98 integra ls questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 integra ls questions

got a 98 ls automatic. just bought a p28 ecu with a blank chip. know it needs 2 be burned first with a basemap for my b18b1. question, i see the burn2 chip burner for sale, can i burn a basemap myself? also, going to do a 5spd swap. reason i dont just get a 5spd p75, is because i bought the car with a full exhaust, no place for o2 sensors to even go atm. need to get those cels off along with abs n srs lights so im sure the p28 can fix all that once i get it set up.
    my car is obd2a. i know i need a conversion harness to use the ecu, my question is really about the tranny. im guessing the tranny has no other plug than maybe vss and reverse light sensor. will i have issues plugging and playing my cars auto harness to the conversion harness n then to the p28?

It shouldn't but my main concern would be with idling issues. When I had my swap from hmotors online steve goofed and sent me a automatic ecu programmed into a five-speed which had that idle searching all over the place.

Comment

There's no O2 sensors @ all in the car?

I'd get an O2 sensor back into the system as a start, then address why you have SRS and ABS lights before you even think of getting into running a basemap, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X