X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil Packs on 7M

hehe im going to LOVE this thread!

well heres my question for those people who know about car electrics

if I install an aftermarket turbo on my 7M, do i need the coilpacks from a GTE, even though its an aftermarket setup?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Having deal with coil packs on my old 300Zx...check MSD, TRD or any well known Supra tuner. I would upgrade them if I were to turbo the N/A motor too. I am sure someone makes them. If not, source them frome the GTE. Maybe the GTE's packs are just that good. Or slap a MSD...forget the sub lettering. I think its Digital-6. That would take care of it.

I been following the thread about your build, what turbo kit are we talking here?

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
      Having deal with coil packs on my old 300Zx...check MSD, TRD or any well known Supra tuner. I would upgrade them if I were to turbo the N/A motor too. I am sure someone makes them. If not, source them frome the GTE. Maybe the GTE's packs are just that good. Or slap a MSD...forget the sub lettering. I think its Digital-6. That would take care of it.

I been following the thread about your build, what turbo kit are we talking here?

lol none untill my parents say i can

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
        lol none untill my parents say i can
        What do you have in mind then?

Comment

What do you have in mind then?

well we got the head ported and polished, oversize valves, cold air intake, and a loud ass stereo.

i plan on keeping this untill my senior year, then its my goal to get a TT FD rx7

but i was contemplating doing a turbo 7M swap at SOME point in time

Comment

well we got the head ported and polished, oversize valves, cold air intake, and a loud ass stereo.

i plan on keeping this untill my senior year, then its my goal to get a TT FD rx7

but i was contemplating doing a turbo 7M swap at SOME point in time
            Slap in a thicker gasket into the 7MGE. Drops that 10:1 CR right downs into boost range. Then hop on ebay for some stock supra injectors/turbo parts. Can have that car turboed for under 1000 dollars.

You had a quote saying metal HG should be the foundation. Get a slightly thicker than stock one. Also, i would like to agree with that quote. MLS is freaking retarded on a turbo motor.

Comment

Slap in a thicker gasket into the 7MGE. Drops that 10:1 CR right downs into boost range. Then hop on ebay for some stock supra injectors/turbo parts. Can have that car turboed for under 1000 dollars.

You had a quote saying metal HG should be the foundation. Get a slightly thicker than stock one. Also, i would like to agree with that quote. MLS is freaking retarded on a turbo motor.

at the fear of being called retarded, i ask this,

whats MLS?

Comment

multi layer steel
                1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                4.0L I-6 2WD
                293k miles, still running strong.
                Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by CoPilot1
                  multi layer steel
                  Oh no. Multi-layer Silicone, when it comes to gaskets.

Comment

Oh no. Multi-layer Silicone, when it comes to gaskets.

i was about to say, isnt multi-layer steel ideal for boost?

Comment

i was about to say, isnt multi-layer steel ideal for boost?
                      Damn straight!!! I wish they were made for F22s, like mass made. Update this Danny!!! Oh yea, looked it up...MST Digital 6 is what I had. It works with or without a distributor and it will pwn your coil packs. Retails higher than the 6A and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X