CD5 fog technical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD5 fog technical question

Ok on my ep3 I bought a set of jdm yellow fogs but the wiring was a disaster so I had to wire them myself. The end result is a great working set of fogs that I can turn on and off at will even without the other lights being on ,just the fogs.

My question is this. My cd5 came with factory fogs BUT they only come on when the headlights are on. Does anyone know of a way for me to wire the fogs to do the same as my ep3? Or what wires i need to cut and re run to make this happen. I've checked cd5tuner.com but I couldn't find anything and the site won't let me join for some reason so I can't post this there. Says something about bot entries on the second page of registration even tho no bot questions come up......anyways, any help is appreciated!
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Why on earth, other than because you want to look cool, would you ever need your foglights on when your headlights aren't? Foglights are for fog, not for flossing around town.

And instead of ruining your harness, why don't you buy another cheap universal harness like your "JDM" foglights came with and do them same thing? Wouldn't that accomplish what you want?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Why on earth, other than because you want to look cool, would you ever need your foglights on when your headlights aren't? Foglights are for fog, not for flossing around town.

And instead of ruining your harness, why don't you buy another cheap universal harness like your "JDM" foglights came with and do them same thing? Wouldn't that accomplish what you want?
      Instead of bashing why don't you keep your comments to yourself unless you have an answer to the problem I ask. And to answer the smart** remark is because when it's getting dark and the street lights are on I can use the fogs as lighting to not get pulled over.

And how many people actually use them for fog? How often do we actually get fog so bad we need lights specifically for that? Most people get them because of the cool factor, otherwise why are people dropping serious coin on jdm or usdm fogs? To have and show off.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
        Instead of bashing why don't you keep your comments to yourself unless you have an answer to the problem I ask. And to answer the smart** remark is because when it's getting dark and the street lights are on I can use the fogs as lighting to not get pulled over.
        I don't think it's bashing to present a rational question to a suggestion that warranted it. And when it gets dark your headlights should be on, regardless of extraneous accessory lighting. That's usually a law.

And how many people actually use them for fog?
        I do.

How often do we actually get fog so bad we need lights specifically for that?
        Not that often, but when it does come I have foglights, specifically for fog.

Most people get them because of the cool factor, otherwise why are people dropping serious coin on jdm or usdm fogs? To have and show off.......
        Using your foglights when it's not foggy is the equivalent of driving down the road clicking a bumper pole switch on and off and watching it extend and retract as you drive down the road. It's not its intended purpose, but you get to tell everyone out there that you're cool enough to have a bumper pole, whatever that means.

I answered your question with what I thought would have been common sense. You wanted your foglights to work exactly like the ones in your Civic which you bought the harness for and were able to wire in how you wanted them. In a sense you're asking us for instructions on how to do what you already did.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          I answered your question with what I thought would have been common sense. You wanted your foglights to work exactly like the ones in your Civic which you bought the harness for and were able to wire in how you wanted them. In a sense you're asking us for instructions on how to do what you already did.
          The question was in regard to the factory wiring. I don't want to have to buy an aftermarket harness and run the whole thing again. Took two hours to run everything in the civic and re wire it to work.

If someone had previously done this with the factory wiring, which it has to only be two wires, that they would know exactly which two I need to rerun.

I know it might not sound like it's logical to you but people do this with many different lights. Bumper lights that a really wired to be on all the time instead of just flashing and fender markers to be on with the lights instead of just flashing for example. I like the idea of being able to control when my lights work instead of them only working with the headlights. Sorry if you don't get it, I do and that's what matters.

Comment

The '94-'97 Accord accessory foglight harness is a much simpler design than the one in the '90-'93 Accords. There's a good chance not many here have any experience with it.

And the reason it's wired the way it is in the first place is because the law in most states requires your low-beam headlamps to be on if your foglights are on.

I get that you think it's trivial because you've decided it's what you want to do and your opinion is the only one that matters. I never said don't do it. I just asked for a logical reason why you wanted to and your reaction was to be offended. You'll likely never be pulled over for advertising to all the citizens of your fine town that you are blessed enough to have such a luxury as forward-facing fog lamps. However, you'll feel pretty silly in the future if you ever get a ticket for it. So at the very least I've given you a heads up.

Comment

Well thank you for your concern.......

Comment

Working...
              X