines.
    Drove down to the ATL meet. Got it dyno tuned in Hickory at HIS Motorsports, Pushed out a low 170WHP on 8PSI on Stock Vtec Motor with a T25 Turbo running KPRO. Car pulled okay. Drove back to MA. Then the joy of OIL everywhere, pissing out of crank case vent and burning oil, ( piston Rings) My guess.

Now i'm back to a shitty engine once again.

These parts have been ordered and shipped:

K1 Rods
    Wiesco Pistons 75.5MM
    AEM Water/Meth Kit
    ACL Stock Spec Bearings
    New Honda HG
    New TB
    New WP

Things i'm trying to get:
    Another D17 Vtec Motor (400$)
    SRT-4 Injectors (70$)

And need to wait a few weeks to bring the bare block to machine shop to bore, hone, and clean it. will cost me 530$ for everything and also assemble the lower end.

Pushing for a 275-300WHP Daily Driver

275-300WHP on a DD sounds good, they're already light so you'll be flying.

How many engines have you had to replace?
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

yea 275-300hp is sweet for a dd. good luck on your build.

about to get my hands dirty!

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
        Got it dyno tuned in Hickory at HIS Motorsports, Pushed out a low 170WHP on 8PSI on Stock Vtec Motor with a T25 Turbo running KPRO. Car pulled okay. Drove back to MA. Then the joy of OIL everywhere, pissing out of crank case vent and burning oil, ( piston Rings)
        I don't know anything about D17s... but are you sure your PCV system wasn't connected to your charge piping or your intake manifold? Because that would cause the oil to start coming out.

And if it was the rings, then maybe it is time to find a new tuner.

In any case, seems like a solid build you are planning there! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X