b20a5 head on a a20a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b20a5 head on a a20a1

I just went to advance today and i put an a20a1 head gasket on my b20a5 head and it is reasonably close. I'm thinking that if i jbweld up the 2 oil passages on the intake side (i think..might be exhaust) and drill out the gasket a little bit that i can get the thing to fit. Granted it's not an exact fit like the f22/h22 frankenstein, but it's somewhat the same concept. I dont have anythign to lose on this particular swap because the cause the carb on the a20 is going bad so it's running terribly bad.

what i'm planning on doing is hooking up the computer to the wire harness and remove anything not connected to it... BTW does anyone have the pinout of the b20a5..if not i'll search around for it somewere.. I'm stinking that if i just run the wires for the computer only i'll be okay this way everythign still works in the car. I'm going to do the normal thing of taking out the gas tank and adding a pressure line. I think i'm going to need some serious luck on this one. I've seen the b21a3 on the a20a1 before...i just dont think that is the only option.

i'd ask over on 3geez.com since i've been there for ever, but i think that they dont have the mind set cause i'm seen on here people thinking more and more about head swaps because of hte f22/h23 head swap. ...just how i feel..

Anyone have concrete evidence that it's not going to work? Once i finish up my buddies zook i'm going to start rebuilding the b20a5 head and get his car over...dang this is alot of work.. anywho i just wanted to put down my ideas on...umm cyber paper and get others opinions on this thing.

peace
    WTB:
    88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
    OR
    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

dang that would be bad

SOLD!

Comment

That would be sick!!! That head w/some cams, and a turbo setup on an A20 block= THE WIN!!!!! Go for it man...

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I'm a loser. Someone tell me about this A20 engine...
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
          I'm a loser. Someone tell me about this A20 engine...
          A20 engine= the SOHC 12V engine from the CA (3rd gen) Accord...

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

you post this stuff up yet on 3geez.com, those guys would be quite impressed i would think, sounds insane, i remeber my old accord

the day i had her hauled away to the scrap metal yard free of charge...
            , this is what her engine head looked like after i hand polished it over the 04' winter......yup $210 worth of gaskets and oil and coolant just hauled away....only 20 mins of runing life for that motor, the rust was just too bad for it...

sry for the thread jack
            93 Accord- SOLD
            94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

I believe it's been tried and found to not work. I considered doing that to my A20A. If you can find a head cheap to try it out, go for it! Something tells me it won't work though.

Moved to the Other Automotive tech section.

Comment

thanx for the replys guys. I'm almost beginning to dowbt though because i remember a hole not lining up..i thnk it's just one of the oil passages and the gasket can just be ground away at. But the dowbt comes from thinking that it may be a head bolt. if that is the case that would be teh suck.

I got a little bit too excited last night and i couldn't put all my forethought onto paper.

I know I wont be able to just run all the wirs from the prelude into the 3g like you do when you do a carb -> efi swap. So that's why i'm thinking that i just take all the wires that are not directly tied into the ecu and the engine head harness and cut them out. Then i can just run all the wires behind the carpet and call it good.

I"ll have to change the tank but i think the prelude tank is very similar to the accord...i'll make it work by god....and i have to run the other fuel line which we busted getting it out of the prelude... that was a bummer.

I'm not too familiar with the b20 head though because i was just learning about honda when i had my lude, then i got rid of it and continued learning on the 3g.. Does anyone know what sorta specs i might could get keeping things relativly stock? Thanx guys once again for the response... Once i get the motor head off the accord and test fit the prelude head on the block i'll start taking pictures of my work and do a write up on it... mainly for 3geez.com, but i'll link over there for ya all. Guess if it runs good i'll take it over to the dyno and check out the numbers.

PEACE
                WTB:
                88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                OR
                90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Working...
                X