06 Civic Strange Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

06 Civic Strange Brakes

So I was rotating the tires and inspecting the underside of the car last weekend, and my brakes have been squealing for a couple weeks. There is plenty of pad left, I just replaced them last November.

I figure it could be because I am not driving a whole lot these days, 260 miles in a month or so.

Anyways, I took a couple pictures of the rotors because they have strange lines that are perpendicular to the rotation. Maybe they are too thin? I looked at the thickness, and it doesn't appear that way (I didn't have calipers to check).

Take a look:

Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

They look like cracks and seem to radiate out from the center. Do the lines follow the inner rotor fins? Can you feel anything out of the ordinary when you run your finger over it?

Comment

They do not follow the fins on the inside at all.

And no, the rotors are pretty smooth on the surface.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Eh I just searched, looks like it is leftover pad material

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspe...placement.html

Probably has something to do with max-performing the brakes on my drive up and down Pike's Peak back in June.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

riding them brakes huh gary lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            riding them brakes huh gary lol
            Not that much. When you come down Pike's Peak, at the halfway part they have a park ranger check the temps on your brakes and mine were fine (because I was mostly engine braking). My buddy in his F150 though had to stop and cool his.

I'm sure 75 mph speed limits almost everywhere here in Texas don't help either.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Working...
            X