head swap on preulde question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head swap on preulde question

i helped my friend swap a b21 head on his b20a motor. the b20a head snapped a cam shaft on previous owner. anyway we timed the motor correctly. put the new head back correctly. connected every plug and ground. started it up and it revs to high heaven. which is about 5000 rpm. i forget what we did but now its idleing at 4000 rpm. has anyone had this problem??? its a 91 prelude with 4 wheel steering

moved: please post in the right section. Thanks

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

sorry about that i figured since it wasnt a cb7 related question. it would be off topic. thanks

Comment

Is should have ben posted in swaps or technical.
        Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
        93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Try adjusting the throttle cable.

Comment

check for a vacuum leak. something might have been overlooked or forgoten in the swap.

Comment

if its idling at 4k, its got a huge vacuum leak

check, your idle sensors to see if they're loose or stuck open
              this engine has IABS too, so check the spacer between the manifold and plenum, for any leaks

use a water hose if you cant find the leak spray water around the manifold, and hear where the idle goes down, and hear a sucking sound

try not to use too much water, being that this big of a leak and water going through it could damage the engine
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Actually, this WOULD be Off Topic, since it doesn't pertain to the CB7. Even better, it should go in the Other Automotive Tech/Performance section. However, you need 30 posts to post it there.

Since you have 29 posts, Tdub90, I'm going to move it to that section. When you get one more post, you'll be able to reply to it.

However, very few people on here know about the B20 and B21... they are very uncommon motors (specific to the 3rd gen Prelude only), and they have nothing at all to do with the motors we are familiar with on here!

Comment

Working...
                X